It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these symbols mean anything? Look familiar?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
IMHO there is no such thing as a meaningless doodle.

If someone is driven to produce a design, even if it is allowed to develop without conscious thought, there is always a reason why it takes the shape it does.

We prefer to dismiss such idle drawing as useless, not because it is useless, but because we are too lazy to interpret the design.

If the human mind creates, it is always insightful toward the mind which created it.

In the drawings supplied by the OP, I see references to the Tree of life (Kabbalah);

another symbol which reminds me loosely of one I might have seen in a movie;

and another which could possibly be related to both the symbol for radiation or biohazard;

In other words, they seem related to pre-existing symbols.

Symbols also could have more power that only meaning;

Most symbols, especially religious symbols, are considered positive as long as people associated with them believe in them and are in sympathy with their origins and traditions. One can of course make up one's own symbols with positive energies depending upon one's own beliefs and values. The choice is unlimited.

On the other hand, a symbol is considered to have a negative effect, if the intentions are dishonest. For instance, let us assume you have decided to wear around your neck a Christian symbol such as a Cross or a Hindu symbol of Om or a Jewish star. This symbol, according to ancient Indian wisdom, will have a negative effect if you are only wearing it as a piece of decorative jewellery rather than as an object that reflects your faith or belief.
www.fengshuiseminars.com...

For fun and entertainment; www.symbols.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
As a genetically engineered hybrid, our cross between the human and alien species, you are suppose to maintain a low status.

We will be over to collect you soon, we will have to disect you to find out what went wrong..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deleted personal insult

[edit on 2/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Why are you wasting people's time with your stupid little "doodles?" Everyone has drawn some pointless little images on their school papers before... what does it have to do with Aliens/UFOs?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Why are you wasting people's time with your stupid little "doodles?" Everyone has drawn some pointless little images on their school papers before... what does it have to do with Aliens/UFOs?

Don't be so mean.

One person's trash is another person's treasure. Maybe the poster feels that some of these images have special meaning to him in some way.

If you feel drawn to repeat certain drawings it could be your sub conscience attempting to gain your awareness. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ok, so maybe the drawings have special meaning to him. That's nice. So I ask again, what does it have to do with Aliens/UFOs?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Ok, so maybe the drawings have special meaning to him. That's nice. So I ask again, what does it have to do with Aliens/UFOs?

No one really knows, do they?

We can only speculate. Some people believe that higher knowledge can be percieved thru symbols and geometry.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just some doodles

Triforce, logotypes, lines, dots and triangles, many triangles... And those that look like the tree of life just look like it, there are a lot of differences

The only ones that actually look interesting are the last one that actually resembles Hebrew letters... But yeah those are probably some automatic writing, maybe you even saw that somewhere and picked it up from memory (you don't need to be consciously aware of the letters to do that)... Other than that just doodles, and dots connected by lines.

Sorry to say... You are normal u.u

But I still don't know what this have to do with UFO...

--I doodle a lot, everyone does it, and some of mine could be confused with ultra cryptic ancient mystical symbols, and some of them actually are, but I don't count, I actually study those XD--

(this thing is eating my post dammit O.o)

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Raziel89]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

If you feel drawn to repeat certain drawings it could be your sub conscience attempting to gain your awareness. Who knows?

Seriously

Although this might get more views in a forum other than Aliens & UFOs. Skunk Works maybe?

I'm an inveterate doodler myself (and paper napkin shredder, but that's another story). Some of those doodles look very familiar to me, too. The more geometric, straight-line ones, specifically. I have -0- artistic talent, but whenever I'm in a meeting or situation where I'm equipped with pen and paper, doodles happen.

I think it's an interesting topic.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Those are some nice doodles... whether there's anything significant about it I can't say. You've obviously got a thing for geometry.

I doodle all the time as well, and am interested in symbols and what they mean. My avatar was the evolution of a particular symbol I've felt an attachment to for a long time.

You might be interested in this collection of symbols. Perhaps you'll find some answers there.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Fascinating, though you should be paying attention in class! xD

Ok there are a few symbols that do look familiar to me. The loops symbol reminds me of the "Monster eye logo". The X symbol reminds me of Xbox. Perhaps these things are just a conscious collective of the things you have seen. As for the triangles, though out history they have been known to represent many things, negative as well as positive. For example the triangle is seen as spiritual, enlightenment etc.

