It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This A UFO During The Lunar Eclipse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
While searching for UFO news I came across this story and video. I thought I would share it. In my opinion its nothing much..... but I guess it is something for us all to look at:

Video:
www2.burnleytoday.co.uk... 3716.3K

Short Article:
www.pendletoday.co.uk...

What do you think of the video captured by Burnley resident Mr Leslie Williams, who had his camcorder trained on the sky to record last Saturday's lunar eclipse.

The retired businessman (55) was recording the moon in preparation for the eclipse when a flying object shot across its face, complete with a double jet stream.

The video records the object, which is shaped like a jet, shooting quickly upwards and is clearly seen on the video footage.

The father-of-four said: "I was with my son Paul in the front garden of my house looking east towards the moon before the eclipse. It was about 9-15 p.m. when suddenly this object shot across the face of the moon. At first it happened too quickly to see what was going on, but when I looked at the footage on the computer it is very clearly a flying object. I am not particularly interested in UFOs but this is very exciting."

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Oh and here is a small screenshot from another source:

editorial.jpress.co.uk...

A jet of some sort IMO.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's a jet - you can see that from the contrails. Just because there is no sound doesn't mean anything - the distance of the object could have been far out - and sound dissipates.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think it was a jet also..Seemed like it was moving along pretty fast too.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
He even says it on the tape - "Paul, I just saw a jet fly in front of the moon."

No UFO, just a jet - and given how far he's zoomed in even at a gentle cruise the jet would go across the frame like that (it doesn't even seem like it's going that fast tbh)

Anyone fancy a guess at which aircraft?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Stoo]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Excellent. The same thing happened to me, and, had I hit the record button just a few seconds sooner I would have had a great pic. It’s like the one that got away.

I was sat up on a hill on the South Downs in surrey one night stoned with my camera pointed up at the moon. I was there because the moon had been particularly large in the sky that night and had a orangey colour to it, I thought it would make a good photo, also I was bored and had nothing better to do.

I have a camcorder you can take stills with using the computer im no enthusiast.

Anyhow, as a sat there in the darkness amongst the cows who had wondered over, I suddenly became aware that this plane was going to cross the moon. I reached for the red button and in the seconds it took to start recording the plane had gone.

I saw the jumbo jet pass across the moon, it would have made a great picture as you could see the light of the moon passing through the windows of the plane.

In the picture below you can just make out the back end of the plane. Gutted.

Oh well no UFO here, good video though.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I saw an excellent picture of the moon with an aircraft crossing the picture whilst looking for astrophotography pictures the other day.. Lemme see if I can locate it again

Oh and my first guess for the aircraft type would be a Tornado, but something doesn't quite sit right with the fuselage/wing configuration from what I can make out on the video?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That would have been a cool image Kode, if it were just slightly sooner.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Looks like a jet to me. But that goes to show that you never know what may fly by on your video. That was a cool video though. I thought it would be cool if we all set up a camcorder on a cetain night at a certain time on a tripod and point them at all different directions in the night sky. Then just let the camcorder record all night long until it runs out and see if anyone catches anything on them. You could catch the space station or jets, planes and quite possably a flying saucer. Just a thought but I'm ready if you all are.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Definitely looked like a plane to me. But what a coincidence that it flew by while recording.

Last time I heard, alien craft werent using something as primitive as jet fuel for their propulsion, but maybe...

I wonder if there is some correlation between eclipses and UFO sightings. I remember when John Paul II died, there was a UFO sighting during his burial service, which was in turn during an eclipse.

I wish I could have seen the eclipse firsthand.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A jet. With vapor trails. The little exercise in 'transformation' was merely the camera movement causing blur (the moon itself simultaneously goes out of focus momentarily at the exact same sequence).

Nice clip of a regular, human-powered airplane bisecting the lunar disc however... Quite artistic and thought-provoking. But a UFO it is not.

Just my opinion as a pilot, of course... Folks will see what they want to see, I guess...

Thanks for posting the video, Dulcie! Keep looking up!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
That would have been a cool image Kode, if it were just slightly sooner.

Indeed

I had the cows to comfort me though

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
747 me thinks great pic tho !!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
definitely not a 747, by it's profile it looks to be some type of fighter jet, possibly an f-15. if you watch it closely you can tell by the front nose cone and the back that it's not a commercial jet, but military in design. so my final opinion on it is probably an f-15 doing night manouvers (spelling), but it's definitely military and not 747.

edit to add: forgot to mention the trails! they are duel trails,fairly close together, further pointing to small military jet like f-15 doing night maneuvers.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by optimus primal]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Oh and here is a small screenshot from another source:

editorial.jpress.co.uk...

A jet of some sort IMO.

As you can see from this unique footage, it is mealy an unmanned wotsit using REAL lasers to shoot 'something' that was going to interfere with the moon, there by prevent a much needed, and expected lunar eclipse.

This just goes to show what a safe world you actually live in. No need to worry about anything - in fact, tommorow buy your self something nice.

Sweet dreams. Citizens.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That's what they call an airplane.

www.airliners.net...

www.airliners.net...

I have got no idea why anyone would call that a UFO.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is a prefect example of why the UFO field has gone to crap. No one seems to have the ability or common sense to look at an obvious image and make the correct conclusion.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
that crazy as hell the goverment will lose more money from so many of them damn planes gettin shot down true enough that will keep our pilot out of danager but cant konw mother#er flying it like he playing a game avoid gettin shot down i dont care how many hours he /she has played war games

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
This is a prefect example of why the UFO field has gone to crap. No one seems to have the ability or common sense to look at an obvious image and make the correct conclusion.

I don't know how to take your statement.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

I don't know how to take your statement.

Sorry, my comments were not directed at you in any way. You even said that it is probably a jet of some sort. I have just seen this picture starting to spread across the internet (not just here at ATS) where posters are trying to make it into something larger than what it is (they want people to believe this is an alien controled craft) which is stupid IMO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join