It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read all you Indigo and ADD/ADHD people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have a theory on all this indigo children outbreak.

And it can link in with ADD/ADHD or other mental illnesses.

Read the indigo requirements...

Have strong self esteem, connection to source
Have an obvious sense of self
Refuse to follow orders or directions
Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks
Are rather creative
Display strong intuition
Have either strong or no empathy for others
Develop abstract thinking very young
Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent
Are often identified or suspected of having ADHD
Are frequent daydreamers
Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes

Now the main part i want to point out is the ADHD part because all of the requirements of ADHD/ADD are in effect exactly identical.

And the more you read into it and link them both up the majority of people will say yeah its ADD/ADHD.

The main problem here is people that are "diagnosed" with ADHD/ADD are diagnosed because at some point in their lives they will have to conform to our societies expectations,get a job,earn lots of money,go to university,get their own home,have children etc.

If they cannot do this then if you went to see a psychiatrist yourself or get sent to one by a family member/spouse etc and you say you have problems paying attention to things you do not find interesting or fun then you will probably be diagnose with this "made up mental illness" they call ADHD (in a child) or (ADD) in an adult, also note that this is the ONLY "mental illness" that can be carried on from being a child and into adult life?

Think about this.

Let me explain more, what did you most want to do as a child?

Thats right you want to have FUN,EXPLORE everything,your IMAGINATION is wild,youve just been born into this world and you are able to explore the wonders of life.

Then reality hits you, your parents punish you for always playing on the computer,they punish you when you want to explore more than the front of your home,they punish you for... thats right almost EVERYTHING that is FUN.

Im not saying every parent is like this but the majority of cities,towns,states etc are its a hard fact to accept but its true. Especially to the ones with ADD/ADHD.

The reason why this "mental illness" exists is because the adults needed something to control there children with when the children start to fight back because they are not allowed to have fun.

They need a way to fight back.

One way they will try is to physically fight back.

Another way is to verbally fight back.

Another way is to become withdrawn,which i call emotionally fighting back.

If fighting does not work (you get beaten back)

If verbal fighting doesnt work (you get shouted at back more daily)

If emotional fight back doesnt work (you get dragged to see a pshrink and have someone try to understand you who doesnt because no one understands you)

Youve had your computer taken off you,your parents shout at you daily if you do something slightly wrong/or you are physically abused because you raged your parents when you ran around like a lunatic.

You dont understand why you are not allowed to have much fun as you want.

And thats where this ends.

Its got to the point where children are being drugged with medication to treat disorders that are not disorders,you cant change the nature of children wanting to have fun, that is what god created us for...

To enjoy life,to have fun like a child does,to love one another but the mass society doesnt accept this because they have also been through what you are going through/or have been through, if they have then why shouldnt you have to?

This also applies to some adults aswell, there is no such thing as ADD or ADHD its just the way children are meant to be and because its got to the point where most parents cannot control there children physically,verbally/mentally and the very last defence they have is the most important aspect of being a human,thats right...

Our Emotions.

We are not alive if we dont have emotions (we can be controlled), and the sad fact is we are trying to be controlled with one of gods most precious gifts that he has given us,the thing that makes us feel happy,makes us sad,makes us excited.

If there was a world without emotions then we would just be robots taking orders.

Now the last defense we can think of is to use our emotions, and this can be controlled through medication and psychotherapy etc

So whats left?

Thats right...our SOUL/SPIRIT.

It has got to the point where our only defense is the thing that make us well... US.

And thats why the indigo children and many other theories have come to surface, it gives these people a hope that the world isnt really as it seems and they are right the world is not as it seems.

Our spirits WILL break through into the physical world and that is where the FUN starts.

Its not a matter of "IF" because its happening to people right now, its just a matter of "WHEN" and the people who think only materialistic things can make them happy (money,big house big cars,sexy with who is only with him for his money and doesnt give one if she hurts him etc) and they go through life wrecking peoples lives to get this goal but they will never achieve it because in the long run only people who understand that LOVE is the answer to being happy will succeed.

Indigo children is just the same as a religion, many more will appear that are spiritual in a "cool" way that can help fight back to get this world FUN as god intended.

By the way i dont have a religion,im not christian,jew or belong to any of the new age religions.

But i do believe there is a god and i do believe that this change has to happen to fight back and make this world a better place.

Sorry for any mistakes anywhere i dont have time to review what i have wrote.

