It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Persecution!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Before I go (leaving later today), I figured I would post this: The War with Christianity. According to this article (www.foxnews.com) Christians are being persecuted around the world. Another article (also foxnews) says that Democrats are persecuting Christians because they say the following of one God is 'intolerant'.

Here are the articles:

www.jeremiahproject.com...

Democratic Battle Plan: War with Christianity

I personally think this is crap, persecuting Christians..why Christians? What is with this?

-wD

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
And this spin is RAMPANT.

Much like all the reverse finger pointing of the RNC propaganda machine.

"Those that support Affirmitive Action are the REAL racists!"

"Those that won't allow prayer in schools are the REAL oppressors!"

"Those that help the poor are the REAL thieves of the middle class!"

"Those that support women's right's are the REAL nazis!"

Yes, yes...the war on RICH, WHITE, MALES is in full force. Please send donations to the Save Pat Robertson foundation.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Could this mean that end of the world is soon?

Its true, Christians are persecuted in pretty much 60% of the world or even more.
Its just that we don't get any news from poor countries and nobody cares about them.

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by Megaquad]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We persecute Christians all the time here!

Seriously though, in these poorer countries, (especially the food programs), they are coming in with food for the hungry, and then telling them that to get the food, they must sit through a sermon, which blatantly flies in the face of their own deeply held beliefs for eons....and you expect them to be happy about this?
Of course they are persecuted....

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We persecute Christians all the time here!

Seriously though, in these poorer countries, (especially the food programs), they are coming in with food for the hungry, and then telling them that to get the food, they must sit through a sermon, which blatantly flies in the face of their own deeply held beliefs for eons....and you expect them to be happy about this?
Of course they are persecuted....

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Aww, poor babies. You've persecuted non-believers for millennia, and once someone starts reciprocating, you cry "uncle" and whine about it?

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Yes, yes...the war on RICH, WHITE, MALES is in full force. Please send donations to the Save Pat Robertson foundation.

So all the Christians are rich whites males ? Interesting point of view. Where did you find it ? Where you found your avatar I guess....

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Christians are persecuted in regions of the world just like any other religion. If you live in a predominantly christian area, I guess you just cant see it. Go to Afghanistan and praise jesus.....I bet they would dig that.

Then after they dug that for a few seconds, they would call you an infidel and do what they are taught....kill the infidel............

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
Aww, poor babies. You've persecuted non-believers for millennia, and once someone starts reciprocating, you cry "uncle" and whine about it?

Sorry to ask this, but what are you talking about?

If you had any sense (which obviously you dont), you would realize:

People arte able to think freely. As long as they can think freely they will create their own ideas, and follow other ideas that they learn from outside themselves. This includes religion. Then human nature steps in. When people dont agree on things, they form groups with others who think like they do. The opposing groups then persecute and kill each other. It happens on both sides. It always has.

It doesnt matter when or how long a group was persecuted or persecuting. It isnt about religion anyway. Its about free will. The freedom to make choices that others disagree with. And that freedom is something im not willing to give up. So I am willing to deal with human nature.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here a music teacher removes Christmas from all Christmas songs but leaves a Hanukkah song intact.

www.foxnews.com...

Here the NYC school board bans nativity scenes but PROMOTES Jewish, Islamic symbols

www.freedomforum.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree that it is very real. But it is just a part of life, thats all.

I think the persecution is 2 sided. Or 6 sided....11 sided....whatever.

Its all just a matter of peoples opinions. They choose what they will believe, and then others disagree with it.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Granted the crusades were not good for anyone but, Christians have been persecuted ever since its creation. It was not until around AD 200 that Christianity became somewhat accepted thanks to the Roman Empire. Approximately 2,000 Christians suffered death in Jerusalem during the one year following Jesus's Death.

To this day people die for beleiving the way they wish to beleive. Everyone on the earth should be able to beleive in God, Jesus, Allah, Satan, Sam, Dick or Harry without fear of persecution from anyone but unfortunately thats not the way it is. For you to make light of this serious subject certainly shows your lack of maturity and respect for all mankind.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not lack of respect for mankind; it's lack of respect for Christians.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Not lack of respect for mankind; it's lack of respect for Christians.

-Men are respectable only as they respect.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
[Edited on 22-12-2003 by namehere]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
GOOD!and why not?
there is nothing wrong with persecuting christians.Maybe they deserve it.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Xians deserve persecution, IMO. They've been forcing their beliefs for centuries now. Even their bible tells them to stone the sinners, when they themselves are declared sinners. Maybe they should all stone each other?
They preach love and god, but show nothing but intolerance and arrogance. The worst part is, they don't even recognize their intolerance for what it is.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
GOOD!and why not?
there is nothing wrong with persecuting christians.Maybe they deserve it.

Why not persecute Blacks, Asians, Caucasions, Hispanics, epilectics, smokers, alcholics, Gay's, Lesbians, straights, foreigners, domestics. Who knows maybe they deserve it.

That has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever heard. If you feel that way I pity you.

If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is a part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Why can't we all just get along

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Maybe they should all stone each other?

In the gospel according to Bob we should all stone each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join