It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really weird nightmare... just a dream of something more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm the kind of person who has a lot of weird dreams, but the other night I had one that wasn't necessary stranger than anything else but it's still creeping me out (and I usually just laugh my dreams off).

It wasn’t really relevant to the rest of my dream, but I'd gone downstairs to make a cup of tea and all of a sudden everything seemed grey... the kind of light that you get when the suns rising and everything went really still and then I saw something move behind me, that’s where the vacuum had been earlier (in my dream) so I just passed it off but then it turned round really slowly and I saw a black hooded figure and when I got close it had kind of like a back carved Greek tragedy mask on and it said something I didn't understand and started moving towards me. I panicked at this point and started attacking it but my energy felt drained all of a sudden I managed to jump on it and as it hit the ground it turned back into the vacuum cleaner. I know it sounds like the typical anxiety dream, it’s just the weird creature that got me. The thing I usually dream about are thing I've seen in every day life, my brain doesn't tend to make 'monsters' up... I've done a very bad sketch on paint of what I saw if you don't understand my description. Does anyone have any idea what this creature might have been if not just a figment of my imagination? I keep jumping at every sound now because of it - dreams NEVER do that to me!

I'm sorry the drawings so shoddy, I can't use a mouse to draw. Any info would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You are probably going to get a good deal of people looking deep into this and telling you it means something...

...I suppose I am here to say that it is just a dream

::puts on greek mask:: Just a dream...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
FudgeStix: it could have been anything. Could even have been simply a 'nightmare'.

The important thing is to regain your equilibrium and toss the negativity caused by this dream, aside.

What I do is consciously decide (as I'm about to go to sleep) that I won't be having any repeats of the situation. And I achieve that quite successfully by 'aiming' my mind at what I choose to regard as the ultimate-source of decency and goodness.

I visualise myself moving 'up' through the cosmos: up, up and up, until I encounter a combination of white and gold light.

Then, I 'connect' to that and visualise it being beamed down, into and around me.

At the same time, I request protection. I specifically seek that protection from higher spiritual realms.

Now there are those who'll say that my little procedure ' is all in the Mind'. And of course it is, as is everything, one way or another. Given a choice between Mind and matter, I'd choose the former every time.

Most of us have experienced disturbing dreams or whatever they are. But they come in 'flavours'. Some are run-of-the-mill nightmares. But others seem suspiciously like 'something else': they leave you feeling you've actually been in contact with something that doesn't have your best interests at heart. They can leave you feeling quite sick, emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.

I'm particularly suspicious of those 'nightmares' which have a disturbing after-taste and which cling: are difficult to shake and especially those that remain vivid and detailed throughout several weeks, months or even years afterwards.

I don't know if it's correct, but I've read that we can inadvertently wander into lower astral-realms whilst asleep (or whilst suffering fever, exhaustion, or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc. -- or after associating with people who dabble in 'dark' stuff. It could possibly also happen if we've visited a 'dark' place, messed with 'dark' stuff, etc.)

Whatever the case, the lower astral realms might appeal to some, but not to me. I don't mix with low-lifes in 'real' life and I'm not interested in falling prey to them while I sleep.

Which is why I consciously tune-in to the 'nice light - higher spiritual realms' as I'm falling asleep. People have been doing versions of the same since Time began. So we can assume there's a need to do so, also that protection from lower-astral thugs can be gained in this way.

Whatever the 'thing' was that you saw in your dream, it doesn't sound to be the greatest of company. Personally, I wouldn't grant it attention: wouldn't waste my time thinking about it or trying to work out what it was or meant. That will only feed it. There are more rewarding and interesting things to ponder. Kick it to the kerb and practice psychic/spiritual defence. Put yourself beyond the reach of these ghouls. That's my advice, anyway.

Saying prayers before sleep isn't only for children.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, I have no idea. Since this is about a dream, does anyone have any good dream analysis sites. Sometimes if you look there, it might help you understand what it was triggered by.