Take care.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by markjaxson]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hmm... To be completely honest I really do believe I fit into the Indigo set. However, the very first thing I'm going to say is that the theories that we are here to "change the world" is... Well... It's complete crap IMO. I've been to psychologists and brought to them the idea of being Indigo, and they usually say that it's not much of a categorization and the rumours about it probably aren't true, but if it does exist than I definitely fit. And then paid a rather large wad of cash for the time, but that's beside the point.

Anyway I'm hoping to add some insight here, mostly with relevance to the requirements.

Have strong self esteem, connection to source: I wouldn't really say connection to source, but the self esteem is really a factor. I constantly find myself imagining my self doing things and when I try them for the first time I seem to have the feeling that I really can do these things. Whether I can or not changes from activity to activity, but when I first try it I usually have a strong feeling of confidence.

Have an obvious sense of self: Oh, I have loads of fun with people on this one. My favorite line to use when people ask me who I am is one taken from the Star Wars New Jedi Order series: "I don't have to know who I am, all I have to do is choose". It sounds lame because it comes from a Star Wars book, yeah. But still the line really does stick out and it has meaning for me. It just seems to me that rather than slipping into a role for which I am supposedly destined ("finding out who I really am"), I should rather be able to choose, or at least influence, what I become ("All I have to do is choose").

Refuse to follow orders or directions: Yeah, I'll do this from time to time. But I won't refuse just any order. If it's just something small and insignificant, heck, I might as well do it. But if it's an order that just doesn't make logical sense then usually I'll demand an explanation or reason (rarely given). If I can come up with no good reason that I should do something like what was asked I'll either ignore the order or just do the job in whatever way I see most beneficial, whether it achieves the intended goal or not. And I'm fairly stoic when it comes to these things; without that reason there simply isn't any way to make me do it your way without force.

Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks: Another one that is sometimes the case but not always. If the task requires a great deal of skill or effort, then I'll do it. It keeps me doing something. But if the task is something a trained chimp could do, then yes, I will get bored. Quickly. I've absolutely no ability to work at fast-food places or coffee places like Starbucks. I have absolutely no patience for the continual asking of "Would you like to Supersize that?". That and the stupid paper hats you are usually required to wear are just... Yeah.

Are rather creative: As far as creativity goes, I think that I could be creative if I had the time. I've tried writing, drawing, and other "creative" stuff many times with a good amount of success, but usually I just don't have time to continually participate in such things. I have no problem with being creative, but when I do these things I take a long time to even finish one piece. A drawing on a normal sheet of letter paper could take up 2 weeks for me to do because I love attending to detail. Ditto for writing, 3 pages just describing the setting of an area. But as far as creativity goes I really do like thinking out of the box and doing things I haven't done before if the activity is something I have time to do now and then.

Display strong intuition: Of all the criteria this one has stuck out at me probably the most. When I do/try something new I constantly find myself already knowing how to do it. Example, when I took Tae Kwon Do classes my teacher said that the spinning hook kick was one of the most difficult to do properly. On the first kick I tried (also notably feeling the confidence I described on the first point) the coach told me it was the best hook kick he'd ever seen and asked if I was in Karate (which I've never done). Another piece of the intuition is a perception (sometimes almost to the point of precognition) of what people will do next. I'm into sports/games like chess, badminton, and fencing. In all of these you really need to know what your opponent is doing, and going to do. For some reason I always seem to counter my opponents very early. In badminton I have a habit of scaring people because I am very difficult to beat with a smash; for some reason I just randomly swing and I just seem to hit the birdie. In fencing I always find myself caught in double points or counter attacks (in the case of sabre) just because I move at almost the same instant my opponent does. Okay, just one more piece of freakiness here. At my school there is at least one person who I am fairly sure is also classifiable as "Indigo". During tests we almost always get the same marks because of mistakes on the same questions, as well as getting answers right on the toughest questions by making the same connections. To be honest, it's strangely like involuntary telepathy or thought-sharing. It's not like we're mentally talking to each other, but when one of us makes a mental connection between problems (whether or not it's correct) the other does the same thing. It's rather strange to think that it could almost be likened to psychic powers, which I think is bogus but an interesting way to view such things.

