It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story of how I came to believe in God through the Holy Bible. (kjv)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Anyone who can render Sun Matrix and madnessinmysoul relatively speechless in the same thread, well... I'm calling "MIRACLE".

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Anyone who can render Sun Matrix and madnessinmysoul relatively speechless in the same thread, well... I'm calling "MIRACLE".

Oh boy, now you've done it. They're going to come back with some more atheist nonsense.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Jimboman,

Why are you so hooked on the KJV?

I, myself, prefer the KJV. It seems to me that the farther we get away (chronilogically) from the original text, the more liberal we get with our translations. There are several things I believe to be true about the KJV.
1) I believe in the Holy Ghost inspiratin of the early translators. These were men who forsook all else in the world and literally spent their lives studying and translating the scriptures by hand.
2) These men spoke the languages they translated from and were familiar with the lingo of the day which would have been much different than what is spoken today.
3) Some of the languages of the original text are dead languages and todays translations are more like guess work based on academic theory.
4) With all the translations coming out today and how quickly they pop up, I can't help but feel like it's more about publishers making money than people actually wanting to sperad Gods Word.
5) A lot of the new translations are very watered down and try to change the message of the Bible to match our society. The Bible was meant to be a beacon to show us the true path. Not a tool for men to use to promote their own agaendas. Many of these translations have been altered to make things that are clearly ungodly seem to be ok.

I'ver never really had any trouble underestanding the KJV, but I also read Shakespear and Chaucer without too much trouble in English class back in high school. Some of the other translatins are ok for study references, but I don't put much stock in them.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Shar,

Plus, I know this is stupid but remember when I was in the library, and that guy said that. I just wonder if it was meant for me to stay with the KJV.

I don't think that is stupid at all. I read your whole story and to me it sounds like you may have had a special visitor. From everything I've read here and the other things I've read of yours in various posts, I think you are an inspired person and have been touched by the Holy Spririt. Your experience in the library just reinforces my own belief in the Holy Bible and the powers that exist within and around us on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37
5) A lot of the new translations are very watered down and try to change the message of the Bible to match our society. The Bible was meant to be a beacon to show us the true path. Not a tool for men to use to promote their own agaendas. Many of these translations have been altered to make things that are clearly ungodly seem to be ok.

Exodus
15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

War is the true path (apperantly).

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I know your talking to lonewolf here.

However, I just wanted to say that Exodus 15 1-21 is a song.

A very, very happy song by Moses and all the rest of the people. They just now received their freedom, after generations of being slaves. I think I would sing a happy song too. Who wouldn't?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me when people like yourself, who come out of an incredibly abusive enviroment, turn out to be such, well, nice people. You're a living, breathing testament to courage and fortitude. You found a way out, through faith, that many don't. This was, and is, a truely wonderful story.

As for your father...one day he'll answer to a much higher authority.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Vlad Tepes,

Shar is correct. God is the God of everything, in this instance war. The Israelites had been slaves of the Egyptians for a very long time. The Jews had just left and had no weapons and were traveling with all their possesions in a huge caravan. The Egytians had changed their mind about letting them go and were chasing them down with an entire army to slaughter them. God used his creation, the sea in this case, to conquer the Israelites' enemy because they had no means to defend themselves. The Egyptian army was drown and the rest were seperated from the Jews by the Red Sea so that they could not follow. This would have been a tremendous miracle to witness and naturallly the Jews were rejoicing in their salvation. If you read vs. 1 & 2 you will see that they were sining a song of praise to God for His miracle.

Exodus 15
1Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
2The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
3The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
4Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.
5The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.
6Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.
7And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble.
8And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Vlad Tepes,

Shar is correct. God is the God of everything, in this instance war.

So using the same logic, God is also the God of homosexuality? God is the ultimate queer.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
seagull,

Thankyou for your kind and thoughtful words.

amaze me when people like yourself, who come out of an incredibly abusive enviroment, turn out to be such, well, nice people.

I was blessed. My Lord protected me.

Life was so hard for me though, don't get me wrong. There was nothing easy growing up with a mad man, a drunk, an Abusers. During times when I thought I would just lose it, I would turn to God. I went to Him every single time. I would just prey and prey and prey, and I would read my Bible.

