It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any thoughts on this photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This photo was taken at a summer airshow. Photo was taken with an olympus digital 5mp camera. At the time I did not notice anything other then the plane. When I got home an downloaded the photo's to my pc is when I noticed this "object". Not sure if it matters but this was a military airshow. There were several military jets an helicoptors on display (both static and arial displays.) Any thoughts would be helpful. I'll answer any questions you may have.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You state the photo was taken with an Olympus camera.

The EXIF data says nikon e4100. What's up with that.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry my man. My mistake on what camera it was. When I was posting this I was trying to think what camera it was an for whatever reason I was thinking it was an olympus. I had two cameras with me that day. Half way thru the day one of the batteries died on one of them. Sorry for the mistake.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That's cool. Know about the battery death deal.

There are some folk's around here that are pretty good at figuring things out. I suspect something flew through the field of view near the camera. Maybe a bug or bird. Given the shutter speed and the blur, I would think it was near the camera.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It does look like a shutter speed vs focus discrepancy of a bird of maybe a bug, like RG said. I've taken photos, excellent photos of nature stills before and had to trash them because of nature taking a dump on my pics.

But, ya never know - maybe JRitzman might look at it and see if his crack staff of godlike photo analysts HERE might make some professional sense of it. He has his own photo analysis section here on the ATS side of the side. Good luck and if you find out anything new let us know....

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
nice but i have no idea what that is lol might be a ufo but i have no idea who knows maby a blurred bird ?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Who knows what it is. I was just elated to find an interesting little surprise on the photos.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Who knows what it is. I was just elated to find an interesting little surprise on the photos.

Yeah, I've had my heart stop a couple of times only to find out that I am simply not breathing. If this isnt one that can stand up to determined scrutiny doent mean we should just pack it up and forget about it. I plan on staying on this stuff for quite some time.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Have at it! I'm interested in anything anyone can say about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

When I first saw this picture it reminded of the famoud David Anderson photos from Modesto, CA. Just not as colorful.

ufos.about.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I can't really tell.

The image in question isn't as clear and crisp as the airplane. So maybe this object was moving very quickly and blurred, or least too fast to get a clear shot of it at your shutter speed setting.

It do see what looks like a shadow on the underside, which seems about right compared to the shadows on the airplane.

It sort of has a disk shape, except for those points that are sticking out.

Troy

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ufo picture taken at airshow??

A previous thread with some discussion and close-up of the object.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I did post here a long time ago under that nic. I lost the info for that account and was too lazy to look for it. My apologies. I didn't remember posting this already. Thank you. Guess we can close this.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's called a "blird."

Most of these mysterious objects are never seen by the photographer when the photo was originally taken because they are so common that they are ignored until they show up as a blurry blotch on the picture.

Rumor has it that they are genetically decended from dinosaurs.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
hmmmmmmmmm....

lied about the camera AND forgot you already posted on ATS under another name.

I smell fish.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Smudge....moth...insect....could be anything

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Ufo picture taken at airshow??

A previous thread with some discussion and close-up of the object.

is there anyway at all to clear this photo up?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
At the Chicago air-water show there was a yellowish blimp that hovered much higher than the planes were flying to provide a different camera angle for television. To me it looks like the photographer's camera focused on the plane and a blimp just happened to be in the out-of-focus distant background when the picture was snapped. Could be that larger air and water shows all utilize the same blimp for coverage enhancement.
-CWM

new topics

top topics

join