It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my printer haunted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I am currently writing a report when my printer just now tried to print my work three times without my command. The last two were both ordered at the same time meaning it was going to print it and print the same again.

Is this paranormal activity? Or is it only my imagination?

[edit on 1-3-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My printer sometimes like to print 100+ test papers for no reason. Just blame HP for making sub-par printing technology

Also this is in the wrong forum, should be moved to Paranormal

[edit on 1-3-2007 by FudgeStix]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I blame lexmark and I even thought I turned it off too.

I realized that and already asked a mod to move it-my mistake

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's doing it again! It did that once I exited out of print preview, that may have something to do with it.

Wasting all my paper UGH!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Make sure your "Printer Queue" is empty.

Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Printers and Faxes"

Click on the name of your printer, if there is anything qued for printing, it will show up there.

1 and a half cents.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I did that and that's how I cancelled the two that were in the queue.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Or just a brain wave - you could possibly have a hacker remotly controling your computer?
I'd make sure your firewalls up to date and do a virus/spywear and adwear scan just incase ^^

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Its a driver issue with your printer. I've seen that happen a million times.

1) Reinstall your printer drivers

2) Reinstall Wincrap again so it can replace the core system files related to the printing process. These files and registry entries can be replaced but you really have to know the inner working of windows.

3) make sure you don't have trojans/viruses on your computer. Trojans allow other people to connect to your computer and they have built in features that will allow them to do things like print, take screenshots, and a whole lot more.

I know reinstalling windows isn't ideal but most times its easier then actually trying to figure out why windows sucks.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by leafer]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That is the funniest thread title I've heard for quite a while.

I remember someone saying something similar about their microwave though until a simple explanation was found.
I hope that when I die, my soul doesn't get stuck in an electrical appliance.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No, I did not think this was from paranormal causes. The print button is right next to the print preview button which may be my answer. But the only way I could of pressed the print button was by clicking too much. The problem is that it printed after I closed print preview and not before.

My printer driver is also ages old, and I cannot find an update for it.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
That is the funniest thread title I've heard for quite a while.

I remember someone saying something similar about their microwave though until a simple explanation was found.
I hope that when I die, my soul doesn't get stuck in an electrical appliance.

Ditto.

I don't think a printer can be haunted, just faulty. Unless it prints out cryptic images or letters. Even then, a hacker or a malfunction would be more reasonable than a spirit stuck in a printer.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
From an ex printer repairer perspective, it most likely will be the mainboard or power surges! Typically wouldnt be software.
Most likely Hp.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think it was a power surge and what do you mean by Hp downunder666?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
...hmmm, is your printer haunted??

Well...that depends if you've financed it or paid for it in full. If you've financed it I heard that if you miss any payments then the goods may get re-possessed

[edit on 9-3-2007 by alien]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
*Bump*

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I got my printer free with my pc package.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is your printer hooked up to a wireless network?

I have the Apple Airport Extreme Wireless Router, and it's got a USB port in the back. I hooked up my HP PSC -randomseriesofnumbers ( I don't know what it's called) and you can access my printer if you are on my network.

If you have a wireless network, with no security settings, then there could be someone accessing your network and fiddling with your printer.

If not, then you've got a weird printer.

THR

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Anyone heard of the printer cache?

Its the printers internal memory, jobs are stored in this memory,

it needs to be cleared,

and as someone said remove & reinstall drivers also.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
Is your printer hooked up to a wireless network?

If you have a wireless network, with no security settings, then there could be someone accessing your network and fiddling with your printer.

THR

I have a wireless connection but not on my printer.

I have the best encryption I can get for my wireless connection.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What is your printer actually attempting to print (forgive me if you already said this)?

If it's an ink recalibration page, then there is something wrong with your printer.
If it is actual words, then there are probably items remaining in your printer queue that can be removed.

If you have removed them, and you still have this error, then the firmware installed on your printer is probably corrupt and you should return it.

Hope this helps,

THR

top topics

<<   2 >>

join