It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a DEMON

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Bible is the word of God through People . Do you honestly think if one of the writers believed in stoning people for this or that it wouldn't be in the bible?

Think for yourself on this: Every Religion/ Every Group has its OWN Narrow minded Version of God. He is always sculpted to believe only in what they what him to believe.

So I have done that for myself. I believe that it really comes down to what you feel inside about god.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
The Bible is the word of God through People . Do you honestly think if one of the writers believed in stoning people for this or that it wouldn't be in the bible?

What about the fact that many christians will say that the bible is the word of God and that the Holy Spirit spoke through those people and told them what to write down?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekOneSeven17
Why would a loving god create the food chain, where animals are forced to kill eachother to survive?

Here is your answer....

In the realm of spirits, death does not exist.

Life is forever. Your soul never dies.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett PinkusSo who do you think are the watchers in this case? And why did they turn away from the Evil Being who made this world?

I have written before along these lines. It may be worth checking it out.

A key point that I want to point out, is that its important to remember that words are pointers. - the finger pointing to the moon is not the moon.
Speech, is quite an interesting thing, as we interpret what someone says according to our experiences and perspectives...so thats why so much 'miscommunication happens'.

In saying that, The words 'evil' and 'good' have been so overused, and there is a certain mindset as to what evil/good means, that using them could prove a hinderance.

To some point we must see that black flows into white and black into white.
There is an absolute, but its not found in thought...and shades of grey do exist between the apparent solidity of 'white' and 'black'.

The division is the illusion.

Not sure that this will clear things up that much more - but now I will move on to try to answer you question.

From a certain point of view, it would seem that its the minority that are typically 'free'.
The 'mass' tend to create their own prison and the governments that rule them reflect where they are at spiritually. - after all, if the mass were to change in thought, then the governments that oppress them could no longer 'rule' over them.

Take this a bit higher...if we are like a mini-model of the universe...kind of like the russian dolls where there is a doll within a doll...then it would seem that the leader is typical to what you find in leaders here on earth...'power hungry'/'controlling' - in short...fearful. So afraid of 'loosing' that power that it oppresses those around him/her.

But see, this is my point...this fear that the 'god(s)' show, is a reflection of that which comes from those who are his/her subjects.

It could well be that some of the 'angels'/'aliens' wanted to help out Adam & Eve.
In helping, they may have created more bad than good. (Again, the words bad/good do not really fit here, but it will have to do.)

When Satan tried to awaken Adam & Eve, they didn't quite get the concept...they instead lived in fear, of the 'fearful' god(s) that created them.

Now, through time, and suffering, the 'ego' can either toughen up...or you can loose it.
Again, most of us are possessed and dont realize it. - possessed by the mind/thoughts.

The world and universe "true God - if you will" is there ready to help us.
Notice when Albert Einstein or anyone in science 'silences' the mind, then they appear to 'suck' in info from the universe?

Part of the issue is that I am touching on various thoughts that tie together.

One of the points is that the bible and other sacred text, when looked at without glasses of 'doctrine' - paint a clearer picture for us of whats up.

Things are straight forward...you see a theme of a 'jealous' god - which cant be a 'god' if that is its attribute. so then you question that and go from there.

With that, I will stop...so much to be said, but again, nothing needed to be said at all.

- Im listening to Eckhart Tolles 'new earth' while Im writing, so I lost my train of thought.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connected
Here is your answer....

In the realm of spirits, death does not exist.

Life is forever. Your soul never dies.

Ah, the topic of the soul.

Something we talk so much about, but havent seen...about the same as God.
Now this doesnt mean that a soul does not exist or that a God doesnt exist.

But maybe it would help to try to look and better define what the soul may be if there is one.

I have written here about the soul before.... it may be of interest...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

What about the fact that many christians will say that the bible is the word of God and that the Holy Spirit spoke through those people and told them what to write down?

