It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And The Oil Companies Keep Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

And The Oil Companies Keep Control

www.theglobeandmail.com

At an analyst meeting in New York Wednesday, Exxon chairman Rex Tillerson said the company expects production to begin at 25 projects over the next three years, with the biggest ones coming in the Caspian Sea area, Angola and Qatar.

Those overseas projects will allow the world's most profitable corporation to fully replace reserves, offset production declines in North America, and maintain its dominant status among non-state-owned, international oil companies.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.people.com.cn
www.bloomberg.com
online.wsj .com

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The wolds most profitable company, and I might guess industry is still managing to keep its control. The news story quoted says they have put more money into technology then the other oil companies. I guess with that they have decided to find new oil sources. Yet again alternative fuels are no where on the list of technological research for our beloved energy companies

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Yet again alternative fuels are no where on the list of technological research for our beloved energy companies

Occurs is not, they will keep the alternative energy sources out of the markets and from development to become a danger to them . . .

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Of course oil companies will try to secure their future. Companies are there to make money. Some companies do spend some money trying to work on alternative sources, but you have to face the fact that they are in business to make money, not to go bankrupt.

On the other hand, why isn't that the millionaires from the left don't put together their millions and begin their own alternative source companies?...

For example, the Hollywood crowd, they have money and they could influence people to spend money on companies that are researching into alternative power sources, yet the only thing they do is make millions talking about the oil companies not doing anything, and their govenrments not doing enough, they spend 10% of their earnings in one or two causes, and think that solves everything.

If they really wanted to find alternative sources the "other millionaires" would be really puting their money where their mouth is, yet they don't.

At the end of the day is business as usual for "everybody", except maybe a few here and there....

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Muaddib,
I think you go it about right when you said the governments lets the oil companies get away with doing basically nothing for alternative fuels. But it gets a little worse then that. The oil companies even get some funding in the form of tax dollars to do research on alternative fuels. Then that plays back to what you said, why would the oil companies have any intention to do any real work to find any alternative fuels. Not only is the twenty or thirty some billion not enough, they half to rob the tax paying families who are now paying a substantially larger portion of the meager pittance for the product that they are making the billions on.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
let's no forget that we are also funding a war that are benefiting also corporate American and specifically the big oil companies once they get their hands on the Iraqi oil.

This is corruption at its highest at the expenses of the American hard working tax payer.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Redgolem, perhaps i didn't explain myself well.

What i meant to say is that those people from Hollywood who talk about the government not doing enough, or oil companies not doing anything are getting money just by making public appearances and saying these things, they spend 10% or so of the money they make, for one or two causes, from talking about "Global Warming" and what the governments should be doing to stop it, yet they themselves are not doing anything except make more money. Never mind the fact that you can't stop Climate Change.

Why don't the "other rich people out there" put their moneys together to experiment and implement new technologies?

Everyone is out to make money.

Companies are not going to spend all their money in technologies that have not been proven sucessful 100%, they will continue to spend money on proven technologies because they are there to make money, not to go bankrupt trying new technologies which may or may not work.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well if we all stopped driving are cars or started buying alternative fuel vehicles etc. etc....They might take notice...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotanybob
Well if we all stopped driving are cars or started buying alternative fuel vehicles etc. etc....They might take notice...

Hey then it will be not reason to be in the middle east and many big companies like Haliburton will lose their big contracts.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It is a lot more than just "driving our cars"...

There is not one part of the world's infraestructure that is not dependant on oil and it's byproducts.

Are you willing to die of starvation because farmers cannot harvest food, the food cannot be processed, or transported to your nearest supermarket?...

Are you willing to let the infirm, or those who have a weak heart and are using pace makers, or need pace makers, or anyone in the future who will need one or some other medical equipment made out of plastic, which is made from oil, die?...

If you are not even willing to stop using your computer just to post your opinions in a forum, and you are willng to use your pc, use electricity everyday just to post your opinion in the internet, how willing are you to stop all the infraestructure of the world in which millions of lives depend on to live?...

There are a lot of people that like to talk a lot about things they obviously don't understand....just like you have just proven.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Excuse me??? Why do I get the feeling I'm being attacked??
I'm more then reading and willing to do my part. I've been doing my part everyday for over 10 years now....I totally understand how oil plays apart in everything...What are you waiting for?? Do you think the oil companies are just going to roll over..Or our government is going to put a gun to there heads and tell them to start doing more research in alternative fuels?? Because I got news for you ain't going to happen...So basically that leaves us with nobody but ourselves to try and solve this problem..If everybody just did a little something everyday, whether it be recycling, carpooling, city buses or even just trying to drive less..If everybody just did that, you would be very surprised about how much difference we can make and at how fast the oil companies would take notice..

[edit on 3/8/2007 by gotanybob]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Are you willing to die of starvation because farmers cannot harvest food, the food cannot be processed, or transported to your nearest supermarket?...

To anser your question this video might exsplain how that will happen.
video.google.com...

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Excuse me??? Why do I get the feeling I'm being attacked??
I'm more then reading and willing to do my part. I've been doing my part everyday for over 10 years now....

I wasn't attacking you, but you were showing that you don't understand that "stopping driving our cars is not going to stop our dependence on oil", hence oil companies will continue to look for oil...

What are you waiting for??

What am i waiting for for what?....

You think you are the only one that uses energy efficient appliances? or more efficient and low watt lightbulbs?... as for driving i live in a medium size city...in such cities there is not much coverage of mass transportation systems...and i am not going to move to New York just because "you" want me to start using mass trasnportation systems.....

Do you think the oil companies are just going to roll over..Or our government is going to put a gun to there heads and tell them to start doing more research in alternative fuels??

There is already research being done on alternative power sources, but we can't apply them as fast as some think we should, and much of the research will still take decades for us to advance enough to give us any real use for those power sources.

If everybody just did a little something everyday, whether it be recycling, carpooling, city buses or even just trying to drive less..If everybody just did that, you would be very surprised about how much difference we can make and at how fast the oil companies would take notice..

People have been doing those things for decades now...and we still need oil...

Whether or not you and others want to admit it, you can't change everything overnight. There are cities that do not have mass transportation systems, and unless you are suggesting for everyone to start using horses once again for transportation, we will continue to need oil...

Perhaps this is what some have in mind for the future..

Or you can still use your car but without gas you will need...

new topics

top topics

join