It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Christ Bunkum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There ids no Christ no Allah no saviour so therefore there can be no anti Christ.
Religion is a fairy tale dreamed up by smart people who knew it could be used to control the masses.

Is Rock Music a religion, no but millions are influenced by it and follow it.

Religion is the most devisive and corrupt power there is, countless millions have suffered and died in the name of their God, why, what for.

Now we have the end of days brigade, 2012 and all that, people expecting something to happen. Well I'm sure those in powers that be will come up with some event to enthrall the weak minded and hopeless one's

There are only 2 issue's that are relevent, one is natural events that affects the Earth and everything on it the other is the minds of the corrupt and the powerful, those who wish to control the masses. They use both of of these to influence as many as possible, they either cause the event or use natural ones to say its Gods work/will.

Get rid of religion now, educate people, dont teach in school, tell the truth, expose the liers and deceivers, let it be erased from our minds. We are not born a Jew, Christian, Muslim, Budhist etc. we are born pure but our minds are corrupted at any early age.

STOP THE BRAINWASHING NOW.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ooops....too late. I wish I'd read your thread sooner; I've already been "brainwashed" into believing in fairy tales.

"Brainwashed" into thinking that Love covers many sins...

"Brainwashed" into thinking that serving others and helping the poor is better than chasing after "truth" in a world filled with deceit and "conspiracy"....

"Brainwashed" into believing I shouldnt worry about "natural events that affect the earth".....

Man, I am one brainwashed dude.

I guess my brain's pretty clean from all that washing, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2see
"Brainwashed" into thinking that serving others and helping the poor is better than chasing after "truth" in a world filled with deceit and "conspiracy"....

well, serving others and helping the poor aren't exclusive to religion or the religious. nice job at trying to covertly slam atheists

mm, i think your post is... a bit too harshly worded
but yeah, i can kind of see why after all this recent talk of "antichrist this and antichrist that" because it gets really really irritating

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2see
Ooops....too late. I wish I'd read your thread sooner; I've already been "brainwashed" into believing in fairy tales.

"Brainwashed" into thinking that Love covers many sins...

"Brainwashed" into believing I shouldnt worry about "natural events that affect the earth".....

Man, I am one brainwashed dude.

I guess my brain's pretty clean from all that washing, though.

Though we may not see eye to eye (no pun intended with your user name
)- you do have a sense of humor with your communication style.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
well, as long as we have dualism...black & white without seeing the shades of grey that make the transitions between the two...then their will always be 'christ' and 'anti-christ'.

Maybe not a person, but personified in attitude, mass-conscious, etc.
And, yes, even could be a real - albeit 'fake'/'manipulation of the population' anti-christ.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Is there a conspiracy here or is it just a general condemnation on religion in general?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

well, serving others and helping the poor aren't exclusive to religion or the religious. nice job at trying to covertly slam atheists

that was not my intention at all. It was just a response to the "harshly worded" slam on my "fairy tale" religion.

Serving others and helping the poor are indeed not exclusive to religion, but they just happen to be a staple of mine; but so many whackos take the mantle of religion for their own personal gain, which casts a negative light on it. I dont want religion in my government and schools any more than ANY atheist, trust me. They (gov/school) would only pollute it further.

and Nygdan....
I dont really see any conspiracy here, either....more like a rallying cry type of thing. But that's OK...most of the "Christian" based threads are that way as well.

and another thing....I get chastised for "covertly" slamming atheists, while the author of this thread comes out with a statement like this...

There ids no Christ no Allah no saviour so therefore there can be no anti Christ.
Religion is a fairy tale dreamed up by smart people who knew it could be used to control the masses

holy geez.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by eyes2see]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Is there a conspiracy here or is it just a general condemnation on religion in general?

well, the idea of using a figure of absolute evil in religion in and of itself can be seen as a conspiracy. now, informing the general population of the world that said figure is here on earth every other day is a lot like a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually, one looking through history notes a pattern in the idea of a nemesis one day rising up like no other nemesis and a Messianic figure coming down to stop him. You even see it time and time again in modern fantasy. It is ingrained into the human psyche. Actually, as to antichrist I don't think the Bible itself actually says specifically there will be one figurehead since it is so metaphorical.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Do we see a conspiracy here, What are people blind? Religion and the way its taught starts at infancy, other peoples beliefs ideas, lies, deceit, bigotry, hatred etc. are fed into a pure and innocent mind from this time. Why for what reason, do we teach infants math at this age or politics or world affairs no we dont so why is religion taught, it is for no other reason to corrupt and control the minds of such young and innocent people.

Its like an insideous disease that is allowed to corrupt our minds, long before we know many other things. like the peoples of the world and the world we live in our minds are already tainted. Dont people speak out against young people being brainwashed by islamofists etc.

Religion is one of the greatest conspiracies that man has been subjected to, the fact that many cannot see this is an indication of its sucess.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nasoxoron
Actually, one looking through history notes a pattern in the idea of a nemesis one day rising up like no other nemesis and a Messianic figure coming down to stop him. You even see it time and time again in modern fantasy. It is ingrained into the human psyche.

true, if you look at the works of raglan and campbell with the monomyth theory, it becomes even more apparent.

hell, once you make the manifestation of absolute good on the planet, you're going to need a manifestation of absolute evil, right?