Have either strong or no empathy for others: This criteria is worded in a way that makes it look normal, when it's somewhat different. It is my opinion that it should be said, rather: "Show only strong empathy or no empathy based on whom it is they are interacting with". I find it very strange interacting with people because depending on who they are I will have a strong empathy with some of them or absolutely no empathy. The weird thing is that I am capable of feeling both at the same time. Generally, when dealing with people, I find that I can feel in two different ways, characterized by me thinking either: "I know exactly how you feel, I understand completely", or "That makes no sense whatsoever". There is no grey area.

Develop abstract thinking very young: An interesting thought because the first time I can recall thinking as I do now (using abstract ideas, even though I absolutely hate abstract art...) would be Grade 8. For whatever reason it was in that year that I just started thinking differently. The first thought that comes to mind is that it would be puberty that would cause a change, which is logically the most likely explanation. The strange thing that the change lasted about the course of 2 weeks, making it, from my perspective, very rapid.

Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent: This isn't entirely reliable although it is identifiable. My IQ has been tested in the range of 130 to 155, of which I really don't care to find an exact value. However there are many "gifted" people who aren't Indigo. It is my personal opinion (yeah, it does seem like I have a lot of these) that this is simply the result of the intuition, already addressed, where we simply know how things work and are already making the conclusions that we are supposed to be taught. Please note that this is not categorized by high marks in school in all cases. Although my marks have generally been high 80s to mid 90s in school there are a few people who I find highly intelligent but simply aren't in a position (one of whom is currently needed to work in order to help support his family) to be able to put forward the work time needed to get such high marks in school. I am fortunate to be able to have the time for schoolwork and be more or less self-sufficient in doing so.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If you want to cure ADD and its relatives. Shut off the television.
The commercials disrupt story lines and confuse thinking patterns of forming young minds.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Are often identified or suspected of having ADHD: I was diagnosed with this when very young, although this seems to have changed as I have adapted to the way my mind seems to work. I am pleased to say that I'm only (extremely) restless when I'm waiting for other people to catch up to my progress or when I'm just plain bored. However when I'm waiting for something, say waiting to board an aircraft or on a long bus trip, etc... I am able to sit there and, for lack of a better descriptive, "zone out". I just let my mind run free in the confines of reality, and it usually just munches on some problem, or from time to time, if I have something significant to say to someone, I might try and figure out all possible reactions and plan for them (one of them went so well it was scary...). While usually pointless it keeps me entertained.

Are frequent daydreamers: I wouldn't call it "daydreaming" because that usually just means that someone's fantasizing about something or other. Not true in this case, I think. Referring to the above "zoning out", I rather find myself gnawing away at some abstract theory or problem, occasionally with very interesting results (I've used logic to prove, or at least support, that Everything=Nothing, used current physics to come up with a really intruiging theory that explains what happens when you die, how the Church is more or less right about life after death, uses the Big Bang/Big Crunch theory, and answers the Free Will vs. Fate Debate in a really ironic way. If you want I'll PM it to you, it's an interesting read). Anyway, if something's going on that I've got no control over or just have to wait for, then I'll usually "zone out".

Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes: First off, my eyes are a very catching shade of GREEN (although they're more blue/grey along the outside with a ring of yellow on the very inside). But I've been told that I seem older than I really am or seem wise when I'm trying to explain some abstract thinking to people, including the theory I've mentioned above. Other than that, there's not much to say.

But i do believe there is a god and i do believe that this change has to happen to fight back and make this world a better place: The majority of your post I'll leave be, but I'd just like to offer my own little opinion on this, if it helps anyone understand my position.

The first point is the existence of God. I really can't say I'm able to believe that there is a God. I understand that this is not the belief of a large amount of people, and I'm happy to respect the fact that you do believe in Him (or Them, as the case may be). I am fairly open-minded, although I am loathe to believe in something so important and life-turning without actual proof. Many people have told me that the Bible is proof. Unfortunately, this is untrue. Even if we were to find the various writers and subject them to a lie-detector test, I'm fairly certain that it would reveal little other than some really old bones. I've also had someone tell me that they are proof in the existence of God. Once again, this cannot be. While a noble thing to say in principle, it just doesn't have the support behind it. His whole reason was: "If there is absolutely no God, or Heaven, or Hell, how can it possibly be that people like me, sensible people could believe in him so utterly?". My response was to point out that there are those in asylums who hear the voice of God, believe that they are the servant/returned Son of God, etc. While his case was not nearly as unfortunate, it is still possible that his belief may be misplaced, sensible and respectable though he was. One last piece of interesting though that has had the opportunity to gnaw at my cerebrum on this subject is that the concept of death is so foreign, so alien, that we cannot possibly fathom the idea of not being. I confess that when I think of death and what comes after I am utterly baffled; I simply can not visualize or empathize the state of simply not being. It occurs to me that being able to believe in something that assures life after an earthly death must be very comforting, so much so that it is almost a necessity to deal with the idea of death.