Kudos to the drawings.

8th

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow, great responses everybody. For the people who only come here to whine, maybe your having a bad day and need to let off some steam. If you took the time to actually read my post you would have saw that I wrote I wasn't sure if this was the right thread.

I'm not saying I'm an alien, I'm not saying this has anything to do with UFO's, and I'm not saying I'm being channeled or anything like that. As I mentioned before maybe this weekend I'll rummage through some older papers and find the 'good' ones.

I still find the Hebrew letters very interesting though! If somebody would PM me and identify the symbols or letters then I can do more independent research. I agree with most of you that a lot of these are simple doodles, but a few of the ones I draw seem like a lot more. It dosent mean they are, but I'm taking a shot to see if anybody had recognized them. And you did! I'm going to look up the Tree of Life thing right now and try to find those symbols in Hebrew..

Once again, thanks everybody who responded whole heartedly and tried to help me out!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Based on the doodle samples, looks like you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), an obsession with organizing things (symmetrical dot patterns connected by straight lines) and doodling the same symbols repeatedly, even with mock numbers to designate "order"...

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think ive seen one of those symbols on google earth. Somewhere in Nevada i believe, looks like it was carved into the ground.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Based on the doodle samples, looks like you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), an obsession with organizing things (symmetrical dot patterns connected by straight lines) and doodling the same symbols repeatedly, even with mock numbers to designate "order"...

— Doc Velocity

Oh, absolutely. Even early man had that OCD problem tens of thousands of years ago.

Maybe they were trying to create order out of chaos as well.

Or maybe they were shamanic symbols of entoptics...

UPPER PALAEOLITHIC EVIDENCE

The evidence of entoptic images during the Upper Palaeolithic is abundant. This chapter will not be divided into entoptic form sub-groups, as I have done in the Neolithic section which follows. The Upper Palaeolithic will be treated as a whole, and the evidence from different countries will be illustrated sequentially thus: the U.S.S.R., Siberia and the Ukraine; Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway and Finland); Bulgaria; Spain; France; Germany; Belgium; Italy; Jordan; Israel and India.

Figure 12a below, from Skjomen (after Shetelig, Falk and Gordon 1937:101. fig. 5). This illustration depicts a geometric pattern from a rock carving. Replication of chevrons which in turn are fragmentations of entoptic IVa. Figure 12b below, from Jätteböle, Åland (after Shetelig, Falk and Gordon 1937: Plate 13). This is a clay figurine, engraved with dots, which form entoptic Ib. Figure 12c below, from Eliseyevichi, Siberia (after Marshack 1979:283, fig. 27). The image is predominantly composed of zig-zags (entoptic IVa), but also has a branched motif.

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BBCode fix

[edit on 2/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Tell me what you think that they mean, if you have any idea. In the meantime I think that this article may be of interest to you and your symbols.

www.golden-lamp.com

It is specifically about "Reversing the terms" of "Turn the other cheek" to encompass a Roman NWO. I'll think about your symbols a bit more. Thx.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I can best explain by directing you to an article:

www.golden-lamp.com

Check it out. There is a video too.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Those two look like chemical bonds and structure. I'll take a look in my chemistry textbook.
What classes do you take and tend to doodle most in?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8th

I'm not saying I'm an alien, I'm not saying this has anything to do with UFO's, and I'm not saying I'm being channeled or anything like that. As I mentioned before maybe this weekend I'll rummage through some older papers and find the 'good' ones.

The statement about you not saying you are an alien has me wondering. Wouldn't you know if you were?

I suggest that you hold on to these symbols. I was actually qiite facinalted with them. In fact, they caught my eye right away.

I am quite puzzled how you got these symbols, that's why I won't say more.

Here's what I will tell you. You will know what some of them mean in the next year or two. And..........there are no aliens.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

This interests me most.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
IMHO there is no such thing as a meaningless doodle.

We prefer to dismiss such idle drawing as useless, not because it is useless, but because we are too lazy to interpret the design.

Bravo, Masqua. Symbols are the perfect language if you are able to find the key to unlock the mysteries of what is being represented.

I loved one other line that you posted in this thread.

"Maybe they were trying to create order out of chaos as well."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join