It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libby found guilty in CIA leak case

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

Originally posted by jsobecky
This was a huge waste of taxpayer money. There was no underlying crime to begin with.

Plame was not a covert agent, and the prosecutor knew it beforehand.

It was nothing more than a political witch-hunt, and Libby was the fall guy.

What do you mean there was no crime to begin with? that has yet to be determined but the fact still ramains that Libby obviously tried to cover up facts conceerning his role in the leaks and for that he got busted and I'm glad for it.

If you want to talk about political witch hunts why don't you go back in time and examine closely the impeachment of Bill Clinton.. Now THAT was a waste of taxpayer money.

So true, so true. If Libby did nothing wrong and Wilson wasn't a covert agent why did he lie to the FBI in the first place about it? Fitzgerald told in his first press conference that he discovered that Wilson was a covert agent and it was clear to him. He was trying to find out who committed the crime and Libby jumped up and lied. I think it's sad he's being the fall guy for George Bush and Dick Cheney. I wonder though if he will turn on them now that he's been found guilty. I have heard Joe Wilson say not long ago on some interview that he and his wife both have a case ready for after this trial is over with and Libby has given them a lot of information they can use like that handwritten note from Cheney talking about Bush.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join