It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney to resign! My prediction....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Cheney is stepping down. To this, there should be little debate, in my opinion. The most prominent question is when. I say we will see a continuing of the momentum on Cheney health stories (the blood clot) evolve until administration or Republican sources start to whisper that Cheney is considering stepping down. Within four months, the VP will in fact make that announcement.

Now, the kicker is why?

Actually, the move is quite genius and really the Republican's only hope if the party wants to keep the White House in '08 -- because all outward signs indicate that Bush has effectively sealed off the White House from the Republicans for at least two decades following the 08 election.

Essentially, the Republicans will set up a Bush successor in the VP role. Right now, Republican hopefuls are all jumping around trying to determine who should grab the nomination. While the base is interested -- as it always will be -- the real energy so far has been cornered by the Democrats. Make no mistake, once the Democrats center on a nomination, they will be real contenders for the White House.

But, if the Republicans can get their acts together early enough, rally behind a real popular candidate who is able to reattract the centrist voters, then there's a real chance the Republicans can maintain hold. In the end, the two main Democratic contenders -- Hillary Clinton and Barac Obama -- are both left of center in social issues. Perhaps left enough that they could alienate the independent voter in '08, as long as the Republican party has a viable candidate.

I believe there is very little chance the Republicans can groom a viable candidate coming off of the Republican convention. It will be way too late.

Instead, what the Republican National Committee and the Bush Administration are doing is quite brilliant. Have Cheney step down a VP for health reasons, choose the best Republican presidential candidate to replace Cheney, and then have him be a defacto leader leading up to the '08 election.

Make no mistake, the next election is going to be a tough fight for both parties. But without the Republican party standing behind a nominee early on, the party truly has no hope.

So, who will replace Cheney?

That's a tougher question for this Oracle. Right now, there are a slew of Republicans claiming to either be running for the White House -- or in "exploratory committees" (which is political speak for gauging fund raising interest). Out of the pool, I would say the most likely successors though would be John McCain, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney. There can be cases made for Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich and even Chuck Hagel. But in reality, they don't stand much of a chance.

In any case, whoever earns the VP nomination will gain a certain gravitas (a popular word being bandied about by political pundits lately) that could help swing independent and socially conservative voters back into the Republican camp. Plus, and more importantly, the candidate will be someone who will likely disavow the Neocon agenda and be critical to the President. For those who think that's an impossibility, remember how critical Bush spokesman Tony Snow was prior to his appointment.

Anyway, this is my prediction. You will begin to see more stories like this in the news.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, if disgraced Cheney leaves the Kingdom of Bush...He wont be far away...He will just continue making "suggestions" to our prez and he [Bush] will continue following the orders and we will have a wonderful celebration because we got rid of the bad seed and ratings will go up for the president...he will actually be able to read books and comprehend what he read...making the connection, what a joyous occasion, makes me want to weep.

Life is great once again.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hmmmm . . . if Cheney steps down than the next vice president will be a woman?

Condi Rice?

or

Rudi in Drag?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I believe that Cheney will never leave the political arena because he is dip in the bed with corporate American and oil business and they are ruling the nation now.

But is still the scandal of Libby link to Cheney's and when the Palmers make their law sue that will include Cheney personally as the person behind the Libby scandal.

He will probably claim health related problems to step down but he will be making his moves from behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I see this as highly unlikely, but if the Libby debacle continues to unravel itself, I think that Dick could be forced to resign if it shows that he was ultimately the source of the leak. As it becomes more apparent that Libby was the fall guy for Dick, that could spell a quick demise for him.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I believe that Cheney will never leave the political arena because he is dip in the bed with corporate American and oil business and they are ruling the nation now.

But is still the scandal of Libby link to Cheney's and when the Palmers make their law sue that will include Cheney personally as the person behind the Libby scandal.

He will probably claim health related problems to step down but he will be making his moves from behind the scenes.

I'm with you there Marg.

Maybe we are due for a big revelation - and I'm not talking about the Book of Revelations. Something is definitely going down.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Abdsolutely Marg- Its a marriage made in heaven and

you just cant get rid of the puppetmaster just like that.

This too will blow over, just like the shootin'.

new topics

top topics

join