It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What's new?

You hate us, then complain when we are not "Johnny on the spot" to your trespassing complaint.

You hate us, then call us to come help you.

Even though you hate us, we will always come and we come prepared to lay our lives down to save yours.

While you are running from the street brawl, we are running to it. Yet you hate us.

You say we should be out arresting crack dealers instead of giving you a ticket. Even though vastly more people are killed on the highways each year by speeders.

You say we are picking on you when we stop you and search your car, even though we find dope. So I guess we are picking on you.

Of course we are racial profiling when we stop middle eastern looking men prior to boarding aircraft. Maybe that is because the VAST majority of terrorists are middle eastern males.

You have a bad experience with one police officer and all of a sudden the entire 700K police officers in the country are corrupt, they are all racist and out to get you. Give it a rest will you. What are YOU doing for your country, your community, your fellow man?

Maybe you should consider this. At the end of the day I am going home to my wife. I will not even remember you name then. Not if I arrested you, ticketed you or saved your butt. Yet, you hate me and call me a pig, criminal, dirty and more graphic names on a regular basis. Still I will get dressed in the middle of the night to come save your stupid butt when you get your self in a situation you can't control.

You don't see the number of times I step out and stop the car that was going to hit the little girl. The times I go into a domestic and arrest the man that was going to kill his wife. The times I kick a door in and take the pistol away from the 14 year old that was going to commit suicide.

All you care about is your one little incident in which you branded all police officers your enemy. (At least until you need us)

A favorite comment I have heard a hundred times; Well they arrested my son/daughter because he/she is black. Even though there were white people there doing the same thing.
(BS!!! There is ALWAYS more to that story) (Remember, NO department is immune from civil liability, and if this was true, they would be sued, yet strangely they don't) hmmmmmmm

Maybe you should take a look at your emotions and evaluate these men and women that are ready EACH AND EVERY day to die so that you can live.

And again ask yourself....

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR YOUR COUNTRY, YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR FELLOW MAN

Semper

[edit on 3/7/2007 by semperfortis]

[edit on 3/7/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You have my support.. I have never had a bad taste for the fine job that most of you do.. Keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Good Rant man, I didnt know you were a cop, cool

Sorry, but I don't hate cops. I have had my run ins with the law before. usualy because I was doing something I shouldnt have
kinda funny how that works, you break the law and police come and talk to you about it.

Overall though I have a lot of respect for law inforcement officers. When I was younger my best friend's dad was a county sheriff. Pretty cool guy overall. I lived in a small town and even one of the city cops I went to high school with.

They all knew me by name. (mostly for good things) and if it was cold and snowy out they would often pick me up and give me a lift if I was walking.

Now I live in Florida and I don't know any of the local police officers I havent been pulled over (most likely cause my car couldnt speed if it fell down a cliff) and I don't Drink and Drive. I have had no problems with the law inforcement here in Florida. Although I miss the guys back home.

Well as you go through your day/night whatever just remember there is at least one person out there that actualy respects what police officers do for a living

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Don't include me there Buddy. You and your brothers/sisters have my respect.
I don't have the cajones to do what you do.

Aside from 1 speeding ticket back about 20 years ago, I've never really had any run-ins with the law. Oh and by the way I deserved that ticket BIG time!

Keep up the good work, and stay safe out there Brother,
lombozo

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OUTSTANDING guys....

Of course this was not directed at you all.....

The more of you I have out there, the safer I am my friends....

The ones this applies to, know who and what they are....

Semper

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I dont hate cops. Almost every encounter Ive had with a cop has been positive. Im sure they have bad days and good days like anyone else.

Ill tell you what I do hate though. I hate that I cant take care of things myself. I hate that I cant be certified for open carry and restraint without already being hired by a PD and attending the academy in preperation for my job with that PD.

Im not about to leave my job for a high stress, low pay gig like full time policing but why cant I stop kids I see dealing drugs on my way home? Why cant I put a stop to vandals I see or disturbances in the middle of the night? Why, God forbid, if I shoot an intruder in my home di I have to go through endless scrutiny and the threat of lawsuits for protecting myself?

I hate that when you guys arent around, I know youre busy as hell nost of time, I cant do anything to protect myself, my family and my neighborhood. At least not anything greater than calling you guys and waiting. Just sit and wait while the crime is comitted and the criminals run.

