It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth Growing (Expanding)? (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This video is visual evidence of something I've always wondered. In science class when they would show us Pangea, and how all the continents used to fit together I always wondered; "well they look like they would fit together the other way too..." (squished into the pacific instead of the atlantic/indian ocean side).

Here are some of the questions I'm sure you'll have and the possible answers I've come up with:

Question: Where did all the water come from then? Where was it in the beginning?
Answer: Well, the whole surface of the earth would have been covered with water... lending truth to evolutionary theory in that; in the beginning, all life was in the water... not because that's just how it happened, but because there was no dry land. Land creatures would only evolve once the earth had expanded enough to cause the water to thin out enough for land to form.

Question: What is causing the expansion? What is the engine behind it?
Answer: This is a tough one, but a couple explanations i've come up with are either a "foaming" effect in the rock (mantle) as it cools over time, or a crystalization process during cooling such as in water when it freezes (water expands as it freezes).

Other Implications:
If the surface is expanding, then the sea levels will continue to fall wether the ice caps melt or not.

Gravitational affect on the surface decreases over time.

Days get longer as time goes on.

etc...

I'm not presenting this as hard-core fact, but rather as a very thought provoking theory, please let me know what you think.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Greyhaven7]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you will follow the link provided to Neal Adams web site that he has established to defend and explain this theory. There our a lot of other good videos that can be viewed.

The link is www.nealadams.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is an interesting theory, but I think the only way the Earth is expanding is through the rapid rise in population.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven7

Question: Where did all the water come from then? Where was it in the beginning?
Answer: Well, the whole surface of the earth would have been covered with water... lending truth to evolutionary theory in that; in the beginning, all life was in the water... not because that's just how it happened, but because there was no dry land. Land creatures would only evolve once the earth had expanded enough to cause the water to thin out enough for land to form.

i was watching a show and it said that water got here when a meteor shower made of mostly ice evaporated into our atmosphere.

but your theory could be true.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Earth isn't expanding. Neal Adams is a FABULOUS artist, but he napped through science (and chemistry and geology) all during his career. His statement that 'geodes grow' is also wrong ... as are so many other things on the site.

Great art, though. Always loved his black and white work. Hated that bee commercial, however.

-------------
I should explain a bit more. He assumes (wrongly) that the continent shape never changed and has no clue about the changes in coastline produced when the Earth's ice all melts (as it has in the past) or freezes to a considerable degree. He has no idea that the ground is formed of layers of rock of different types (I would wager he has no idea what's beneath his feet).

He has no idea how the formation of limestone beds (like here in Texas) show that large stretches of the land were underwater at one time. He has no idea how fossils tell us when continents were connected and when they separated. He has no understanding of how different types of rock are formed.

To him, the Earth is just one big ball of granite.

He shouldn't have slept through science class if he wants to comment on science. These are mistakes that no junior high student would make... at least not one who kept awake during Earth Science class.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Byrd]

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join