Another comment, on the idea of us being here to change the world. I admit my doubtfulness at this. I'm just a person. While people with power, monarchs and world leaders have the power to actually change things, I, as a "normal" person am in no position to do so. However, it is possible that I may be doing so subconsciously or unconsciously. If I were doing so it is highly unlikely that I would do so consciously, I've no motivation or reason to go on such a crusade. But it does appear to me that by explaining to people my ideas and positions that their thinking becomes slightly altered (I have noticed this in my friends who I consistently speak to about my ideas). This, along with the sum of the activities of other Indigos in and around our societies may prove to cause a gradual mass change in thought patterns. While I confess my doubt at the concept of being an instigating part of a change on such a phenomenal, colossal scale, I do not entirely dismiss the idea.

Anyway, I realize it's a lot of typing to trawl through and I apologize for that, but I really am hoping to bring an Indigo's point of view to the table. For those of you who tell me I'm totally wrong and that there's no such thing as an "Indigo" person that is a more evolved human as we're so rumoured to be, I must agree. I have no real opinion on the possibility of being "more evolved" other than to say it is a possible explanation.

Thanks for reading that load of typing, and I hope you got something out of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, i have read all your post (twice)

Ok one thing i want to mention is as i say most people who are suspected of having ADD will most likely live in busy urban areas/towns/cities etc

And the majority of the young people in major towns cities where im from in the UK would be suspected of having ADD especially in lower education like primary school,secondary school.

If i really think about it i can remember at least 50% of the males showed "symtoms" of ADD, and if we were in america our parents would have sent them to see a "pshrink" get diagnosed with ADD.

My point is that if i did enough research on this iv got a feeling i could gather enough evidence to show people how ADD and the indigo children link up.

But thats not my main reason,what i want to show is that people who dont have a religion (majority in populated areas) and/or havent worked out their meaning in life would see that this Indigo Children could be the thing their instincts have been looking for most of their life.

Its basically a religion for my generation who have been brought up on computer games,internet etc

I fit the indigo child requirements 100%.

But i would never follow it as a religion.

I know my meaning in life,and its not possible to save the world,the world will never ever become peaceful. If you want a peaceful life, go join the buddists,if you want to go to heaven go join christianity and so on and so forth.

Every action has an opposite and equal reaction,therefore any good thing you do, somewhere down the line it will be seen as evil to someone else.
And vice versa.

I do believe there is/was a god and now gods powers are accessible to us all,anything is possible if you truly believe in it.

Although you might not think you can make a change in the world while on earth, in the afterlife you can do anything you want if you put your MIND to it, and dont forget life is eternal and you can make a change even if it is small it could make a big impact, as the butterfly effect/chaos theory explains that a something as small as a butterfly over the ocean can make a drastic effect on something.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
They probably dont have the attention span to read it if they are A.D.D.
"Huh? What did you say? Oh...Wait, what was that?"

I think A.D.D. can be attributed (partly) to living to deeply in the mind and identifying with thoughts. (I have relatives who are A.D.D.)

solution...still the mind...yes it will be weird for the mind to 'chill out' as it thinks it has to 'think'...but you may get a glimps of 'freedom.'

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
My point is that if i did enough research on this iv got a feeling i could gather enough evidence to show people how ADD and the indigo children link up.

I personally wouldn't say that ADD and being Indigo is the same, although I am perfectly willing (and usually do) say that the symptoms are nearly one and the same. The reasons for being of that particular state are different, as my theory goes.

The idea is that ADD is a tendency to be unable to pay attention for extended periods of time. This is normally attributed to the way that their brains are working, little chemical imbalances and so forth. The actual, specific causes, I don't particularly care. The idea here is that ADD is because their brain simply can't focus for extended periods of time.