What if all of these are just counterfeit?
What if the word of God is the criminal law of their time?
The priests took these words as per se self-explanatory as today attorneys use laws to impose... justice
What is law?
Law is just like God's word...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He was also drowning in scandal. He flaunted his bi-sexuality and was involved in many court intrigues.

Actually,I was always under the impression that he was a straight out right homosexual. Although,I must say,I don't think there s a such a thing as a bi-sexual. If you lay down with another man, you are just out right homosexual, in my honest opinion. It doesn't really matter to me, but I have to laugh when people call a duck a goose..

[edit on 6-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
@dAlen thanks will check the thread

@Dragonlike The problem is that these people will never say that its been counterfeited because there is noway that God would allow this to happen to his word.

I am having discussions going on about this exact topic with a born again christian and there is noway that he will believe anything else, he will either say that Satan has decieved the people saying that and that is why scientists will publish material saying so or he will say the only thing thats true is Gods Word and that is written in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett PinkusI am having discussions going on about this exact topic with a born again christian and there is noway that he will believe anything else, he will either say that Satan has decieved the people saying that and that is why scientists will publish material saying so or he will say the only thing thats true is Gods Word and that is written in the Bible.

Having been an evangelical Christian - missionary - (7 years of my life working for major Christian leaders/organizations) - I can say this.

Anyone, from any religion, despite what arguments you give...will not change until they are ready. No debate will sway them. For them, its because they have the truth...but reality is they have a neuron-net built up, and anything to disprove their way of thinking could set them 'off balance'...info has to be slowly digested over time.

The key for any change is an open heart that seeks with all their heart. Again, I blog a lot about my own experiences here at ATS.

I know the arguments, and apolgetics...and to be quite frank, you will drown in a sea of arguments that sprial in circles, never winning a debate. The closest you can do is to try to get them to ask the questions for themselves...this is a 'safe' environment for their mind/ego...it keeps the enough distance that they can adjust to any drastic changes in their thought.

The Bible is not without error...and again, saying this wont get you anywhere.
Whats more, is you can take their own arugment...that it is without error...and hold them to certain passages. (ironically, the passages they try to take out of context, are the ones that are clear...and to the point, but really challenge the doctrine engrained within them.)

peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wonder where in the bible does it say that god is a nice guy? Seriously this is not the kind of diety to tick off. Turning people into pillars of salt. Commiting mass genocides, repeatedly, letting its own ofspring die at the hands of others. Reccomending that a man sacrifice his own son just to see if he would do it. The list goes on and on.

I wonder if this god in the old testement was swiched with God Lite, All the power none of the previous hangups. "God, its whats in you!"

Not a nice dude overall. I wouldnt want to tick this thing off.

Demon? no. Pissed off omnipotent superbieng? probably. Sick and twisted jokester? Oh yea without a doubt.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To pat atheists on the back and give them pseudo-assurance about their beliefs?

To antagonize believers in hopes their faith would be shaken?

To bark loud enough for agnostics to finally make up their mind?

Not sure what purpose is in duplicating thebiblesucks.com here.

I know what this thread is not. It is not a fact-finding discussion with a serious approach towards finding what Yahweh is.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekOneSeven17
The being worshipped as the creator of this universe by monotheists is, in fact, A DEMON. According to the Bible, Yahweh commands his followers to, stone people, burn them to death, and even to massacre infants. He is not the True God of Love.

For the love of consciousness

Your challenging someones belief by using the Bible? Sorry, but you can't say one persons god is a demon, because both of you are using evidence out of context!

All religions are control mechanisms. They all contain "the truth", but in equal portions throughout the religions. You need to compare and contrast them all to get a good perspective on what reality is all about.

The closet any religion is to the truth is Buddhism, the interconnectedness of everything. Its downfall however, is saying you can achieve things by just sitting there meditating. Meditation is only half the solution. You need to actually get up and use what you've learnt in meditation.

garh, end rant

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I wonder where in the bible does it say that god is a nice guy?

