It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Saving, A Mini Y2K?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Daylight Saving, A Mini Y2K?

www.nytimes.com

Two years ago, when Congress passed a law to extend daylight saving time by a month, the move seemed a harmless step that would let the nation burn a little less fossil fuel and enjoy a bit more sunshine.

This time, with extended daylight saving time, the problem is subtler. The potential pitfall is a disruption of business, if the clocks inside all kinds of hardware and software systems do not sync up as they are programmed to do.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This will be interesting to keep an eye on. In order to burn a little less fossil fuel and allow the people a little more sunshine, the U.S. is putting itself out of sync with the rest of the world.

Will daylight saving continue if it puts big business in jeopardy? I don't think so...

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
OMG it's the end of the world.

Businesses and people will actually have to reset their computer clocks manually?

It's all over folks!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Is everyone ready?

The world ends tonight!

Millions of people who don't know how to reset their computer clocks, will throw us back to the stone age!

Y2K+7!

Reminder: SPRING FORWARD

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
This will be interesting to keep an eye on. In order to burn a little less fossil fuel and allow the people a little more sunshine, the U.S. is putting itself out of sync with the rest of the world.

Out of sync?

What do you mean by that? Not all countries use daylight saving time, and the ones that use it do not use all the same dates to start and stop it.

And if this will be a mini Y2K then nothing will happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
OMG it's the end of the world.

Businesses and people will actually have to reset their computer clocks manually?

It's all over folks!

Not really. Microsoft has had a fix out for XP for over a week now (That I know of) Vista already had it built in from what I hear.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Anyone with a free time synchronizer program downloaded will have little problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well I just hope they fixed that little problem in the nuclear missile launch code sequence. Otherwise there shouldn't be any problem.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It looks a though we have survived yet another possible computer glitch. Aside from having to reset most of the clocks in my house, all is well. Until next time then? perhaps 7/7/07?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
One thing I noticed thats not right is my Cellular phone time has not been updated. Apparently Tmobile did not forsee this timeshift and didn't update their systems. I had to set the clock manually and i tried setting it back to autoupdate and it reverted back to the old time again. I wonder how that will affect people as far as billing goes for free talk time?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Good point! I also use Tmobile. I checked the time on my cell phone at 8:53 CDT and it is correct. May vary from locale to locale.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well another big scare perpetrated by the media fails to materialize.

Bad week for "scare science!" 1st Man-Made Global Warming and ALGORE get crushed. Now the mini-Y2K, comes and goes without a glitch.

BTW Has anyone seen ALGORE since the Oscars? My guess is he is up north hugging the polar bears!

new topics

top topics

join