It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Weapons Nuts in the U.K.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Can you give us an example of someone who succesfully managed to get compensation for such a thing?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flypuppy
Can you give us an example of someone who succesfully managed to get compensation for such a thing?

One of those Sun perpetuated Urban Myths. They very well may take someone to court (anyone can, after all), but I very much doubt any sane Judge would award damages to a Burglar.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Would these be the same kind of 'sane' judges I read about today who slashed the sentence of two low lifes who beat a 22 year old man so severely he has been in a coma ever since and probably will be for the rest of whatever ruined life remains to him. Considering they only got a paltry eight years in the first place you wonder where the stupid idiot of a judge is coming from in saying he believes the original sentence was far too harsh but of course they understand the mans mothers distress and sympathise.
What a pr**k! He's as bad as the thugs.
I don't think using sane and judge in the same sentence is neccessarily wise.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You would probably want that judge in court though if you had just taken a gun and shot the two guys dead in the street for trying to attack you all the same.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Xphiles and co usually trot out that one. The only thing I can think of that they have and we don't is the ability to own a gun. For every other "freedom" they have in the US, I can think of a better example in the UK or the EU. In some states, they can't even get a pint until they're 21! But, I digress.

As for gun ownership, I don't think that the UK public want guns, let alone have a need for them. Granted, they're are gun related crimes, but less than 1000 throughout the whole country in a year (with only a handful of murder's). This totals to less than 0.5% of ALL crime in the UK. It isn't anywhere near as bad as the media would have you believe.

Well, the drinking thing is probably a hold over from prohibition. Actually, all states that I know of require you to be 21 to consume alcohol.

But when it comes down to it, Id rather have my gun before I had a beer 3 years early.

Americans have always been staunchly pro-gun.

here is an example:

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

As someone else said, a state in which you cannot own guns, but the police do is a police state. So, I stand by my original statements.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starvald
You would probably want that judge in court though if you had just taken a gun and shot the two guys dead in the street for trying to attack you all the same.

Lol not a chance you only get the touchy feely type ones if your a chav or hoody and if there's one thing the British justice system hate and punish severely (apart from defrauding large financial companies) it's people taking the law into their own hands, even in self defence.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join