It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little boy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
hmmm

I would explain him like this:

" hmmm difficult question, my son. Imagine this now: you have a toy gun, I bought it to you. But I also told you NOT to hurt other kids with it, or you will be grounded. You go out and hurt another boy, he is crying, suffering. Now, is it my fault he is hurt, did I let that happen, or was it your choice? I gave you the gun, just like God gave us life, but I gave you responsibility for it too AND I told you what will happen if you disobey. Still you were stupid enough to do it anyway and now you will be punished for it. Those people starving in africa are suffering because somebody else made the wrong choice. This person will be punished by God in the afterlife, where God reigns. Those who suffer here, will not suffer there anymore."

That would be my explanation.

As for the weather.... blame republicans

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Tell him that the guy the rainbow wig in every sporting event holding a John 3:16 sign is responsible. God does not like this man and punishes us for his sins.

John 3:16
���

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I would say
"Well I don't believe that 'god' exists because if he did then he would have known right before he created anything what would have happened and so WANTED people to suffer in the way they do, and I personally would trather NOT believe in a god like that."

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would say
"Well I don't believe that 'god' exists because if he did then he would have known right before he created anything what would have happened and so WANTED people to suffer in the way they do, and I personally would trather NOT believe in a god like that."

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Dany,
That was my exact point in a previous thread.

Tell the child the truth. Dont lie to yourself and then lie to the child. Tell him,

"Son, I am not sure if there even is a god. I choose to believe in him but do see the point you are making. Why would a loving god that controls everything allow this to happen? It makes no sense. But I still choose to believe in a god. Your point is valid and you are intelligent for asking. Find your own answers in life. Dont just believe in god because other people do. Dont just listen to people preach about a god they obviosly know nothing about. Dont believe everything someone tells you...especially if they tell you not to question it. Dont just regurgitate word for word what you are told until you are sure of it. Question everything, just like you are doing now. If god is real, he will understand."

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would tell him bad things happen because of god.When people stop thinking and taking care of themselves bad things happen to them.Lets take the famine stricken villagers for instance.Sitting around starving while praying for an invisible man to save them isnt going to help alot.Now if they tried learning something instead they would be better off.Of course,the more you learn the less of a need for god you will have.Then i would take him to a bookstore and buy him a book.That would probably be the greatest day in his life,for a change he is not being lied to and he has a new book.Maybe when he grows up we could burn bibles together.(;

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Tell him that God doesn't exist and everything he perceives is a figment of his imagination!

There ya go, get the kid started on the road to Hell early!

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The God that our culture follows
allows 'death' as a 'mercy', [ as opposed to the prolonged torture of starvation.]

re. natural disasters

Satan, the devil, is the power of the air (bio-sphere)
even Jesus acknowledged this during the 'temptation in the desert'...

simplistic & mythical you say??

~1~in~3~!!.....oh, that clears it up !!...??!!?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
The God that our culture follows
allows 'death' as a 'mercy', [ as opposed to the prolonged torture of starvation.]

re. natural disasters

Satan, the devil, is the power of the air (bio-sphere)
even Jesus acknowledged this during the 'temptation in the desert'...

simplistic & mythical you say??

~1~in~3~!!.....oh, that clears it up !!...??!!?

Could you rephrase this, including a quote from scripture where it refers to Satan as the power of the air? And what did the ~1~in~3~!! etc... mean?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Tell him that God doesn't exist and everything he perceives is a figment of his imagination!

There you go....what a way to influence the young minds of tommorrow.

I guess that's how the Hitlers and Osama's are created
through advice like this. And people want to know why we live in a tyrant stricken world.

Hitler was Xtian and Osama a Muslim ...good arguement for agnostics atheists and buddists .

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Respect the parent's religous beliefs and don't change that kids opinion if he's a little boy. Kids grow up and learn the truth, so you should answer him like paperclip I think. Kids need to be protected from things and form their own views. It's a good question but a young child's mind probably couldn't comprehend the answer fully. Let the kid have some faith, because that's what God's all about. Don't destroy it in his mind.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
hmmm

I would explain him like this:

" hmmm difficult question, my son. Imagine this now: you have a toy gun, I bought it to you. But I also told you NOT to hurt other kids with it, or you will be grounded. You go out and hurt another boy, he is crying, suffering. Now, is it my fault he is hurt, did I let that happen, or was it your choice? I gave you the gun, just like God gave us life, but I gave you responsibility for it too AND I told you what will happen if you disobey. Still you were stupid enough to do it anyway and now you will be punished for it. Those people starving in africa are suffering because somebody else made the wrong choice. This person will be punished by God in the afterlife, where God reigns. Those who suffer here, will not suffer there anymore."

That would be my explanation.

As for the weather.... blame republicans

Very good answer.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Tell him that sometimes God has to show us whos boss by tortuing and killing a whole bunch of innocent men women and children, you know like when the king in egypt was going to let the jews go but god stopped him so he could kill all the first borns.

Just remember......

He loves you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join