Actually, as to antichrist I don't think the Bible itself actually says specifically there will be one figurehead since it is so metaphorical.

that's very true

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

Religion is one of the greatest conspiracies that man has been subjected to, the fact that many cannot see this is an indication of its sucess.

Well stated, MM the scary thing about some people's choice in dealing with descrepancies in that which they are taught sometimes takes the shape of them refusing to even look at information that confuses the *faith* the blind faith that needs no explaination.

I don't understand why some people will give their freewill to contemplate away to blindness, that is the faith which doesn't allow question that may lead to the need for more information.

One thing the about the Christ figure is that he did challenge the status quo of established religion. He thought for himself and redetermined the path that humans should walk.

IMO we know nothing about Christ for real so how can we know about the Anti Christ................

Some of us may know a good feeling of protection and love in our hearts, a connection with a Benevolent Caretaker, but do we know what such actually is or isn't???

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hey dont lump buddhism in there with Judaism, Christianity and Islam ok.....no buddhists ever went on a rampage forcing people to convert or waging any war in the name of buddha. Buddha is about principals and sprititual enlightenment..its not the same Brainwashing crap as other orthodox religions.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You almost have the love the irony of these "stop the brainwashing" and believe what I believe threads. Where do these people come from who believe they know what is right and what is wrong for everyone else? Even better is that if I had to put money on it I would guess the poster is a teenager. "Religion is the most divisive and corrupt power there is?" I think you got that wrong. The statement should read "HUMAN BEINGS are the most divisive and corrupt power there is. Everything else, religion, business, politics, race, etc are just all tools for the virtuous AND the wicked.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
You almost have the love the irony of these "stop the brainwashing" and believe what I believe threads. Where do these people come from who believe they know what is right and what is wrong for everyone else? Even better is that if I had to put money on it I would guess the poster is a teenager. "Religion is the most divisive and corrupt power there is?" I think you got that wrong. The statement should read "HUMAN BEINGS are the most divisive and corrupt power there is. Everything else, religion, business, politics, race, etc are just all tools for the virtuous AND the wicked.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by zerotime]

Brilliantly put.

Is Rock Music a religion, no but millions are influenced by it and follow it.

So we should get rid of rock music too right? Or some things that millions are influenced by and follow are okay, but others are wrong? Where do you draw the line?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

An arch-conservative cardinal chosen by the Pope to deliver this year’s Lenten meditations to the Vatican hierarchy has caused consternation by giving warning of an Antichrist who is “a pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist”.

Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, 78, who retired as Archbishop of Bologna three years ago, quoted Vladimir Solovyov (1853-1900), the Russian philosopher and mystic, as predicting that the Antichrist “will convoke an ecumenical council and seek the consensus of all the Christian confessions”.

The “masses” would follow the Antichrist, “with the exception of small groups of Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants” who would fight to prevent the watering down and ultimate destruction of the faith, he said.

This is where it gets REALLY scary...

Cardinal Biffi said that Christianity stood for “absolute values, such as goodness, truth, beauty”. If “relative values” such as “solidarity, love of peace and respect for nature” became absolute, they would encourage “idolatry” and “put obstacles in the way of salvation”.

So...
Solidarity leads to idolatry and is antichristian?
love of peace leads to idolatry and is antichristian?
respect for nature leads to idolatry and is antichristian?

And salvation is to be found in selfishness, isolation, warmongering, destruction of the rainforests, pesticides, genetically modified crops and global warming.

I'm glad the Christians aren't my salvation

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Actually, christianity is a big conspiracy. If you forget for a minute that my momma and grandma believed this and go back a few thousand years...you will find there was a big agenda for this religion.
CONTROL OF THE PEOPLE
A great book "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold"
www.truthbeknown.com...

This book is amazing, and will blow your mind.
Did you know there are over 300 contradictions in the bible.
skepticsannotatedbible.com...
heres another good one
biblical.justdrew.net...
Did you know that the stories of the bible were stories taken from older texts and belief systems that predate the story of Jesus and the writings of the Old and New Testament. Just look up parallels between Jesus and Mithra, Buddha, Horus, Osiris, Zoaster, krishna...and so on and so on and so on. There is no proof beyond that of the bible and writings almost 200yrs after Jesus was supposed to have lived. Council of Nicea in 325AD and Constantine who was a pagan worshipper was head of the meeting.
islamtomorrow.com...
SO, if you really research and study...get out of your tunnelvision...you will see that CHRISTIANITY IS THE BIGGEST CONSPIRACY EVER!!!

Watch this video, Its not only entertaining but educational.
Part 1 www.youtube.com...
Part 2 www.youtube.com...
Part 3 www.youtube.com... Parallel Gods
Part 4 www.youtube.com...

But don't listen to me....cuz Jesus the all loving son of God will send you to a burning pit of fire for all eternity.
So, as the bible says...SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND.

May the Lord Bless you and Keep you. AMEN

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy.

Everythings a conspiracy these days, isn't it?

John 18:38
"What is truth?"

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
wow You are a genius! You got it all figured out! thank goodness you came a long. What would we do with out you and your amazing deduction?!

But in all seriuosness, did you come to this amazing conclusion while smoking pot and masturbating?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
wow You are a genius! You got it all figured out! thank goodness you came a long. What would we do with out you and your amazing deduction?!

weak sarcasm

But in all seriuosness, did you come to this amazing conclusion while smoking pot and masturbating?

and outright insults!!
hooray for the degradation of people with any different opinions. where are the mods here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join