Have you bothered to read the NT... or are you one who dismisses it out of hand? There are glaring inconsistencies between the God Jesus spoke of and the god of the Old Testament... That, to any unbiased observer, cannot be denied.

[Notice I put the word UNBIASED in bold type.]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This book is interesting:
www.amazon.com...=1-1/qid=1170260635/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-0681622-1091821?ie=UTF8&s=books

"Is Jehovah an ET?" by Dorothy Leon

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by whatukno
I wonder where in the bible does it say that god is a nice guy?

Have you bothered to read the NT... or are you one who dismisses it out of hand? There are glaring inconsistencies between the God Jesus spoke of and the god of the Old Testament... That, to any unbiased observer, cannot be denied.

[Notice I put the word UNBIASED in bold type.]

See the inconsistency though?
It appears from your post, if I am reading it correctly, that you admit that there is a difference in the God of the NT and that of the OT?

This gives rise to questions such as why is this?
Jesus is claimed to be God...so who is right?

But maybe its proof that God is multiple personality - no pun intended, (ie. father, son, holyspirit) See, we have gentle Jesus, who will come back, at the end of times, to slaughter all those he died and rose from the dead for.

So maybe the Bible is consistent after all. (the angry God of the OT, and the angry one of the NT)

But then again, maybe there is another way to look at it...maybe these are all semantics...and we are getting lost in the 'mind' in our arugments...are fixed postions and view points. Is there something we can take from the Bible as a whole?

Depends on how one looks at it.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 6-3-2007 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
See the inconsistency though?
It appears from your post, if I am reading it correctly, that you admit that there is a difference in the God of the NT and that of the OT?

This gives rise to questions such as why is this?
Jesus is claimed to be God...so who is right?

But maybe its proof that God is multiple personality - no pun intended, (ie. father son holyspirit) See, we have gentle Jesus, who will come back, at the end of times, to slaughter all those he died and rose from the dead for.

So maybe the Bible is consistent after all. (the angry God of the OT, and the mean one of the NT)

But then again, maybe there is another way to look at it...maybe these are all semantics...and we are getting lost in the 'mind' in our arugments...are fixed postions and view points. Is there something we can take from the Bible as a whole?

Depends on how one looks at it.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 6-3-2007 by dAlen]

Huh, the angry god of the OT, and mean one of the NT? What? Jesus spoke of a God of love,forgiveness, compassion...That's not the god of the Old Testament at all.
I'm confused about what you are trying to say

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Huh, the angry god of the OT, and mean one of the NT? What? Jesus spoke of a God of love,forgiveness, compassion...That's not the god of the Old Testament at all.
I'm confused about what you are trying to say

My apologies...I will try to clarify.

You are a Christian are you not?
Is it true that you believe that the Bible is the infallible, ineffable word of God?
(The bible being both OT and NT)

How do you reconcile the God of the OT with the God of the NT.
Now we must remember, with evangelical Christianity, Jesus is the same God that spoke to Moses in the O.T. (John: "In the beginning was the Word...the word became flesh, etc.)

so how did Jesus have such a different personality in the OT.

See, I agree with you...the Jesus of the NT does seem very, very different.

Now we get the argument of under the law, and new covenant, etc.
But this would make God a liar, or inconsistent at best...from how the Bible currently reads.

Again, I hope this clarifies for you where I was coming from.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I just like to say people who read the Old Testament do not really understand the whole story it seems, and why some things sound bad is is due to not seeing the whole picture and remember the father was the judge then not Christ that's why he sounds different as he is bound by his own rules and judgements.

How many people here who are shocked by the Old Testament know that some of the genocides and killings are about reducing a race of inhuman cross breeds like Genesis 6 when God made the flood because mankind’s bloodline got corrupted through evil Angel activity? How many people understand that so far? Why does a loving God destroy with floods and put Fire on Sodom and Gomorrah?