And Indigo's tendency to be labeled with ADD is because the symptoms are the same. The reasons for this are, and I hope you'll agree with me as you present yourself as also being Indigo, because we're mind-bendingly bored. Example. Today I was in math class. While the teacher was going on about some foolish concept that the class simply didn't understand I was finishing this week's homework and a fair fraction of next week's stuff. While she was teaching she stopped and looked at me scribbling away as if it were something I wasn't supposed to be doing. She asked me if I was so deficient in attention span (immediately bringing to mind ADD, I am fairly sure it was worded to do so), and I simply had to show her what I was doing. I'm currently at a healthy 92 in that class and I've already finished the unit we're doing. Why should I wait and hear everything I've already done repeated? Anyway, you can see how it's possible for me to be labeled with ADD. When we're doing something I've already done (meaning I'm pretty bored) I've got to find something to do. The next junk we're doing provides a nice outlet for effort, so I'm conveniently occupied, which keeps me from going insane.

I fit the indigo child requirements 100%.

But i would never follow it as a religion.

And I agree completely. Religion has a connotation somewhat like duty. Of course, I have absolutely no motivation to take part in religion because it strikes me that rather than having my code of conduct told to me (especially considering that there is no religion I am aware of that has complete and full proof that its deities exist) I should be permitted to use my own experience to control the way I act. I act as an Indigo because it is the way my mind works. I don't act this way because this is my category, but this is my category because of the way I act and think.

Every action has an opposite and equal reaction,therefore any good thing you do, somewhere down the line it will be seen as evil to someone else.
And vice versa.

Very true. There is no action that you can possibly carry out without any benefits or without any consequences. It simply won't happen.

and dont forget life is eternal

I must repeat that I'm really not trying to dump on your beliefs or anything but I would honestly like to hear your proof (or reason for faith) for this. I'm perfectly willing to respect your religion and personal beliefs, and I'm actually quite interested to see how you see this, particularly since you believe you are also an Indigo.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"They probably dont have the attention span to read it if they are A.D.D. "

LOL LOL I WAS just thinking the same thing!! I have ADD and my brain kept screaming i dont have the attention to finish this loooong loooong thread. Need some bells whistles and possibly pictures to get us ADDers to comment

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
screw it i'll force myself to read the entire thing, i began reading became super excited...then...blank, glanced through the brief comments. I'll reread now, sounds interesting..i think

In her article[2] Wendy H. Chapman (enlightenment teacher at and Director of Metagifted Education Resource Organization [2]) says that Indigo children will also display many of the following:

Are rather creative
Display strong intuition
Are frequent daydreamers

[edit on 2-3-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Darkpro.

You seem to be a quite interesting person.

And i agree with alot of what you say, especially with the mind being bored parts,i used to be exactly like how you describle but i learned how to change the way my mind works using meditation(which has enabled me to use my concrete attention and whatever task i want to do,boring or exciting..Psychology(which i believe to be a form of mind control which certain groups use it as a way of population control.) but psychology can also be used for your benefit and use it to make you change your beliefs to a belief that makes you a happier person.

You quoted.

"I must repeat that I'm really not trying to dump on your beliefs or anything but I would honestly like to hear your proof (or reason for faith) for this. I'm perfectly willing to respect your religion and personal beliefs, and I'm actually quite interested to see how you see this, particularly since you believe you are also an Indigo."

First of all, i DO NOT believe i am an indigo,i have the requirements of them but i make my own choices and decide what suits me to believe in.

I admire your open mindedness,very few people have this quality.

I would like to say that i dont have a religion, although i do have personal beliefs and i have changed many of my "imposed" beliefs that got drilled into my subconcious when i was young, since then i have used psychology to change these beliefs to the beliefs that make me happy.

Lets take an example, some people believe in ghosts and some dont,the people that do not believe in ghosts will probably very rarely see a ghost and if they do they will use logic to deny that they could have possibly seen one,this will create a belief system that ghosts dont exist and therefore if you do see one you can just dismiss it with the logic which in effect makes you feel safe.

The people that can see ghosts and start to believe in them will be able to see one whenever there is one around,and it doesnt bother them one bit if they have the belief they ghosts cannot harm them. Which makes them feel safe.

I dont personally believe in ghosts because when i was younger i did see one and it scared me so much i had to convince myself that i did not see it.

And since then i have never seen a ghost,although i do think they exist and if i wanted to believe in them,and with a bit of effort and time i could change my belief system to allow me to feel safe if i do see a ghost and with time and experiences i would eventually be able to see them without fear.

