It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a site which is loading our podcasts on their site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They are loading our podcasts on their site and I saw the most recent podcasts done by ATS on their. The site is podcastnews I think that is what it is called and they are putting up ATS podcasts. I found that through a search engine. Is what they are doing legal?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Got a link?

I'd sure like to have at least been informed that my podcasts are listed elsewhere, if indeed they are.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I looked for it on google the site has the words "pickle" in it from what I remembered actually not podcast news that's another site. But it's still odd.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
uhhhh.there are alot of sites that host ats podcasts. I know for a fact odeo.com has them and like podcast pickle i think. i dunno. its easy for me all i have to do is look up Toraylin and podcast and any site thats hosting us should pop up. hehe anyways hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is interesting -

www.podcastpickle.com...

Not sure about this. I know I didn't post my PODcasts on this site. I'll need to do a little looking before jumping to conclusions. It could just be a sort of a yellow pages of PODCasts. I do see ATS Created Images on the site, so it might be something set up by the Three Amigos or some Mods or something.

EDIT:
OK, poked around some more and seems like SO is hosting the Skeptic Overview there so there is some linking going on. It's not bothering me though, I kind of like the extra exposure - at least until I'm rich and famous

[edit on 3/6/2007 by DCFusion]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I guess, it's stated in the creative commons agreement that as long as the poster, and abovetopsecret.com are credited, they can be used.

No biggie.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
interesting find. Hmm I don't know if I should be bothered by this or not. on the one side I freely put my podcasts up on ATS and PodOMatic to be listened to by anyone.

On the other hand I realy suck at being funny, hmmm torn what to do what to do.

I supose that sense they arn't charging to listen to my podcasts then I realy don't care. It's extra exposure, and I don't mind that others may be able to listen to my show. Perhaps a real radio will pick it up and give me a call someday

[edit on 6-3-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I might be wrong, but I think that whatever you post here at ATS, is no longer solely your property. It can be used as seen fit by the admin.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There are lots of podcast aggregating sites and services out there. As long as they don't "feed hijack" (which is creating new RSS feeds off our content) and use our feeds, all is well.

We like to collaborate and play nicely with people who collaborate in-kind.

And no, that's not true about your content. What you post here is yours... but you allow us (ATS) non-exclusive rights to use it.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is the link that uses our podcasts. I found using searching for my username on google.

www.podcastpickle.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You know, after a quick search, and going by the ammount of comments my podcasts have drawn, I don't think I have anything to worry about.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
COMMENTS!!!,,COMMENTS!!

Darn,Implosion gettin all the comments.rrrrr.

Kidding!!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I meant i hardly get ANY!!

nevermind...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hehehe, Me neither I'm like okay,so how do i even kno anyone listens to em??..

I actually use the players from odeo on my websites. Comes in pretty handy, you can actually pick from a few different styles.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by toraylin]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin

Is that a reference???
I listen to every single podcast that comes up on ATS. I love to hear every view that everyone has. I love listining to music that I normaly don't listen to.

I think it's kinda cool that we have a little more exposure out there. ATS isn't charging for anyone to listen to podcasts, They don't pay us to post our podcasts.

(I do kinda wish people would tell me what they think of my podcasts. I even put a voicemail number up so that everyone could comment on how bad I do. I expected my email to be filled with wav files saying YOU SUCK! but not a single phone call
)

I don't think it's much of an issue but a cool find.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Originally posted by toraylin

Is that a reference???

Thats pretty funny, hehe.

What I meant is there is no view counter either(aswell as no comments for me).on these other sites.

I know alot of people listen to my podcasts here cause of those lovely little counters that tell me. Muahahaha.

Though I do have to say im usually too busy to be checking out alot of the casts.I am doing so more these days.

top topics

join