It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops kill Afghan civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

US troops kill Afghan civilians

An incident described by US forces in Afghanistan as a "complex ambush" has left at least eight civilians dead.

The incident occurred on the road from the eastern city of Jalalabad to Pakistan when a suicide bomber targeted a convoy, sparking a fire fight.

US officials initially said 16 people had been killed. They did not explain the lower, revised death toll.

Thousands of local people took to the streets, accusing the Americans of deliberately firing on the civilians.

Separately, Nato said two British soldiers had been killed in fighting in southern Afghanistan.

*From BBC News.

Now, I know the first thing people will think is, "How could they fire on civillians"... I actually think the suicide bomber had exactly what happened in mind.

(For those of you who know me as anti-american, hold your flame posts, I'm actually not against the US on this one.)

These suicide bombers aren't just out to kill American soldiers. They also have it in mind that the US who are attacked will do exactly what they've done here, fire back.

Now I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to fire back. That would be rediculous. But this sort of event is destined to continue to happen.

The terrorists want the US to look bad. So they stage attacks like this.
I've said it many times, being there only makes the US the spark that ignites the powder keg. The US is the spark, the powderkeg is the middle east.

The ideal turnout would be for the US to successfully withdraw from the middle east... but that in itself is quite the difficult task.

It would have been nice if the US hadn't gone in there in the first place, but that's in the past and dwelling on it is only going to slow our search for a solution to this problem.

thoughts?

[edit on 4-3-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
GW Bushs freedom is still on the march. Do you think they are still out there looking for Bin Laden!!!!!!!!!

join