It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have just started watching fear factor, a programme where you have to undertake various tasks to win money. Every week they have to eat something really disgusting. So far i have seen them eat reindeer tesicles, 100 year old eggnogg , Live esgargo (giant snails) and worst of all bulls eyes and tesicles which were huge! They were really heaving, but amazingly no-one spewed.
I just wondered if anyone here has eaten anything really strange and how did it taste?
The strangest thing I ever tried was squid ,which was like eating a rubber band, ohhh and the odd fly when I forgot to shut my mouth on my pushbike

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Goat's eye soup...(though I took out the eyes....the soup itself actually wasn't bad..)

You should see the average Saudi Arabian meat market, hehe... It was kind of a game with my dad to come home with some of the weirdest meat/dish ideas he could find...

You mentioned squid....but have you ever tried fried octopus? Oddly enough, it has a taste similar to chocolate ice cream, but it's hot....really weird....

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't mind a bit of taste bud tantalising.

Scorpion soup (China)
Caterpillar stew (Zambia)
Crocodile pizza (regular at a local pizzeria)
Ostrich steak on chocolate cake (wild food festival)

and I like raw habaneros. I show off eating them. What a dick.

:w:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
the 'REAL' version of haggis

Offal (heart, lungs, kidneys)
wheat and barley
spices
some small fat pieces

IN ORGINIAL SKIN

either that SharkFin soup

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
the 'REAL' version of haggis

Offal (heart, lungs, kidneys)
wheat and barley
spices
some small fat pieces

IN ORGINIAL SKIN

either that SharkFin soup

Mmmmm...haggis.

Funny how when you try things that sound disgusting, they often turn out to be not that bad. It's just fear of trying something new.

Fried octopus and squid are good. Squid tastes like chicken, only it's tougher to chew.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I don't mind a bit of taste bud tantalising.

Scorpion soup (China)
Caterpillar stew (Zambia)
Crocodile pizza (regular at a local pizzeria)
Ostrich steak on chocolate cake (wild food festival)

and I like raw habaneros. I show off eating them. What a dick.

:w:

You have actually eaten these things??
what did the ostrich taste like ?? chicken??
its the caterpillars that I would have a problem with. What do they taste like?
And what are habaneros?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You eat habaneros MA!!!! WOW those are the hottest peppers. They once had to eat that on fear factor. It was the championship episode, so of course not the only thing the guy had to eat.

I will list some strange things i have eaten.

some random part of a fish. Do not know what it was, but I was fishing and the people who clean the fish said i could have some of the insides.

I caught a fish and licked it then ate some of the scales. They did not taste very good.

I once put milk and jelly beans in a blender. It tasted really bad. There were big chunks of jelly beans.

I have drunk tobasco sauce.

I have taken a thing of crushed red peppers and eaten them.

I also ate a whole crawfish. I did not know how to get the stuff out of the inside so I ate everything including the shell.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
pantha

Yes, of course I have eaten those things. No big deal. Nothing like The Freshman.

Habaneros are the chillis that go off the Scoville scale into 300,000 heat territory. The hottest chillis on the planet. Up till recently I grew my own.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
(Channelling ktpr)

I wanted a Slurpee (from 7-11). I saw one on the street. I picked it up and sipped it. I spat it out reaaaal quick. It was cold urine.

When I was a kid I loved butter. So I ate a whole stick of raw butter. It got kinda nasty about half way through

For dinner I often have rice beans and spam, but that's not that strange.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DramaQueen

I wanted a Slurpee (from 7-11). I saw one on the street. I picked it up and sipped it. I spat it out reaaaal quick. It was cold urine.

ewwwwwww

Isn't urine supposed to be good for you? Your own I mean not just any old tom dick or harry's that has been left in the street.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I forgot a couple of things!!

I have put ketchup and mustard in my soda.

I mixed: baked beans, ketchup, mustard, and strawbarries.

I will almost eat any thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
so basically you are a human waste disposal unit then.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No, not a human waist disposal. I do not like many vegetables.

I also once ate part of a dog bone treat. It was really disgusting.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I've had various forms of squid and i've never really liked any of it, though the tentacle salad i had from a local grocery store was ok for a little while, and then it started tasting bad (you know how some food does that?)

I also went to a Chinese place in Georgia and they had these little fried octopus (well they were advertised as octopi, they were the same shape as octopi but were the size of spiders so maybe that's what they were lol) but they were actually really good, especially dipped in ketchup

I want to try :
Escargo
Sharkfin soup (i do not support the way they treat the sharks but i want to try it once just to see why they do it)
Puffer fish (though the only way i'll be willing to do that is by going to Japan and find some guy that's been doing it for 60 years with only 2 fatalities, gotta be careful with that one)

for those of you that do not know, puffer fish is highly poisonous and has to be prepared in a special way that is extremely difficult to get perfect, and if it's not 100 percent perfect, it will kill you

I saw this program on the National Geographic channel about this place in Asia (i forget which country) that serves grilled cobra (which by itself isn't a problem, i'd like to try snake meat) but the appetizer that comes with it is the bile and blood and other body fluids (exempting of course the venom) raw out of the snake, now i'm one of those people that will always try anything once, no matter what it is, but even for me that's just to
for me to ever try. I'll do the snake meat, but not the uh juice

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've eaten a buffalo burger, very nice i must say. Thats about the only strange thing i've eaten though besides maybe seafood. But i love seafood Yummm

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
In france, they give us in schoolar restaurant :

Beef tongue (
)

Sheep brain (re-
)

(But I never ate some since I leaved school
)

-----------------------------------------------------

A very fine speciality (instead of the escargot) is something called Sivelle or Piballe and its...a eel larvaes salad... Spanishes love that, like they love octopussy cooked in his own ink.

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:59 AM
link   
squid, or calamari is absolutely divine when prepared properly!

ok strangest thing I have ever eaten.....

emu
kangaroo
crocodile

and sea slug! I
on that one! stayed down for all of 2 seconds..........

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
is alligator weird? all the cajun places serve it around here, its real good

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I was at a nice bar with my uncle about 4 yrs ago and they had some good sushi that night. I cant really complain about most of it except for the raw octupus, it was a whole baby octopus.

Think of jello mixed with rawhide and seafood. Though luckily the Wasabi killed most of my taste buds.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wild boar (Australian) steak with Australian Pine needle sauce. Believe it or not, it was really delicious.

Tripe and beans from the local Jamaican restaurant once. It's like eating an inner tube. They have the best Jerk Chicken I've ever had. Yummy. Very hot. Lots of Scotch Bonnet peppers in it !!

I've had all sorts of "exotic" meat; rattlesnake, buffalo, gator, elk, moose and squirrel. (tasted like Rocky and Bullwinkle)

Mountain Oysters. My grandpa got them at a restaurant in Texas on a family trip.
He didn't tell me until afterward what they were. Believe it or not, they were actually good.
Deep fry anything in buttermilk batter and it's probably edible.
Click here for an article about the poor downtrodden Mountain Oyster.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join