Its fear of the unknown which causes people to doubt something and keep their belief systems intact by using logic.

I do believe i am an eternal being, but i didnt used to believe that i was, so i read,researched,learned. My reasons are from all the religions of the world,or certain ones. For example.

Jesus believed that there was a heaven where you could live and love for eternity.

The buddists also have beliefs that they can be eternal.

These are my main two examples but there are many more religions that have beliefs that they will live for eternity.

The benefits of changing my belief systems has made my life so much more enjoyable, i dont hate ANYONE anymore,i dont have a FEAR of DEATH anymore,i take my time with things and i dont rush to do anything anymore,im happy during my waking hours and have something to look foward to when i experience death.

I used basic psychology and alot of time and will power to change my beliefs that was planted in me by every friend,family member,government etc and i now live a much happier life because of this.

I had to fight very hard and prove to myself (mind) that some of these beliefs that i hold are not making me a happy person, i basically argue with my own logic and replace it with a better belief with better logic which in turn has made me a better more loving person.

I did this all on my own.

One day i will have my own religion (if you want to call it that,i basically see a religion as "one persons dream of how they want to live life like")

But i will never say to anyone that if you dont do what i say you will go to hell and if you do what i say you will experience heaven for eternity, just like jesus did and just like every other religion does.

Hope someone understands this.

Thank you for your time in reading this long thread.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by markjaxson]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
First of all, i DO NOT believe i am an indigo,i have the requirements of them but i make my own choices and decide what suits me to believe in.

Entirely my fault, I apologize for the misjudgement.

I would like to say that i dont have a religion, although i do have personal beliefs and i have changed many of my "imposed" beliefs that got drilled into my subconcious when i was young, since then i have used psychology to change these beliefs to the beliefs that make me happy.

Personally I find that I've discarded these imposed beliefs because I've no reason to keep them. Almost all of these beliefs are those that my parents thought were right. They always told me not to do certain things, or to do others whenever possible, but they've provided very few reasons for actually doing (or not doing) these things. And, being Indigo when I can honestly say my parents are definitely not, it could be said that I deserve the right to form my own code of conduct considering the way I think is so radically different from their own. While I am doing things that I find logically reasonable and ideal, my parents (and, in fact, most adults I find) do things that benefit them primarily financially.

I dont personally believe in ghosts because when i was younger i did see one and it scared me so much i had to convince myself that i did not see it.

Hmm... An interesting thought. If you did see it, then ghosts do exist and thus your belief is incorrect (which is notably different from "wrong"). If you didn't see it, then what did you see? An interesting conundrum. I'm not condemning your belief at all, life itself is made out of such paradoxes and to question them usually results in distractions from the real problems in life.

Its fear of the unknown which causes people to doubt something and keep their belief systems intact by using logic.

Most definitely, particularly with respect to death and the afterlife. However many people do it not by using logic, but by defying and denying it. "Logically" Jesus could not have been the Son of God since God is not human , which means that reproduction with Mary was impossible. Simply biology. If we say he is the Son of God whilst saying that we're aware he's not really the Son of God we're completely and utterly contradicting ourselves (which is precisely why I refuse Catholicism).

These are my main two examples but there are many more religions that have beliefs that they will live for eternity.

This, I think, stems from the incapability of human beings to fathom the state of death. I've yet to meet a human being who could explain to me what it feels like to be dead with actual, logical proof. It is thus a necessity to attempt to create something that we personally believe death to be. Many of these are very illogical. The idea of Heaven and Hell is, in and of itself, the "perfect" idea. The good live eternally in happiness while the wicked are cast into the pits of a place of horror, and of course everyone believe that they are "good". However, this is, in my opinion, likely just a story (of course, all are entitled to their opinion which I have no problem with) simply because there is no way to prove this.

It is, in my opinion, impossible to escape the creation of something to explain death. Try as I might, I have been unable to resist the necessity myself. I have created a theory upon the shoulders of current physics and biology so that I could "prove" (to at least myself) that death is not the end. It occurs to me that in the scheme of things my personal theory is simply not going to happen, although on what I know to be true it seems most likely.

