It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jealous of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have noticed a number of members posting your jealous of America in numerous threads on ATS but is it true.

I think that wherever you live you tend to be proud of your own country.
Most countries have good and bad points on offer with no one country being paradise so is it just childish ranting by those who cannot come up with constructive arguments to a particular discussion.

There appears to be some that think your countries capacity to destroy and kill is what makes it great. I'm sure America and its people have far more to offer than this.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You say that people are jealous, but you are promoting that America is better? Justifying that America is the most superior country ever is stupid, yes it is the greatest country in the world, but we all know what happened to the Roman empire

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

yes it is the greatest country in the world

I know a hell of alot of people that disagree with that

I believe its the people that make a country great. And I don't think there is any nation on this planet that can be called such. None of us are free. We are all controlled by the government of eachothers respectful land. Something big will have to happen for everyone to wake up and realize that the governments suppress us all, and are responsible for all the bad things that happen to us. They need to be ousted for they are corrupt in every sense. Viv la Revolution

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze

I believe its the people that make a country great. And I don't think there is any nation on this planet that can be called such. None of us are free. We are all controlled by the government of eachothers respectful land. Something big will have to happen for everyone to wake up and realize that the governments suppress us all, and are responsible for all the bad things that happen to us. They need to be ousted for they are corrupt in every sense. Viv la Revolution

And you think complete anarchy would be better? I'm sure you'd be one of the first people dialing 9-1-1 when all hell breaks loose and a crazy mob comes banging on your door! You'll wish you had a government to protect you then!

Of course no government is perfect. Of course America isn't perfect. And there is no nation of people that are greater than another. I don't think most Americans think that we're better than everyone else, either. I think we're proud of our country and believe that our country is the best place for a human being to find opportunity. I think a lot of people resent America because we're the lone superpower. We have the largest economy in the world and the most poweful military. And when you're on top, everyone else is always going to be trying to knock you down. Now that the Soviet Union has collapsed, the world is left with only one superpower to aim their hatred at- the U.S.

Anyway, to think that the world can live in peace and harmony without any form of government to enforce the rule of law is naive. I'm not saying that the world can live in peace and harmony with governments either. But I think the alternative is much, much worse than what we have now. Sadly, we live in a screwed up world. Eliminating all our governments will only make it worse. People naturally crave power and leadership, and when you take down one group of leaders there are plenty more standing in line right behind them wanting to get their hands on gavel.

Now I'm sure I'll get ripped for some of my comments, but that's fine. Fortunately, my government allows for free speech!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'm sure you'd be one of the first people dialing 9-1-1 when all hell breaks loose and a crazy mob comes banging on your door! You'll wish you had a government to protect you then!

Ive never relied on 9-1-1. My USP and group of buddies is a strong enough militia to fend off any "crazy mobs" that try to hurt my friends or family.

That was a nice rip on me, but Im not going to rip you, everyone has their opinions and should be allowed to state them freely.

I think a lot of people resent America because we're the lone superpower

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if every country was not hell bent on becoming a competing superpower. Because your country keeps claiming you are the only superpower, other countries then want more weapons to defend themselves incase that superpower attacks them.

I agree 100% with you that we live in a screwed up world, but its screwed up because of government and their level of corruption. When you speak of your economy, where do you think the most of the money if from or going to? Its weapons. Your country makes more money from selling arms than anything else. If wars are going on, then companies which produce the weapons being used make more money. War=Profit.

Peace will only happen when governments are gone and all humanity can live in peace. Thats what I mean by something big will happen. It wont be overnight, and I really don't know what it will be. Im putting my hopes in 2012 and our collective conciousness becoming one again. Maybe then we will all realize that every one of us is equal and do not need others to "govern" over us. Every law you need to follow is already embeded into you mind. Those who do evil will never see the light. Something is happening that will set us free, many can feel it already.

If nothing happens in 2012 and we stay the same, how long do you think we will last. Every country trying to be more powerful than the other. It will inevitably come to a climax. We will never last as long as our society is based on power and greed.

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze

There is a difference between "greatest" and "most powerful" as far as culture and such, I would not say America is the greatest, there are plenty of more peaceful less populated places with better culture I would love to be, but it is the most powerful and that cannot be changed. Well it can. But it wont?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I would not say America is the greatest, there are plenty of more peaceful less populated places with better culture I would love to be, but it is the most powerful and that cannot be changed. Well it can. But it wont?

If enough people wake up, change is inevitable.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No I'm not jealous of America because I live in America...
The Caribbean part of the American continent.

I'm not jealous of the United States of America either.

new topics

top topics

join