It's because there is a greater good as to protect mankind and God's message to preserve it. The eventual covenant with Christ 2000 years after all these things happened is what that matters now because they were settled and his bloodline preserved because of the past rules to keep the word of God going.
The Tribal rules were just that, special assigned convents and rituals for these people to keep them in order what ever it took. On one side God was not so forgiving because man did not make the convents to him or had done, which opened new doors and rules with God when they were achieved including saving mankind spiritually. Now that God made man accomplish these things man that was killed could live onto a judgement day so all that was lost could be regained. These people that were killed were actually interfering with God’s plan and God could see that if they were not rid of then prophecy would not come about which is more important then man him self. It was more of a translation of what happened on earth that effect mans future and heavenly out come so some terrible things had to happen even if people today don’t fully understand why. Remember Moses ordered killings because the people or other tribes were not human and maybe the ones that did not get killed off are just that today inhuman mixed serpent Angel races that surround Israel as it once did then. This might sound racist to some if you point out particular groups but I won’t mention it.

Anyway hope it helps and remember the baby killing genocides were something that had to happen then as it shaped the course of history and the other tribal destruction was to keep man moving along with God and purifying the blood line till Christ was born so that his sacrifice could take God's curse away on mankind so that he could reach a higher heavenly goal and live again. Was it all worth it? Yes even if it meant clearing the gene pool because the eventual outcome meant man could be resurrected too.
And now you have to decide if the stories of these rituals and tribal rules and wars were true. Maybe they are or were myths so they never happened, so you cannot blame anyone anyway for it. You can just put it down to saying its violent scripture that does not apply today and nor did everything apply 2200 years ago either let alone now. Or you can say its real and if so is the rest of the Bible must be unless you are Jew that is, in that case accept that maybe something’s had reason to bring about the greater good be it that Chist defeated death for us.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
You are a Christian are you not?
Is it true that you believe that the Bible is the infallible, ineffable word of God?

How do you reconcile the God of the OT with the God of the NT.
Now we must remember, with evangelical Christianity, Jesus is the same God that spoke to Moses in the O.T. (John: "In the beginning was the Word...the word became flesh, etc.)

so how did Jesus have such a different personality in the OT.

See, I agree with you...the Jesus of the NT does seem very, very different.

Now we get the argument of under the law, and new covenant, etc.
But this would make God a liar, or inconsistent at best...from how the Bible currently reads.

Peace

dAlen

dAlen, yes, I am Christian in the sense that I do believe that Jesus Christ is ultimately the worlds' only hope. However,
, as you have probably noticed by most of my posts,I am not a conventional Christian in any sense of the word.

To me, there is no rectifying the god of the Old Testament with the God of the New Testament. There seem to be too many dissimilarities there. Those who try encounter some rather heady hills to climb.

Well, while I certainly believe that the bible was transcribed by the prophets from messages from God,I also do not rule out the potentiality of the Devil being involved in some deceptions. Also, to argue that the bible has not been tampered with to suit the purposes of the powerful is arguing from ignorance, in my honest opinion.

I have said it time and time again. The only thing that is really reedemable from the OT is the Ten Commandments.... Now, the question therein lies.. where did the rest of the OT come from then?

Well, not really. If one is to believe, as I tend to, that the God of Jesus and the god of the OT are two different entities all together, then it doesn't make God a liar or inconsistent. Now does it?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I just like to say people who read the Old Testament do not really understand the whole story it seems, and why some things sound as bad as they do is due to not seeing the whole picture.

Agreed...
"Let us confuse their language lest they be like us" (What omnipotent God would even bother to feel threatened?)
"There eyes are open, lets hide the tree lest they be like us"

Lots of fear from a God...and the leader of the theology of Paul/Jesus - ie., "fear not"

The flood did not destroy evil: "They were on the earth before and after the flood" - this is in the Christian Bible

Jesus: The seeds of Satan are those 'children of satan' - seeds of god are 'sons of god'
(answering the disciples when they said, "EXPLAIN the parable..." and that was his explanation.)

True, we dont read the Bible for what it says. Its a great book, that says a lot more than what we learned in Sunday school.

Peace

dAlen

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join