For example, if you have dreams about your teeth, such as falling out or breaking, you are subconsciously worried about your teeth. My girlfriend recently had gotten her wisdom teeth pulled. For days before the surgery she was having nightmares about her teeth. Now the nightmares are gone and she has a severe pain in here mouth...because here wisdom teeth are on the desk in a bag!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thanks Dock6 for your advice ^^, i shall try that tonight

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Well, I have no idea. Since this is about a dream, does anyone have any good dream analysis sites. Sometimes if you look there, it might help you understand what it was triggered by.

For example, if you have dreams about your teeth, such as falling out or breaking, you are subconsciously worried about your teeth. My girlfriend recently had gotten her wisdom teeth pulled. For days before the surgery she was having nightmares about her teeth. Now the nightmares are gone and she has a severe pain in here mouth...because here wisdom teeth are on the desk in a bag!

I tired looking on google, but the only 'monsters' it covered where zombies and vampires etc. It did say it was to do with their certain characteristics, but then apart from being darn freaky it wasnt run-of-the-mill enough to have a steriotypical trate...

If anyone else has any ideas that'd be great ^_^ (I actuailly went to work early today so I didn't have to be in the house on my own - I'm scared of the vacuum cleaner cupboard '-_-)

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My first question would be/is: Are you sure you were dreaming? I mean, it sounds like to me that you might have actually gotten up and experienced whatever this was.

To me, it looks like it may be some kind of inter-dimensional being. If it is indeed the case that you were indeed dreaming, it might be that you are connecting with some kind of altered spiritual dimension.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
My first question would be/is: Are you sure you were dreaming? I mean, it sounds like to me that you might have actually gotten up and experienced whatever this was.

To me, it looks like it may be some kind of inter-dimensional being. If it is indeed the case that you were indeed dreaming, it might be that you are connecting with some kind of altered spiritual dimension.

I'm pretty sure it was a dream, because we have an alarm system in my house which we switch on at night and I didn't need to turn it off during the 'dream'. But then maybe the 'being' altered reality so I didn't have to. It was very real whatever the case.

I must admit I've had some very strange dreams over the years, some on par with this one but I've usually been able to shake those off quite easily. I also often get a sense of de-ja-vu and im sure that i've dreamt about the places. Also I do always remember my dreams very vividly, I can still remember some very strange dreams from when I was younger than 3.

I'll keep notes of anything unusual in my dreams (e.g. this thing appearing again) see if that sheds some light on the matter.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Fudge,I wish I could remember all of mine. Mine have to be pretty outstanding and vivid for me to remember them. I will be honest with you,Fudge, I am not sure what happened to you. I am certainly not sure that what you experienced was a dream.

I think what you might ought to do is when you go to bed, see if this entity pops up again... If it is recurrent... then you may have something else going on other than just dreams.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you wandered into somebody elses realm in your astral body and they were trying to communicate with you. I wouldnt pay it anymore thought or else you may make it think you want to contact it again the next time your asleep

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
FudgeStix

Your drawing looks incredibly familiar to me - I've definitely seen something very similar before...think it might have been on tv tho! I'm having a good think and will post when I track down where I saw it and a name!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thank you! It was a greek tragedy mask, so maybe it was just inspired by greek costume? I have seen this figure a couple more times when I've been asleep, but not in the same way, more like flashes - so maybe it's just because it's playing on my mind... I'm still scared of going downstairs at night now
the other night I had to get a high powered torch just so I could get my phone out of my coat pocket at the bottom of the steps :S

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In my experience ,Most dreams I never remember but if you start getting the same or almost similar dream more than twice,then it may have some meaning like a warning or some part of your brain is trying to remind you of something important that you had forgot about while awake.Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I think I may have solved the mystry of the figure. I was on the bus to college this morning and noticed the poster for 300... I remembered that I'd been to see the number 23 that day and 300 had been advertised... So I think I can rest easy tonight - of course if it comes after me again then I'll worry... hehe. Thanks for your help everyone

new topics

top topics

join