I thought the worse thoughts sometimes. I tell you i did. Like I said Life was not easy.

When I thought bad, I could feel the Holy Spirit that much closer to me.

I was 6 years old when I thought of running away from home for the first time. I told my dad that I was leaving home, and he beat me for saying that. I learned then that we were not allow to say what we thought.

I don't think most 6 year olds think like this. I have 3 and not one of mine has ever said this stuff to me. They are ages: 16, 13, 11. We have a very good relationship. They have no idea what whisky, smoke, and gambling is. They have no idea what a beaten is.

I don't think you come out of what I came out of unaffected. I will be harmed the rest of my days. I was robbed, by my dad. This I know. I don't know how to say it. It's just when your abused as bad as we were, you will never be the person you could of been. I don’t think I’ll ever forget, the things we went through. I learned a lot of what not to do though.

The first time I talked about my life in my 20's. WOW. I felt like the biggest tallest building just got thrown down. Also, though these were some of my hardest years of my life. I'm out of the house and not coping so well with what I just came out of. From age 18 to 23 I just didn’t think I was going to make it.

When I was at home, I was surviving. Just trying to get from day to day. I didn’t know why --I just did. When my dad tried to knock my teeth down my throat as he would say. I would say to him, "God gave me these teeth. Their mine and your not going to knock them down my throat!" He looked like he was scared of me when I say things like that to him.

When he would say, "he wants to blow my brains out, so I don't turn out like my sister and he will do it because he loved me" I just gave him the most nasty look and say, " That's not love dad. No you got it all wrong. God say's thou shall not murder. God tells us how to love. I'm telling you, you have it wrong." It wasn't easy with him that's for sure. I kept these brains somehow. He didn’t get to blow them out of me. I kept my teeth too.

When I came out of it, I was trying to learn how to live. Live a real life. I think it was just as hard at first. I had no-one to show me. I made so many wrong turns. Trail and error is what I call it. It’s easier if you have someone to tell you things. To give you advice. I didn’t have that. ( I talk to my kids all the time. I help them as much as I can.) I had some friends. I just didn’t talk to them about things. Not even my best friend from 7th grade to this very day she knows none of this. I never told her. I was to scared to tell anyone. My dad said he would kill us. I believed him. As you can see today I’m not afraid to talk about anything. I actually prefer too. I know it helps.

I do have a Father though. No not my earthly dad. He don't know how to be a dad. My Father is the one who raised me. My Lord. He raised me. He was all I had. All I needed to get through. He was My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Lonewolf,

Thankyou,

I think you are an inspired person and have been touched by the Holy Spririt.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow...

You were robbed...robbed of your childhood, innocence, and whatever else goes along with being a child. That you rebounded so well, and have not become an abuser yourself, is a testement to the strength of your character and your faith. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Shar your story was great. i believe it. I believe it cuz of much of what you said I went throw just in different ways. If its ok I will share most of my being saved with you. There are just something only meet for god to know. And others for his children to hear. My story is real wont lie. Under God I will tell the truth as I know it.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow where woudl I start. I think I should at least give you a idea of where I was from. You see i was raise by strippers. No lie. On God and all. From a young start I saw drugs, sex, and some of the stupidous people in life. My dad supposable die before I was born. My mom and me in the stomack and dad driveing. He had no sit belt, and throw through the window and die. Me i got supposabed brain damage and my twin from die in the stomck too.

Here the dill my mom is a lier and a good one at that. This part of the story could be true or not. But if it is think about. My twin brother die in my moms stomack, and when she got to hospitel when they tool him out. Somehow this miss me. If that happen I call it the will of God. But on all I love I dont believe this story.

When I was 5 I used to go to a mormon church, but then mom believe, but throw time and strippein killl it. I dont think I knew then what God really was. But my step brother later when I was 11 and moved to Las Vegas kill himself. He hang him. Problems with his father. I remember I didnt cry when I found out. I just pray every night till this day, dont know why just didnt. For a awhile I grow up till 16 was into drugs mainy weed. Mom was srtipperin in Vegas at places like GlitterGolt Olipck Gardens, cray horse, little darneling. Here the problem with long time stripin. You fake yourself so much to get money, and make up stories that it gets into your being, plus the drugs where almost a bigger problem.

