It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Christ Bunkum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by Graystar
wow You are a genius! You got it all figured out! thank goodness you came a long. What would we do with out you and your amazing deduction?!

weak sarcasm

But in all seriuosness, did you come to this amazing conclusion while smoking pot and masturbating?

and outright insults!!
hooray for the degradation of people with any different opinions. where are the mods here?

But who is being degraded? The people with different opinions, or the pot-smoking masturbaters?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
People say Christ/ god are the creators, the creators of what, the Earth our home, so if they creat therefore the opposit to that is something or someone that destroys what has been created, can man destroy the Earth no, can a natural event destroy the Earth as we know it the answer is yes.

The both of relelations describes such an event but this has been misinterpreted by many, who put modern connotations to it.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

But in all seriuosness, did you come to this amazing conclusion while smoking pot and masturbating?

just masturbating, I don't smoke pot....whahaaaaa

Why can't we concentrate on the moral and spiritual development of the human race instead of arguing over which entities to worship and the correct method to do so?

I wonder if this is all a test to see if we can ever figure it out, or destroy each other in the process?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
People say Christ/ god are the creators, the creators of what, the Earth our home, so if they creat therefore the opposit to that is something or someone that destroys what has been created, can man destroy the Earth no, can a natural event destroy the Earth as we know it the answer is yes.

The both of relelations describes such an event but this has been misinterpreted by many, who put modern connotations to it.

Although I don't fully understand your logic in the above statements, I have to disagree with one part of it...

Man can destroy the Earth...We already are.. If you disagree, then you have no understanding of ecology....

I guess you are saying that the destruction of the Earth is from natural causes? Well, that happens too....

As far as your opening post goes...

Can you please share how you have come to the conclusion that there is no creative force at work in the universe? Can you tell me how things came in to being?

Sure, the Big Bang or something like it most likely happened....

But, how do you explain the individual consciousness of humans that ultimately evolve into a unified consciousness? We all realize that we are different as individuals, but even those brought up without religion often feel that there is something that draws them to others....

I completely agree that religion is a tool often used for control and for political and social motives..... But where I disagree is your assumption that religion is completely a farce...

I do not classify myself as any one religion...This is simply because I seek my own knowledge, rather than that which was programmed into me from birth by man...

Thus, I have the right to take offense at someone who totally disregards my beliefs in a God, the God, any God.....

Might I ask also, what is your purpose for starting this thread in the first place? Do you wish for folks to stop their own journeys simply because you have chosen to end yours?

If that were the case, we would all have been automatons long ago....

At least we still have some free-thinkers......

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi Azazelus, Why did I start this thread, its because of the very thing you are concered of I want people to be free to think for themselves and not what others tell them to think or believe.

We have lost contact with Mother Earth and all that is important, the universe is teeming with life. Mainstream religion is not about this its just a tool to control our thoughts, to keep us away from using our minds as we should.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I like your avatar, Magic Mushroom.

You are taking a new tone lately. Always interesting to read your thoughts.

You spark controversy like always!

When the bibles says 666 is the number of Man, I interpet it to be Mankind in all his disfunction,. Once again, if older legends are true, man has built things up to the point that he can and will destroy life on earth.

Christ affirmed life whilst Man is killing life. That is ANTI in my opinion. Not all of mankind, of course, but those who hold power seem to misuse it.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Hi Azazelus, Why did I start this thread, its because of the very thing you are concered of I want people to be free to think for themselves and not what others tell them to think or believe.

We have lost contact with Mother Earth and all that is important, the universe is teeming with life. Mainstream religion is not about this its just a tool to control our thoughts, to keep us away from using our minds as we should.

Well, then I am all for it!

I don't think that means that a God entity doesn't exist though, and I thought that is what you were trying to say....

Have a great day!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
But who is being degraded? The people with different opinions, or the pot-smoking masturbaters?

well, when someone says this:

about the OP, that's more than a violation of the rules of ATS, i'm surprised that graystar has gone without a warn

top topics

<< 1   >>

join