It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo from McDonald's Corp. to the Prince of Wales: We are not amused.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Memo from McDonald's Corp. to the Prince of Wales: We are not amused.

Source Link: www.thanhniennews.com

McDonald's said on Wednesday it was disappointed by Britain's Prince Charles' statement that the hamburger chain should be banned, adding that the heir to the British throne was unfamiliar with its recent efforts to introduce healthier fare.

Earlier this week, Britain's Prince Charles suggested during a visit to the Imperial College London Diabetes Center in Abu Dhabi that McDonald's, often criticized over its high-fat menu choices, should be banned.

"Have you got anywhere with McDonald's? Have you tried getting it banned? That's the key," the prince said to a nutritionist at the center.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I am not sure wheter to start a new thread on Mcdonald's reply or to add this on the last "ban mc donald's "thread:

ATS related thread - Prince Charles: 'Ban McDonald's for better health'

Since the issue here is the official reply of mc donalds, and I believe any feeback will be something different. I just thought that this worth of starting a new thread. However, if Mods think that this is not the case, please close this thread.[

[edit on 3-3-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

including the introduction of fruit, carrot sticks, salads and organic milk."

from the article.

ha. That's a joke. Their salads are almost 1000 calories, and I'm pretty sure their fruit is either covered in pesticides or if their pre-packaged, have TONS of added sugar. I won't even get into the milk thing.

I wonder if McDonalds will ever sell a full vegan meal ranging from 300-500 calories.
I won't hold my breath.

McDonald's should have just stated, "Yeah, we sell unhealthy sh!t. But people buy it, so we're gonna keep selling it!" At least then they'd be honest.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
and I'm pretty sure their fruit is either covered in pesticides or if their pre-packaged, have TONS of added sugar. I won't even get into the milk thing.

how the < BEEP > fo you " add sugar " to a piece of fruite ??????????????????

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne
and I'm pretty sure their fruit is either covered in pesticides or if their pre-packaged, have TONS of added sugar. I won't even get into the milk thing.

Ever hear of a raisin?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Ever hear of a raisin?

yes i have ........ and they have NO ADDED sugar

the reason the sugar content of a raisin is so hi is because it has all the sugars which were in a grape , which was errr grape szed ........ and after drying ......... the raisin is well DOH! raisin sized - with the same amount of sugars

so the sugars / 100gms is bound you go up
- grapes are > 90% water , raisins < 5%

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Canned or Fresh? Canned can be a whole nuther ball game.

Just sayin...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Canned or Fresh? Canned can be a whole nuther ball game.

Just sayin...

Exactly what I was saying.

I'm pretty sure fruit doesn't go from the grove into your bag of McD's food. It's processed, canned, and probably a year a old (well, that's exaggeration, but you get my point). Canned fruit almost always has added sugar, if not salt, artificial flavors and colors. In fact, I've even seen Gelatin in Planter's Peanuts. Why the 'F' would you put boiled animal parts on peanuts in a factory?!

McDonalds food will never be healthy. They'd lose too much money, or the cost would skyrocket.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the off the cuff remarks by the prince have been totally taken out of context. After all, how often does each and every one of us say something similiar about something we don't like. The guy's entitled to an opinion and it wasn't exactly a speech he was giving, just a comment to a local.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I think the off the cuff remarks by the prince have been totally taken out of context. After all, how often does each and every one of us say something similiar about something we don't like. The guy's entitled to an opinion and it wasn't exactly a speech he was giving, just a comment to a local.

Yeah, but he has a platform that no-name people like us don't have, and when someone like him makes a comment publicly, he should know it will be transmitted everywhere by the media. This sounds exactly like the kind of mistake John Kerry would do.

Anyway, I don't think anyone goes to McDonalds for their high-quality fruits and salads, although they do offer it now. Still, I don't want any government agency banning a hamburger and fries! I wanna eat my double-quarter-pounder w/cheese and fries whenever I want to, thank you very much!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Maybe soon there will be another new thread on this story, titled "McDonalds ban Prince of Wales"

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
Maybe soon there will be another new thread on this story, titled "McDonalds ban Prince of Wales"

Wouldn't make much difference! The guy is an organic fan and I do believe he may be a veggetarian.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What's the problem? No one likes cardboard hamburgers? Billions and billions (ala Carl Sagan) served and they haven't used a thousand pounds of beef yet.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Welllll......Not too sure I set a real high store on Charles' opinions......Isn't he the one who thought it would be nice if he could be Camilla's ( shudder ) .......fem hygeine item....( or is that another urban myth??)

Anyway, the Brits are pretty good at coming up with a plate full of greasy foods......bangers and mash, fish and chips. Eat those every day and your waist line and heart valves will look just as bad....

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Anyway, the Brits are pretty good at coming up with a plate full of greasy foods......bangers and mash, fish and chips. Eat those every day and your waist line and heart valves will look just as bad....

that is such a stereotype

we have moved down the health route now, we have even created legislations against the likes of McDonalds advertising against kids...

But we in the UK tend to ignore Charlie boy, especially after he caught with a male servant

[edit on 3-3-2007 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Not directed at anyone personally here,but is there a reason why we should care what mcdonalds thinks? Seriously, everyone knows they aren't healthy. The name "McDonald's" is synonymous with "fat,obese,UNHEALTHY" . The same as Wal-Mart is synonymous with "cheap,crap,breaks easily, made in China".

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I say there should be a waiver signed that you waiver any health coverage after eating fast food. If you have a heart attack and eat fast food you just shouldn't be covered. Same with smokers. If you smoked and got heart disease, you shouldn't be covered at all.

Other than the negative effects these obese mcdonald's customers have on health care and such, I see no reason to ban it. If it kills them, it kills them. That is their own fault. It was their choice to eat this garbage over the course of years, now take responsibility. I don't get why we are suppose to save peoples lives from their own stupidity. If some one screws up, thats their own fault. No one should have to support their stupidity by force of government taxes.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
banning mcdonalds,

I'm 100% in agreement with doing that.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
this little bit of lyrics seems to be appropriate here:

"This is a coalition to ban coalitions I ain't a politician but I've got views
Some folks want to ban cars some want to get rid of Fender guitars
Why don't you do your thing and we do our thing too
Now they want to take my cigarettes and all my good whiskey
And these damn coalitions they're after you and me
They want to get rid of my forty fours and all the R rated films
If they only knew how much we'd all love to get rid of them"

you tell em hank.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hank is rarely wrong about anything. He may well be a member here. I know Toby Keith is. At least when I was a child, there were no McDonalds to complain about. In fact, there was no fast food at all.....

[edit on 4-3-2007 by TheAvenger]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join