You see the problem with my mom she thinks that life is about her. She was leting a man she loved abused her mentally. One night he was drunk and moving the things out her house. I was on the bed high off weed but i notice that he was doing something in the room. When he left I went to look. Now my mom is a mirror freak. She had like seven mirrior in there. And all over them He wrote bad hatful them. Hor, slut, I mean some of the worst things you can say. Mom was stripin at cheatahs to pay the bills. But she didnt need to see that stuff. It was in periment black maker. The worst you can have off a mirror. Took me a hour to get it off. But the point in telling you this is she even then let him come back. This man was detroyin my and my sister relationship with out mother. Before him she talk to us, afterwards nothing.

When i was a junior I left the house, i cant remember why, but she was being to stupid. I cant explan. Some kids raged against there mother because they want to have what they want. But my mother seam only care for what she wanted. At that time it was the first time I was out of her house and for like 4 months I hop to house to house.

Sometime after these Gary Martin came into my mother life. He was a old man she meet in the strippe club And mom was milking the milk. Throw this My sister learn to be like mother, she used gary to. He became our uncle. The best man I will ever know. But mom and chris would always call me when they needed something. He later die on dialisis after I was not homeless the second time.

After I got back into mom was we move up between vegas and perrump by Mount springs salloon and a fire station. The day I start my senior year home got really stupid. You see we had to take a bus to go sign up for our school. After that I was to put in some job apts that I had. But the computers for the schools went down that day. So I left early to put the apt in and make a bus that took 2 hours to get back to the mountins. When I got back mom was mad cuz I didnt stay the whole day in vegas turning in job apts. But the fact was I turn in the apts. So we argue and got into a fight and mom got balls thinks cuz we're in a mountin I cant do anything. How the argement start was the family were going to see a movie in vegas but because i came back I had to stay. I was'nt wrong she ask me to turn in the apts I did. I told her that i would leave again if she acted like this. So she told me to leave I did. I had a friend off the mountin who just started learning to drive drive me back. All on the very first day of high school. Here I hope to house to house again. But these times I wont talk about.

After that time I went homeless for 3 years in vegas. No lie no joke. Throw STREETTEEN off on tropicana and eastern they help me. It was open between 8-4 everday even holidays. They gave you food, a place to be at for a momemnt. Gave food cupons, shows a place to get everything you need to be homeless.Cuz this time i was'nt hopin house to house. I slept in turnnels. I slept with sleeping bags and ask people for money. Now a homeless person and a bum are two different things. A bum is the one holding the sign saying feed me, god bless. Homeless just means you on the street. For money we spaneg for the money. the word is a getto word on the street for ask strangers for money. Now here i learn to grow up, I learn to take care of my self. But I didnt know God. To find God I God arrested in Jail for possestion of weed and a pipe 2000.00 fine for that. And man preach in Jail. I listen to him, he told me to read romans one of my favorit books of the bible. I remember cuz at the time I even stole the bible from the book store. After this i read the bible everwhere I went on the bus. When I went to bed. At the bus stop. The bible came so important to me It was the things I watch to make share didnt get stolen at night in the turnel. I was sleeping on eastern and winmill.

To say the least I understood my family, more what who I was, and why I went throw things. I only give you a basic idea of my life. I've seen evil do its works. But I have seen good too.

True story In vegas I was walking getting ready to go back on the bus, so I can go back to my skwot(your homelss place to sleep at) The win was blowing so hard that i felt That God wanted me to do somethings. Everytime I try to go toward the bus, the win push me and I am somewhat big 5-1-- 135 powns. So I follow the win. It took me to other bus stop about 2 to 3 blocks downs. No Ill never forget this. Right away you could tell there we something wrong with the lady. She was spiritful hurting. But most strangers you cannot just walk up to and talk about God. You got to start a off topic confusation. So I ask her for a cigaret I think and ask her how she was doing. I ask her what she did that day. We where waiting for the bus and she said that wow the bus takes so long. Here was my time. I said well all things happen for a reason. For this w

[edit on 19-4-2007 by slymattb]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
talk about God. See this is what happen with her her daighter die and she was a believer and a stripper. Her daighter. She was scare that her daighter might be in hell. The lady after talking with me saw a conection because of my family stripping. But the answer to her question was not a easy answer cuz in the end its your own free will to choose God or not. I told her sents her jher daighter was believeing in God she was most likely saved, but I remind her that not evil heart enter heaven. The lady cryed even falt So Glad to meet me. She look like she has been praying about that situation for a long time. She look like she found her answer. She even told me She was happy to meet me. Then i went back to eastern and winmill to sleep in my tunnels. Through out my time in vegas I saw alot of evil things and good things to. Just more bad. My own best friend who I meet off the streets, he even went to church with me, back stab me in the back for money. But thats its own story.