Why isnt there a citizens police? Why cant I offer up my own tuition and get into the academy? Why isnt peace officer training and certification available for anyone who wants it?

Largely we the citizens are at the mercy of the police. The police may be honest they may be corrupt. They may be doing their best. They may be doing nothing. All the while any citizen who does take action is treated like a criminal by the police force that if it was doing its job in the first should be protecting that citizen.

Thats what I hate.

BTW I watch COPS every Saturday. Its funny to watch you guys chase down drunk rednecks and schizos on meth. Not something I want to do full-time but if theres one on my street Id like the option to safely restrain him while I play the waiting game for you guys.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I can truelly respect your rant, when I was a teen and in my early 20s I was part of the hippie crowd in my community if you will, and anyone that I encountered that had a hate on for the law enforcment always had something to actually hide... most often these individuals sayed that we shouldnt have police... yeah right, I could only imagine..

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
thisguy,

In numerous states there are programs for just such things....

Here is SC we have the State Constable Program, and the Reserve Officer Program... Both are somewhat restrictive, but along the lines of what your talking about...

Semper

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
thisguy,

In numerous states there are programs for just such things....

Here is SC we have the State Constable Program, and the Reserve Officer Program... Both are somewhat restrictive, but along the lines of what your talking about...

Semper

Well, here in CT we cant do anything.
Im glad some states alow for such a thing.
But here I get assault and unlawful retraint for holding a crack-head. God forbid I move him down the street. Thats kidnapping.

Ill research this SCP and continue to harass my local and state governments to get a little liberty here.

Its very frustrating to say the least.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think you're a little over sensitive (and prolly rightly so) about this Semp. I think the vast majority of citizens certainly supports law enforcement.

I think, however, that you are stuck with mostly anti-social, anti-standards type of people. These are the folks your job forces you to encounter. Then all your police friends also have to deal with these types and get into the same "unappreciated" rythm. It's always the same scum bags. It's always the same shouts from the same bystanders and they are always upset about the same standards that civilization "forces" on them.

Look around and see all the folks that don't like standards for behavior and though I think a small group from where I lead my life, that group seems bigger the closer you get to it.

I'd just like to add my respect and thanks to you and yours for your dedication to such a difficult set of circumstances...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
One question for you COP

Do you think for yourself, or do you just follow your orders?

My gripe with most not all cops is that they themselves are very uneducated.
(and I don’t mean school education, I mean general wherewithal of where they fit into this world and the role they act out)

Most of the cops I know or have met are very close minded control and power freaks that love nothing more than commanding orders and frothing at the mouth if you don’t comply. Not so much in the cities Chicago cops are great at least the honorable ones, but ive also seen a plainclothes CPD drag some guy out behind a bar i used to work at and hold his service revolver to his head because the grabbed his gf's ass.

All im saying is that people who blindly follow orders without knowledge or thought on there own part, do not deserve to be able to point a gun at me.

Would you have taken part in the GUN GRAB IN NO after Katrina, cuz man if I was there and I legally owned my guns and had them properly permitted NOBODY WOULD TAKE THEM FROM ME PERIOD!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sounds like you had a bad day semper.

Personally I don't hate cops. I did have one that was on my case constantly for years, about just about everything. That would be Dad though.

I LOVE cops, they keep my employed, seeing as I work at the largest correctional facility in Canada.

That's what I'm doing.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't hate ALL cops.

I hate some I will admit.

I refer to them as Jonny Bravos.

Lets see, one day while I was at high school, a officer pulled me and my friends out of class. 3 officers intarrogated us, threatend to have us expelled, call parents, began to explain prison life to us, tell us we would go to jail for a long long time if we didnt "confess" to the crime. The crime? Apparently "vandalizing a car" because for a friends birthday we played a prank by taping tampons on his car (inside joke, don't ask) .... we admitted.. we laughed.. cop got mad and proceded to finger print us and threaten us further.. about that time one of my friends got mad and stormed out of the office "SRO" and got the friend we vandalized. He didn't know what we did yet, so he was confused which made the whole thing even worse.. so the cop took him to his car.. he cried laughing.. made the cop more mad.. eventually a friends dad (lawyer) who actually happend to be the friend whos car was
"vandalized" came and cussed the jerk out and they let us go. I should also point out it was scotch tape on the windows and antena.
Funny now, but every time I saw the cop we would stare eachother down. Stupid prick.

My fiance had once had her car searched because she had red bull cans in the car.. she was originally pulled over for having a headlight out..

