It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bar Color Below Points

page: 1

join
share:
MMP

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I feel silly for asking this because I think I remember seeing a thread about it, however, I can't find it using the search feature and it's not covered in the ATS handbook. Here goes:

What does the color of the bar under points mean? I believe I read that it was a reflection of how many times you have been applauded. Is this true? I was privileged enough to receive my 3rd applaud today, but my bar still says 0m.gif and is not changing. Do I need to get 10 before it will change to 1m.gif? Is it not changing because I only have 220 some odd posts?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
rest your pointer on the bar, it will tell you number of posts you have made.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If it goes black it means you've soaked up to much radiation from your monitor.

Kidding, just kidding, but the "black bar club" is a coveted achievement round here.

Cuz that's a lot o'posts.

Spiderj

[edit on 3/4/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Post Bar Information here you go

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It is fairly straight forward.

More posts indicates a longer bar. It will take 4000 posts to fill it it. The more Applauses you receive will change your bar a different shade of red. After so many, it falls off.

In the link Sauron has provided, all of this is explained.

MMP

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That answers it all for me, thanks a lot.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm slow, I'll admit it. But once again, can somebody explain to me how to determine exactly how may applauses you have received? How far along are you to receiving that coveted "black bar" status?

The only person I know of that has received one is Benevolent Heretic. There are probably more members that have. But if anyone deserves one, it is certainly her.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The only person I know of that has received one is Benevolent Heretic.

There are several of us in the 'club'.

Chissler (above) and I know there are several others. The Vagabond, Majic (before he went all 'supermoderator' on us) and Valhall, to name a few. I think there are a couple more...

I don't know how to determine the # of applauses, jso. But I think there are 10 levels of color, so there are so many applauses for each color step.

And thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
But once again, can somebody explain to me how to determine exactly how may applauses you have received?

I'm pretty sure the only way to do that is to save the U2U's. Then you could count them up. I save mine. I'm proud of them

top topics

join