After I was saved I remember something when I was young almost like 7 years old. I swear to this day and on everthing i believe. I would sometimes go to sleep on the cowch. Not one person but me in the room, and I swear I heared voices from the cowch. I was young and stupid. But I remember cowch, voices, and only me in the room.

My family now is out of stripping all my family memembers and are nurses. I am in Job Corps learning a career to support my self. The bible says it. If you cannot help yourself, how can you help others. God is a life path. God puts many paths you can take in front of you. You choose the paths you want for its your own free will too choose. God teaching come from the Bible, but God reall teaching are life experences. All around you things happen for good and evil. All you can do is be a soldier of Christ and Fight the Good fight. Evil out there and they're there to confence you that God is not God. Be a soldier and hold the sword and the sheld.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by slymattb]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Vlad,

So using the same logic, God is also the God of homosexuality? God is the ultimate queer.

He is our God; the God of humanity. But just as a parent does, he gives us guidance and then we are free to make our own choices. His guidance is His word, the Holy Bible. We can choose to accept it and follow it's guidance and reap the benefits of eternal life with God. We can also choose the path of sin and rejection. But if we reject God and His will in this life, it means eternal seperation from Him and, therefore, eternal existance in Hell. The choice seems relatively obvious to me, but we all have that choice to make on our own. Satan has a way of clouding the issue with lies and deceptions because he would like to see all of us make his choice; rejection. That's why I like the KJV. I feel it is the most accurate account of God's instructions to us who choose to follow Him.

Homosexuality is just one of the sins that we can choose or reject and our societies acceptance of this, among many other sins, is just another example of Satans deceptions. I am not attempting to condemn anyone for their choices; that is not my place. I do feel it is my duty, however, to point out that there are right and wrong choices in this life and consequences for the wrong ones. As I have said before, if you don't believe in God, the time to find out your wrong is in this life, because it will be too late in the next.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
slymattb,

Sorry to hear you had a very rough life as well.

Just remember to follow God's will and you will do fine in this life. Keep your eyes straight. Good Luck with Job Core.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Homosexuality is just one of the sins that we can choose or reject and our societies acceptance of this, among many other sins, is just another example of Satans deceptions.

You see, I have a different view on ‘Satan’ (in terms of mythology). I see him more as a freedom fighter and a rebel against the one tyrant God (Yahweh). The God you worship is truly a tyrant that desires nothing but vanity (our worship) and has lashed out in anger and wrath in the past. The bible also describes the God of the Bible as very jealous and petty.

www.thebricktestament.com...

(Yes I get all my Bible teachings from the Brick Testament)

Why on earth would an almighty omnipotent and omniscient (looking past the flawed logic of this) need to create rules to govern us? Why does he really care if people are homosexual? It makes absolutely no sense why such a God would be intolerant of such actions.

And if God of the Bible is omniscient why did he need to test Abraham?

Being omniscient he already knows what’s going to happen in the future, he already knows before he even conducts the test whether or not Abraham will fail or pass, so why bother with it at all?

And why bother with all these redicilous laws that are in the Bible?

The Bible is infallible and divinely inspired by God so please don’t counter comment that this was merely laws created by humans. Either stick with it or accept that the whole book is a freaking fraud.

Vlad

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ok, I found some of my old pictures and scanned them into my computer. This is me way back on July 2 1985. I was 17 years old.

This is the hand full of people that were there. The lady in the pink dress is my aunt. The man in the blue jacket is my uncle, he's talking to the preacher. The rest I don't know.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
You were pretty. Too bad I was only 3 years old at the time, or maybe I'd have the chance to corrupt you (i.e. save you from the Lord).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join