The benefits of changing my belief systems has made my life so much more enjoyable, i dont hate ANYONE anymore,i dont have a FEAR of DEATH anymore

I agree, but to a point. I'm not necessarily afraid of death, but I'd just rather not try and see if what I believe is right, because chances are it isn't. But more than once I've invited someone to kill me if it was what they really wanted. As you are likely able to see, they didn't do it.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reding these i would fit into the catagory

this is true of me

i have this also

ive been like this since i can remember i hate people telling me what to do im so against it

ive been through so many jobs because of this one mainly factory jobs

Are rather creative
im not being big headed but im one of the top artists at my college and i can pretty much do any assignment in art collage.
im also good at solving problems with my creativity

Display strong intuition
ive also got a very strong intuition and alot of people pick up on this id probaly had alot of car crashs if it wasnt for my intuition

his is very true of me

ive always been different and thought different from the people around me thats why im quite an outcash for it and was bullied for it all thought my school days i just didnt like being like every one else

not floating my own boat here again but not just me but my friends and family and strangers have said this about me

i havent been diagnosed with this

Are frequent daydreamers
i spend most of my time daydreaming probaly 80% of the time and even people have noticed im often zoned out

people always comment on my eyes because people say they speak and people often can see how im feeling and what im thinking and yes they seem very old eyes.
also i have a pigment in my eyes that makes them change colour in different lights i havent actually got one colour for my eyes, they go blue, grey purple, brown, green, and even completly whoite except for a tiny pinprick pupil but this only happens when a very bright light is on my eyes

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Read the indigo requirements...

Have strong self esteem, connection to source NO
Have an obvious sense of self NO
Refuse to follow orders or directions NO
Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks YES
Are rather creative YES
Display strong intuition YES
Have either strong or no empathy for others YES
Develop abstract thinking very young YES
Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent YES
Are often identified or suspected of having ADHD YES
Are frequent daydreamers YES
Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes YES

SO NOW WHAT? aM I AN INDIGO CHILD?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think that a clear view on it also may come up with the conclusion that, people depend too much on one another, and they lose themselves too easy in things, it's natural, but these 'new?' children, as you can call them, as you like, try to stand strong into themselves and go undependent along the road, that's why they don't let the others.. probably energysuckers, which are very irritating, that's why they don't let them fool with them.

they are independent children and just ask what is needed. they are constructive in a way.

by being themselves they build others up. the others have no reason to blame them, and when they do blame it's out of hate, jealousy and ignorance.

my conclusion.

etherical

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think that a clear view on it also may come up with the conclusion that, people depend too much on one another, and they lose themselves too easy in things, it's natural, but these 'new?' children, as you can call them, as you like, try to stand strong into themselves and go undependent along the road, that's why they don't let the others.. probably energysuckers, which are very irritating, that's why they don't let them fool with them.

they are independent children and just ask what is needed. they are constructive in a way.

by being themselves they build others up. the others have no reason to blame them, and when they do blame it's out of hate, jealousy and ignorance.

my conclusion.

etherical

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
If you want to cure ADD and its relatives. Shut off the television.
The commercials disrupt story lines and confuse thinking patterns of forming young minds.

that is great insight my men, never thought about it, thanks for coming up with it! this must create problems or unjust things inside our selves.

great post!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If your not certain about being an 'Indigo' you might take this test...

...i think that one does not decide if they are Indigo ~or not~
they either are or else they may be 'Violet' or 'Blue' or have
a strong influence of other color Auras.

the AuraColors test:

www.auracolors.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fyi, my strong-medium-weak vibrations are;

Value - color - defining trait

11- Environmental Tan = bridge the physical & mental worlds
10- Violet___________= visionary
09- Indigo__________= peace & harmony
09- Sensitive Tan____ = bridge the physical & mental worlds

08- Green__________= intelligence
07- Yellow__________= fun loving
06- Crystal_________ = a clear Aura
05- Lavender_______ = fantasy and myths
05- Magenta________ = non-conformist

05- Logical Tan______ = non-risk taker
04- Orange_________ = thrill-seeker
03- Red Overlay_____ = physical, sexual
03- Abstract Tan_____ = friendly
02- Blue____________= nurturing

as one might interpet my scoring, i'm a Earthy Tan person
who is spaced out in their own serene world (the 'strong' set on top)

whereas, i'm definitely not a sky-diver or a type 'A' personality,
& i'm not driven to befriend others or develop relationships on a physical level

have fun

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
this is my score

red ------ 5
logical tan ---- 0
lavender ---- 12
orange ----- 3
enviromental tan ---- 4
green ---- 11
crystal ---- 8
magenta ---- 7