Iv been pulled over 8 times now since turning 16. I deserved the tickets I got, most of the time the cops where nice and let me go. One cop who had 1 tooth and reminded me of Cletis off of the Simpsons accused me of "runnin on him" because I was nice enough to pull onto an on ramp instead of jeperdizing HIS safety by stopping on the busy highway in an area where alot of accidents occur.

Those are my ONLY bad experiences with cops.. other then that I love yall, but some times you get over zealous cops who think they run the world, and they give you guys a bad rep. There is a line between authority and excessiveness. I work with cops EVERY DAY, I know them all by name and they are all good guys, except ONE.. hes a jerk.. just is.. I don't think he can help it, and I don't think the fire department likes him either, nor the EMS because he tries to take over the scenes (I work at a retirement home and I assist EMS workers and emergency crews daily because nurses and doctors are incompetent) theres always that one bad apple though, what can you do eh? I also know several cops and fire fighters from my Lodge, great guys.

The people that have a problem with cops in general either break the law to often, or are ignorant children who do not comprehend maturity.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think "hate" is the wrong word here.......

It's "mistrust"

It comes from incidents of:

State trooper arrested for soliciting a Minor for sex Link

cop arrested for murder link

cop arrested on drug charges link

cop arrested for pot link

cop arrested for domestic assault link

cop arrested for DUI link

cop arrested for arson link

See my point ? It is not hate...but mistrust we have of the police. Why should a off-duty cop get off for speeding by the cop pulling him over as a act of "professional courtesy" when I do not ??

It is mistrust..pure and simple.

If someone REALLY wants to be a help to the community........be a Fireman or a Paramedic.......to be a cop means you want to exert authority over someone....try politics if thats what you want.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
I think "hate" is the wrong word here.......

It's "mistrust"

It comes from incidents of:

State trooper arrested for soliciting a Minor for sex Link

cop arrested for murder link

cop arrested on drug charges link

cop arrested for pot link

cop arrested for domestic assault link

cop arrested for DUI link

cop arrested for arson link

See my point ? It is not hate...but mistrust we have of the police. Why should a off-duty cop get off for speeding by the cop pulling him over as a act of "professional courtesy" when I do not ??

It is mistrust..pure and simple.

If someone REALLY wants to be a help to the community........be a Fireman or a Paramedic.......to be a cop means you want to exert authority over someone....try politics if thats what you want.

You do know that cops are just people like you and me. Anyone can get busted doing these things. Why would I look at a cops and think "cops busted for drugs" but not look at my mailman and think that? Or even my physician? The guy at the video store?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
You do know that cops are just people like you and me. Anyone can get busted doing these things. Why would I look at a cops and think "cops busted for drugs" but not look at my mailman and think that? Or even my physician? The guy at the video store?

Of course I know that......I was just showing the OP that

A: they are NO different than US

B: hate is the wrong term......it is mistrust

I know good cops and very bad cops.......One of my freinds who was a cop quit due to him seeing excessive force used too much by other cops.

While I applaud the job they have taken unto themselves to do....I do keep a sceptical eye open when dealing with them so as to not get screwed by them.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't "hate" cops. I do know that all of the police that I've encountered, save for 2, have threatened me, called me 'n-word', beat me, or illegally searched me. Maybe because I "fit the description"

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I don't "hate" cops. I do know that all of the police that I've encountered, save for 2, have threatened me, called me 'n-word', beat me, or illegally searched me. Maybe because I "fit the description"

I bet.
You didn't happen to do anything to result in being beaten or searched either huh?

Why is it blacks by far more then any other race cry race when they get arrested?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes as a matter of fact I did. Walking home at 1am through an affluent neighborhood.

And the reason that blacks cry race when their beaten by police is because blacks are more likely to be beaten by racist police. Simple logic my friend, learn it, live it, love it.

FYI, I was never arrested in these incidents. Funny, if I was a criminal, and the police were justified, you'd think I'd be charged wouldn't you.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
To deny that there are bad apples in the corps makes you as bad as these bad apples, because that way what they do goes unpunished or the punishment they do get isn't an example for potential future bad apples.

My department, primarily because of the subject matter we handle and secondly because of me, has 0 tolerance for bad apples.

Instead of being pissed at the people who have had bad experiences with the corps because of these bad apples, be angry at the bad apples, put the blame on the right people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join