It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Declaration: Jimmy1880, Reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Jimmy1880 for President

I, Jimmy1880, hereby declare that I am running for the office of President of The United States and are running for the Reform party.

In short, my platform is simple:
American Heritage Dictionary:
re·form (rĭ-fôrm')

1. To improve by alteration, correction of error, or removal of defects; put into a better form or condition.

2. To cause to give up harmful or immoral practices; persuade to adopt a better life.

To expand:
I am a person with 8 years active military service, I am a person of integrity and I refuse to shy away from difficult subjects.

My political aim is to build up America from it's grass roots, to bring back a solid belief in common values such as manners and respect. I will do this by targeting the family unit as I feel society is only as civilised as the families it contains. For too long has Television, music, movies and the internet eroded personal values and so I will make it much more difficult for minors to be exposed to innapropriate material. I shall bring in legislation to make adults more responsible for their children and I will attempt to bring in legislation to prohibit adults smoking in houses where children live and to hold parents responsible for non medical child obeseity.

I will bring national security back home! If you were worried about about your home would you leave it and your family unprotected while you went outside and searched for the people who might hurt you? or would you stay at home and fortify it so that anybody wanting to hurt you would find it impossible to get in? I would go for the second option! America's borders need to be brought under control. I care more about protected our people than I do about forcibaly spreading democrocy across the globe! I will up the ante on the war against drugs, I will not target drug users and small time hoodlum dealers I will use our exceptional intelligence service to bring down the manufacturers and importers of drugs. I will stop searching for a man in a cave and put resources into eradicating society destroying drugs like crystal meth and heroin.

I plan to bring in laws that entiitle EVERY full time worker in America to be entitled to a minimum of 20 days paid leave per year.

I have a strong stance on immigration and every illegal immigrant will be shipped back to their native country. I will not stop immigration but a person will have to have a needed skill in order to come into the country, I will make a fair application process for refugees and people who have a need to leave their native land. All immigrants coming into the USA will have two years to learn about American history and to learn English if a good standard of English is not attained the immigrant faces being deported. All immigrants who have legally gained addmission into the country will pay 5% more income tax for their first five years in order to pay for the increased processing costs of immigrants and to help finance an efficient border control.

These are but a few examples of my political aims;

I kindly ask you to ask me questions on the issues that are important to you and I will give you an honest answer.

Thankyou for your time.

Jimmy1880

As a candidate for this office, running on this website, I promise the following:

I will uphold the Terms & Conditions of AboveTopSecret.com at all times

I will conduct a campaign that focuses on issues

I will seek to always answer issue-based questions with direct honesty and integrity

I will not, through my actions, communicate libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates in the primaries or general election

I will not, through my inaction, allow libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates to be made on my behalf

I will participate in every debate and avail myself to questions from the general population

If selected in a primary election, I will accept the nomination to run for my party for The President of The United States and select a capable running mate for my Vice President

I understand that if I fail to live up to the higher standards described herein, I may voluntarily or forcibly be required to end my candidacy or Presidency if elected.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What is your policy on how to combat the effects of global warming?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi Carslake,

Thanks for the question.

I will deal with the effects of global warming, effects in my opinion being severe weather.

The very nature of the weather means you cannot stop it but you can prevent major damage from occuring. I would make sure flood protection systems are maintained and adequate and I will streamline emergency responses in cases such as Hurrican Katrina.

I am however going to concentrate much more on the causes of global warming rather than concentrate on the effects.

I will tackle global warming by making a public campaign putting the responsibility on being green on citizens i.e. I shall conduct a media campaign explaining about the differences of turning TV's off, swithing lights off etc.

I will make this campaign so it shows the benefits in real terms for example "turning TV's off instead of leaving them on standby will save the average American family $59 per year" I shall start programs to make all public offices, schools etc. greener by exchanging all light bulbs to energy saving ones, to make sure all newly built offices meet strict energy saving building standards. I will offer grants to go towards the cost of installing solar panels on existing homes. I shall conduct an agressive campaign in schools so that children (the next generation and future of the world) will be higly consciencous about green living.

If I can make an impact on the general public about becoming greener and the public responds and every houshold uses even just 10% (to start with) less energy imagine the impact that will make on the environment.

I shall bring in legislation that makes large business' put all affordable measures in place to reduce emmisions to a minimum, I do not wan't to put too much financial strain on manufacturing businesses as we need manufacturing in the USA to be appealing to foreign investiment but as I said I shall make sure that firms put in place all measures that they can afford.

I shall put a higher sales tax on pickups, sportscars and large 4x4's and lower sales tax on more efficient cars. There will be no sales tax on Hybrid/alternate technology cars.

I will start using some of the huge expanses of land that the US has to plant crops that will eventually be turned into ethanol I will put alot of funding in to trialing ethanol technology and see if it is a viable alternative to petroleum.

Thanks again for your question.

Jimmy1880

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Jimmy1880,

You talk about securing borders, and not policing the world. Do the two not go hand in hand?

A safer world should led to a safer America.

What would you do the secure the border with Mexico? Would you enhance the border with Canada?

And what about America's role as the only superpower today. What led would you give the rest of the world on global warming and climate control?

Would you allow oil exploration in Alaska?

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP

Jimmy1880,

You talk about securing borders, and not policing the world. Do the two not go hand in hand?

