It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATS and the UFO community

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think that everything is related, Aliens, UFOs, science, religion, spirits, etc. etc. the problem is finding the link between them.

We live in a very interesting universe, a universe which has a lot of secrets yet to be uncovered, the more we discover, the better our understanding.

I think we are being taken advantage by others who seek to use us for various reason. Being primitive but intelligent, we make good raw materials for some galactic scheme. While they appear interested in our bodies, I suspect it is something more than just our physical body.

Don't dismiss everything you see or hear as a hoax immediately. There are many unusual things that are connected to one another in someway or another, that may make you back track. (see Man in Black, reading the tabloids news paper for information....whahahaaaa.
)

It is up to our logic, intellience, imagination, experiences, questioning etc. to uncover the truth, if there are any to be found.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I;ve read every post in this thread and I have to say that a couple folks here "get it". The reality of the situation is EVERYONE is free to share their experiences here on ATS within the limits of the T.A.C.

As some have said, if we start limiting what gets posted or what stays up on the site we become the judge and jury of other people's reality and I am not willing to take that burden on. Not only am I unwilling, I am not qualified to tell another person what they did or did not see or experience.

We do our best to "out" the hoaxers (just look through the back pages of the forum) we recently banned one person for hoaxing and labeled his threads with *HOAX* in the title. That guy is still trying to "sell" his bollocks via the anonymous posting board and pleading emails to us.

When you get to personal experiences rather than faked videos and images, you enter a realm that noone can declare a "hoax" unless the person sharing the experience provides faked evidence to "back his story up".

The phrase "Critical Thinking" is what's required around here, when you read someone's post simply decide for yourself if it makes sense to you or not.

We have to accept the fact that we will most likely go through 99 plain stones to get the one precious gem.

Reply envy is a Digital Ego issue, the fact that people get a kick out of good yarn is nothing new and it's not going to change. I simply dont understand people get upset because a thread they think is bunk gets hundreds of replies and thousands of views.

WHO CARES?

Obviously your fellow members are ENJOYING the thread or they wouldn't be constantly viewing and replying to it. It comes back to the "judge and jury" thing again. We are not in the business of limiting information, actually we do the opposite...

Springer...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
I don't understand why someone would be so insulting about Williams concerns... especially a long time user/poster like YOU

I'm guessing jbondo is a frequent participant in the threads that Williams described.. I may be wrong.

I also tend to think that this forum, mainly, are crowded with people that has 2 different agendas; just like ufology in general. One group are genuinly looking for answers. It doesnt really matter if they call themselves skeptics, or believers.

The other group is here for the entertainment factor. They simply want to be entertained. Sure, theres no harm in wanting to be entertained, but it becomes a problem when people cannot distinguish fiction from reality. That is also is the reason why this subject is easy to ridicule, wich is unfortunate.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalThinker
I'm guessing jbondo is a frequent participant in the threads that Williams described.. I may be wrong.

Guessing is just what you are doing. Maybe you should look up my posts. In fact I recommend that all those that disagree with me or think I'm so nasty should read some of those many posts. I've been an upstanding member here since I signed up. Never been reprimanded or warned and have been awarded points on several occasions. You will find me to be open minded and level headed on most every subject. However, don't take my word for it; please by all means look me up. Should you decide you would rather assume as to what I’m all about, well, that’s your prerogative and you may post as much. Because as Springer said in so many words, you have that right as long as you follow the rules.

By the way, if you look above my first post you will see where the OP posted and then posted again right under his own post. This to me is double posting and it is also what alleged attention seekers do to keep their threads going which is one of his complaints.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I believe when it comes to telling your story it's up to the listener to decide if your truthful.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There are times that double posting happens to everyone eventually. If you are viewing something out your window so to say you might watch then right then watch some more and see something interesting then write some more so on and so forth for awhile. I don't think it means the person is seeking attention they are just giving up front viewings.

Of course there have been times I have double posted as you say because I wanted to say something and I had forgotten to mention it in the previous post. Sometimes it doesn't occur to me to go back and edit my last post to add.

I think we should all be considerate that these things happen and have it in us to overlook.I do have some things I want to say here and I hope you don't take them in a manner I do not mean them.

I would like to answer some of the points quackmaster wrote about and try to explain some of the things I do know.

Quack you can't take it that a sighting or experience is fake because people do not have proof to give or show you. You would have to have these happenings occur to you to fully understand what I mean.

