It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could It Be A Liberal Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Okay, This question has been nagging me for a while. I want to put it down, and see what answers I get. It has bothered me for a while, and maybe moreso when I have been in a, what I call, "hyper-liberal" environment. What I deem to be a "hyper-liberal" environment is an environment that unquestionably prescribes to the notions perpetuated by the normally named "democratic, liberal" base of voters in the US. Point being, these are those that without question will do whatever the "democratic" base wants done.

This really hit the head on the nail the other night when I was having a conversation in ATS chat, and I read with another ATS member, all the misconceptions held about the Roman Catholic sect of Christianity. I feel that it is important to say that I am myself an athiest, and that I do not prescribe to any "faith."

The last paragraph would seem irrelevant, if it was not what brought the question to me, "what if the "right" was correct, and that the "left" was living a "1984-ish" belief system that lead them to be that the "left oceania" was at battle with the "right eurasia" when we were actually all one?

My question in a nutshell, is what if the most radical of liberal agendas, and some of the more basic (gun contol, abortion, gay rights) were simply a means to undermine what we should be aspiring to?

Now before I get hated on, and I have tried to post this so far diplomatically, and I am a gay male that despises G.W. Bush, but what if the liberal "side" that has the "answers" has only been hoodwinked into believing that the path we are going as a nation (US) is not the correct path?

This is one of the few times that I am going to lay it all bare, and really ask for respect from ATS members, but I am being open, and am curious to help form an opinion. I don't want to lose my rights with guns, I don't want to lose the right to be born, I don't want to lose the right to be who I am; however, I don't want to be the one to allow things to happen that I am against, only to disallow "the other side" from having their right to speak, too.

Any takers? I will further expand on any topic that I have covered in more detail if requested, but I am starting to wonder if the "liberal, progressive" motivation is not pushing towards the end of America as I know it.

Mods, if you feel this should be in a more appropriate forum, cool with me. I just didnt' know exactly where to post this.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
...i don't think that just because you disagree with "Liberal" opinions makes them the brainchild of some nefarious conspiracy.

have you considered that some people may have experienced life in a different fashion than yourself, and have therefore formed different opinions about what constitutes effective government?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
...i don't think that just because you disagree with "Liberal" opinions makes them the brainchild of some nefarious conspiracy.

I am not saying that all liberals are part of some nefarious conspiracy. What I am saying is "what if" people are being led to believe that the "liberal" ideas are the ones that will truly destroy the nation? Kinda like taking a David Icke book, and inverting everything said.

have you considered that some people may have experienced life in a different fashion than yourself, and have therefore formed different opinions about what constitutes effective government?

I'm sorry, I don't create posts often, and I definitely wouldn't create a post to act so ignorantly. Never once did I imply that "my views" are the only truth.

Maybe I should have put this in Skunk Works, but to let you know, I am not making posts to further a political divide. It just makes me wonder, what if?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'd like to reply to the topic niteboy but your Avatar is seriously freaking me out.

OMFG thats disturbing! LOL

top topics

join