It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why China will be around forever...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The following is just a few thoughts I've had as I watch what's going on in the world:
Putin is using Iran as a pawn in his game to get Russia back to it's communist "superpower" status. I say this because of his unwillingness to really commit to helping us with the war on terror and all of his dealings with Iran. Not to mention his murderous ways to silence anybody who challenges him. He is not a friend of the US. North Korea is just a little lucky something that has happened along the way for him. Iran is his best chance to keep the US and it's allies at bay. He is making money from Iran, while furthering his agenda.
The US is it's own worst enemy. We can't even get together on keeping our country together. Our own government can't secure our borders! What the hell is that?! The political correctness movement is one of our biggest downfalls. (Let's not hurt anyody's feelings.) Thanks to the spineless conservative wimps that can't stand up to the overly liberal fringe left and their overbearing, unnecessary-entitlements-for-the-helpless-to-keep-control-over-the-masses-by-keeping-them-needy mentality. Lets not forget the Civil Liberties Union. We'll sue ourselves right out of our freedom. Nice. (I do love my country, and what it was supposed to stand for, but it's slipping away. That frustrates me.)
With all of this going on, and lots of other stuff I didn't even bring up, China is just sitting back and watching the fun. I mean, how long have they been around? It's not like they're falling by the wayside. Nor are they going out of their way to be overly helpful where it counts.

These are just my thoughts. Wha'doyathink?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
China is a growing global economy, it has been around for over a thousand years. It and russia still hate us. China will not disappear anytime soon. It will be around for atleast a couple hundred years more.
We'll see if the NWO takes it's place or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think Russia is alot more volatile than China. Yes, they've been around a while, but they too can be their own worst enemy. I wonder what things would be like if Ronald Reagan was never President.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjshobbes
I think Russia is alot more volatile than China. Yes, they've been around a while, but they too can be their own worst enemy. I wonder what things would be like if Ronald Reagan was never President.

Russia still would of collapsed. It's corruption and deficit spending pretty much ran it into it's own collapse. The US pride likes to say they destroyed it, and so does the Islamic revolution in Afghanistan, but truth is it destroyed itself.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Lets not forget !! for every 1 American there are 10 Chinese
There are about 1 billion Chinese. 1/6 of the worlds population

[edit on 10-3-2007 by skunkworks82]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charles Lee

Originally posted by bjshobbes

Russia still would of collapsed. It's corruption and deficit spending pretty much ran it into it's own collapse. The US pride likes to say they destroyed it, and so does the Islamic revolution in Afghanistan, but truth is it destroyed itself.

You may be right to a degree. But Reagan's defense spending, as well as the much-feared-by-Russia SDI program, hastened the downfall of the USSR. While Reagan alone is not responsible for the Soviet's downfall, he certainly is among the more-deserving of such credit. Many leaders took part in the policy that defeated communism, from Reagan to Thatcher to Pope John Paul II. Basically every US President from Truman on also did their part.

Who can say for sure how much longer the USSR would have lasted if Reagan weren't elected? I venture to guess that without the confrontational diplomacy, military spending and strong posture of Reagan, the USSR could still be around today. Of course, communism by its nature is eventually doomed to fail- especially without a capitalist-style economy like China is adopting. The bottom line is that we can learn a lot of lessons from Ronald Reagan, mostly that the right thing to do isn't always the most popular thing at the time- and that freedom must be fought for and defended at all costs. Enormously valuable lessons especially in these times. History is far more kind to Reagan than his contemporaries were- especially some of those politicians who are still in power and who praise him today, but in the 80's they fought hard against him and campaigned to voluntarily eliminate our nuclear arsenal and cut our defense spending.

On the other points made... I certainly don't trust Putin either. And to me, the USSR never completely fell. It just split up, with Russia remaining as the new, leaner and meaner version of the USSR. Some say it was all a setup for the US to lower its guard. I'm not sure if I would go that far. But I'm certain that Putin yearns for the days of old, and is doing everything in his power to bring Russia back to its glory days. I think that we need to put our foot down when dealing with him, but we also must do our best to be diplomatic because he does have the ear of some of our enemies. The fact that Russia currently produces the most oil in the world is also worrisome.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You guys are absolutely helping to make my point. Whatever happens with Russia, I believe anyway, China will outlast the majority of all of us. Russia will be around for a long time, but I think they too are subject to their own demons from within. China has outlasted many. They seen'em come and go. I think they're only going to get stronger. They're in it for the long haul.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

China is a growing global economy, it has been around for over a thousand years.

Technically it has been around for over a thousand years, but dude... the first dynasty was established over 4,000 years ago, that's well over a thousand.

There's nothing wrong with a strong China anyway, IMO.

new topics

top topics

join