Back in my day people didn't talk about this and if it happened to you when you were a child it was just a part of your life. It never occurred to me to talk or tell anyone back then but of course we were a little more naive then the kids today. We also didn't have all the goodies the kids of this generation have.

As a camera you could ask many on this site yourself and will find that either things occur so fast sometimes even if you had a camera you wouldn't get it. Sometimes when a sighting happens you are so involved in observing you don't even think to get a camera and get a picture. Sometimes it is to far and you can't catch it on camera anyway.

UFO sightings and experiences are something that each and everyone needs to experience to fully understand what people here are trying to talk to you about.

Quack it is also much easier to talk to people on the computer then family and friends because you can express your true self then shut down the computer you can't do that after you tell your family and frriends unique happenings.

This thread has been nice because so far no one has belittled another family ATS member.

I would like to know exactly what was seen by this man and his sister 16 years ago. What is interesting is the fact that when you see something unusual or experience something unusual it is with you the rest of your life.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It sure is observe. No matter how much you don't talk about it or people may not believe you, you cannot get away from it. At least one of my sightings was witnessed by a friend and that was after I had seen it allready on an earlier day!.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i think this thread has accomplished what the OP wanted, and springer's post has aptly described the atmosphere and rules here. perhaps this thread should be closed now. further criticizing other members and posting styles wont get anyone anywhere. Thanks OP for giving your views
and enjoy your stay here, i know i have. just remember take everything with a grain of salt and you'll still be able to enjoy all the forums.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I do understand what is going on. I can sift out the "riffraff". It's just like when we go to ATs, looking for the rated R movie, we see Seasame Street as the main feature. It's frustrating to most of us and probably wont change. Thanks for all your views.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Firefly theory/hypothesis: very good idea - as I have never thought that it could be a fire fly - great input! (I would laugh my butt off if all of us were so silly to watch a firefly for 5 minutes LOL - seriously, good call).

From the more detailed description, I think we can rule out a firefly. They don't maintain stationary position for minutes at a time in the air, and they wouldn't be very noticeably half a mile or more away. I've also never seen one in late fall even here in the mid Atlantic.

Taken at face value, this is a very strange nocturnal light and a real anomaly. If I were you, I'd try to get the other witnesses to document independently what they saw.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I agree with you in crappy responses....But....what do you expect from a web forum? your going to get nothing but # from these folks.
what do you expect?

[edit on 8-3-2007 by jetflock]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the response Observe, I agree perhaps my comments were a little simplistic. The point I was trying to make is there is a combination of points that appear in many hoax threads.

In comment on Springers thoughts, you're right on the judge/jury point - I think people would flok away as quickly as they have flocked here. I was toying with the idea of some sort of thread voting system... not sure of the mechanics - not my area, perhaps flagging will go some way to high lighting posts of interest, but perhaps the reverse is required as well.

Either way - it's a new year and one closer to the last year we will ever see, so lets all smile a bit more while we still can.

Cheers,

Q.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We do have to enjoy this place called Earth cause it's all we have for the time being. People need to stop feeling sorry for themselves we all need to help those in need by pulling them up out of the pit and asking them to help us create a planet we were meant to have.

We need to take a step back and look before we take a step forward. We need to get rid of the Governments the way they are (the greed of man) and have Leaders that are making all humans equal. The money system has to go no need for it.

Long ago I was told that we are evolving to slowly and I do not see us achieving what these beings are waiting for. There is still to much badness here and we as a people have not woken up enough to stop it as a whole.

We need to work together for each other as a whole on this planet. We have to stop working as slaves to the wealthy. We have to create the life we as a people want to live and it should be an Earth with no boundries. Each should be able to serve there belief in there God the way they feel they need to with love not war.

I have written before and I will write again now that Earth has everything on her to heal her and to heal us. If we don't start to plant trees in masses to clear the CO2 problem nothing else matters. We need to put forth these othere technologies and forget the fossil fuels that only make the elite rich. We have a lot of work to do to clean up the mess we have made here and the clock is ticking.

Earth could be the Garden of Eden and isn't this what we really want. I know I want to look at beautiful lands eat safe food drink clear safe water breathe air crisp and clear. We can do this the question is will we????

As I see it we are doing everything wrong however, some have woken and are trying.... they need us to help stop this madness and start saving this planet.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Here we go again. Rik Riley and his Viking mission proof of life on mars. he says with proper permission he will release this information. The greatest discovery of mankind and he needs permission to release this proof on this website? Please.

Everyone Ignore Rik Riley! Don't waste your time with it's nonsense

top topics

<< 1   >>

join