It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan won't apologize again for WW2 sex slaves: PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Japan won't apologize again for WW2 sex slaves: PM

Source Link: www.reuters.com

TOKYO (Reuters) - Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said on Monday Japan will not apologize for forcing women to act as sex slaves for Japanese soldiers in World War 2 even if a U.S. House of Representatives resolution demanding an apology is adopted.

But Abe said he stood by a 1993 Japanese government apology that acknowledged that the military played a role in setting up and managing wartime brothels and that coercion was used.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
seattlepi.nwsource.com

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't get it...why doesn't Japan apologize? And I also don't get why our Congress is passing a resolution demanding Japan to apologize. Again, we should mind our own business. How about they pass a resolution about healthcare. Stupid morons

[edit on 4-3-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
They've already apologized profusely for the atrocities committed in WW2 more than once. Do they have to recognize and apologize for each individual type of atrocities committed? Whats so wrong with the descendants just offering a blanket apology in the form of a cheque?

[edit on 4-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well it's not Japan as a country, it is the current Prime Minister,
Shinzo Abe.

He is a nationalist and part of the Japanese right-wing.

I really don't see why our Congressis actually wasting time passing
something demanding an apology, I mean I KNOW they have better
things to do.

And apart from that, I thought Japan had apologized before.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It seems like the Japanese are asked by different groups several times a year to make yet another formal apology for their action in WWII.

They've already apologized, I don't see why they have to continue to do so ad infinitum.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The Germans have to apologise ad finitum for the Holocaust that keeps getting resurrected.
I guess wrong doers should keep apologising until their victims are satisfied that the apology is honest and until adequate compensation has been paid.
What the Japanese did during WW2 was just as bad as what the Germans did to the Jews.
It was a HOLOCAUST too.
Just because it's not called that, doesn't mean it wasn't.

I guess we all could say...build a bridge and get over it. Say that to a Jew and see how they feel.

top topics

join