The two do not go hand in hand, having an undemocratic leader in a foriegn country does not affect the US citizen. Thousands of illegal immigrants flooding into America does affect the US citizen. Also the current administration bangs into our heads that Muslim extremists don't like our way of life and want to change it, what they do not mention is that south americans don't like our way of life and they are changing it! In the southern states there are complete towns that have been converted into south america there are area's where only spanish is spoken there are area's where only south american's are welcome.

Ever heard about "Republica del Norte"

A University of New Mexico Chicano Studies professor predicts a new, sovereign Hispanic nation within the century, taking in the Southwest and several northern states of Mexico.

Charles Truxillo suggests the “Republica del Norte,” the Republic of the North, is “an inevitability.”

He envisions it encompassing all of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and southern Colorado, plus the northern tier of Mexican states: Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.

Along both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border “there is a growing fusion, a reviving of connections,” Truxillo said. “Southwest Chicanos and Norteño Mexicanos are becoming one people again.”

Truxillo, 47, has said the new country should be brought into being “by any means necessary,” but recently said it was unlikely to be formed by civil war. Instead, its creation will be accomplished by the electoral pressure of the future majority Hispanic population in the region, he said.

The number of Illegal aliens crossing America's borders exceeds outright warfare 'invasion' levels! The costs of providing healthcare, food, housing, the costs of drug related crimes and increased law enforcement, hit the US tax payer with multiple billions of dollars annually.

Added to that, Illegal aliens sent 11-Billion tax-free dollars back to Mexico in 2003. By 2006 Illegal Mexican Aliens cost the United States $69 Billion dollars. American tax payers picked up the tab!There are even groups emerging in the south who are calling for an independant hispanic state!

This is way more concerning to the US citizen!

A safer world should led to a safer America.

This comment is very very true! Although a safer world can be accomplished without US troops covering the whole world!

The US could politically manipulate the world stage instead of militarily. If we were to denounce our unconditional support of Israel the middle east would be a lot easier to handle. This does not mean leaving Israel out to the wolves but we need to use our influence and TELL them to stop advancing into palastinian territory, to stop sending there troops across the borders on raids and we should enforce the UN resolutions put on Israel.

I would only send US troops to fight if there was a direct threat to US soverignty and I would let the UN take care of world policing. If US troops were needed for a UN operation then they will be sent under the world flag of the UN and not the Stars and Stripes. This way the world will not see it as the US policing the world.

We need to be percieved as a higly capable but non aggresive force, that way hostilities between the US and countries like Russia and China will not occur.

If we keep ourselves to ourselves we will prevent the fueling of hatred that leads to acts of terrorism.

What would you do the secure the border with Mexico? Would you enhance the border with Canada?

I would use the Army to secure our southern boder by placing several new Army bases across the border. All traffic coming in and out of mexico by road will be checked at a military controlled border post. All vehicles including trucks will be searched. I will put large parts of the naval fleet in the oceans around the southern border and there will be exclusion zones where no naval traffic should be.

All ports in the US will have tightened controlls to stop trafficking from the East, huge fines will be incurred by shipping companies whose ships are found to be containing Ileegal immigrants.

Canada has tight immigration policies in place already as such the land borders between the US and Canada will be reviewed but I have no immediate plans for change on the northern border.

And what about America's role as the only superpower today. What led would you give the rest of the world on global warming and climate control?

I believe the US is not the only superpower, China now also shares the responsibility of a world superpower. If China collapses so does the world just as if America was to collapse.

I will quote myself on the Global warming issue:

"I will tackle global warming by making a public campaign putting the responsibility on being green on citizens i.e. I shall conduct a media campaign explaining about the differences of turning TV's off, swithing lights off etc.

I will make this campaign so it shows the benefits in real terms for example "turning TV's off instead of leaving them on standby will save the average American family $59 per year" I shall start programs to make all public offices, schools etc. greener by exchanging all light bulbs to energy saving ones, to make sure all newly built offices meet strict energy saving building standards. I will offer grants to go towards the cost of installing solar panels on existing homes. I shall conduct an agressive campaign in schools so that children (the next generation and future of the world) will be higly consciencous about green living.

If I can make an impact on the general public about becoming greener and the public responds and every houshold uses even just 10% (to start with) less energy imagine the impact that will make on the environment.

I shall bring in legislation that makes large business' put all affordable measures in place to reduce emmisions to a minimum."

I will start more open talks with China and try to work together on reducing emissions as America and China together produce almost 40% of all CO2 output.

[edit on 15/3/07 by Jimmy1880]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Jimmy1880,

Would you allow oil exploration in Alaska?

Drilling in Alska would require a large number of well pads, connected by pipelines, roads, airports, housing facilities, processing plants, and other infrastructure with effects that would radiate across the entire coastal plain. Other industrial operations, such as seismic exploration, water withdrawals, gravel mines, noise from operations, air pollution, and exploratory drilling would have effects over a much larger area. Indeed, the effects of energy development would be felt across the entire 1.2 million coastal plain of the Arctic Refuge. With this in mind Alaskan oil will only be available for needs of National security, I have no plans to allow the commercial drilling of Alaska.

Many thanks for the questions

Jimmy1880

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I would only send US troops to fight if there was a direct threat to US soverignty and I would let the UN take care of world policing. If US troops were needed for a UN operation then they will be sent under the world flag of the UN and not the Stars and Stripes. This way the world will not see it as the US policing the world.

The US has been reluctant to send US troops on UN missions and has insisted that US troops can't be held accountability for their actions if part of a UN mission. If I understand your statement, you would be a bigger suppporter of the UN and ensure that the US is not behind in its payments to the UN?

Do you believe the UN security council veto is still valid?

top topics

join