It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

highly classified British Aerospace facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
hi there

i am seeking information on a highly classified British Aerospace facility in the middle of Hafren forest (between Newtown & Llanidloes) in Wales UK
there are lots of reports of people seeing strange pulsing/ flashing lights, or suddenly encountering v. unfriendly military personnel around there

dos anyone have any info on it ?

i have tried on google earth but the res is so poor you cant see anything.

here are the co ords anyway:

52°27'53.29"N

3°26'1.66"W

any help wopuld be great

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Can you double check your coordanates? I just put them into Google Earth using cut and paste. Here's what it's giving me back:

To me, this looks like the middle of a forest, not something man-made! I don't see a single thing in the image to suggest there is anything in this area.

Tim

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
had a quick look around and could not see anything else either, but i also could not find any reference to any supposed sightings either.

so if you have any please post them and we maybe able to help you out.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
as i said in the OP it is in the middle of Hafren Forest , the GE image is not a good quality,

as for sightings it was featured in the now defunct ufo magazine, and there are lots of rumors by locals and hikers getting turned away from the area.
if you google Secret facility in Hafren Forest a few articles do come up,

i do not know any more than that,

snoopyuk

[edit on 2-3-2007 by snoopyuk]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hi Snoopyuk,

I think the area you are referring to was once used as a BAE range involved in high explosives testing although I'm not 100% on that one. I'm fairly sure that BAE no longer own the land, however they are still operating in the area.
BAE are involved in a joint project looking into the problems that wind turbines cause radar systems due to interference caused by the large rotating blades. BAE have developed the ADT radar to specifically address this problem. It makes sense that BAE may currently have a presence there.

Wind turbine interference article

If you look on windows live local rather than google (much better for UK images) you will find nothing more sinister than the Llandinam wind turbine facility. I've personally visited this site and nothing spooky is going on here :-)
Windows Live Local Link

OP, where did you get your co-ordinates? The reason I ask is that BAE did have a facility in the locality based in a disused quarry. I've searched and searched the magic website
magic OS map data to no avail!

According to the OS data there are no restricted areas in the vicinity so there is no reason why you couldn't take a hike up there and look for yourself! Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Rob

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
stratsys-sws thankyou for the info,

i dont live near the area anymore so difficult for me to check it out personally.

i was given the co-ords based on info supplied by a friend who worked for a aviation magazine.

he did say that there is still structures visable and that hikers have been turned away recently ( 2005). and that it was between Llanidloes and Machynlleth.

i would be interested in the one situated in an old quarry as this sounds right for what i had been told.

also as a side note ...i was told yesterday that it is linked in with this place further south, not sure what it is though looks like the top of fuel tanks ??:

51°49'37.70"N
3° 8'15.95"W

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi Snoopy,

I don't have any further info on the northen facilities other than that already mentioned.
Having looked at the southern facility you mentioned I doubt it has any other purpose than a gas distribution point. It's security is very low, a simple chainlink fence by the looks of it. I've checked on the MAGIC website and it shows it as a GVC (gas valve compound)MAGIC OS Map link
These are located all over the country as an integral part of the UK gas network. Some are closely related to military fuel lines but I doubt that this is.

Hope to have helped.

Cheers

Rob

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
stratsys-sws

thanks for looking in to that ,very much apreciated.

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
hi snoopy

ive been up to the site in hafren a few times last year and this year there is no one there now so ive been told and seen for my self people have told me they were turned away many times before today. I live locally and work around the surrounding areas what gets me is this

many tell me there was things going on there i also been told that people had go from the area when they were testing and a alarm was sounding when testing. IF some one can help me out with this one then please do most of the things they were using is still there like that evrybody just dropped tools and left the place containers with stuff in there loads of pipes a forklift truck just been left there. also i think there was a computer room there as one container is full of electric sockets and a couple of screens in there to. There is a big generator there to nothing seems to work though.

but why just leave evrything there its like somthing went wrong and kept quiet and they all had to leave ive asked about and people tell me they used to see helicopters flying in and out at night at one time i dont no if that is true but i do no at one time the army owned it so farmers in the area tell me. the place seems very strange somehow.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The following account is in response to your request for information regarding the Hafren site. I personally worked at this facility in the late 80s and again in the early 90s. During the late 80s it was used for electromagnetic compatability testing and also a cheaper alternative to SDI was being sought. In the early 90s it was used for field trials on the Rapier missile system which was primarily designed for deployment in the middle east. A lot of negative feeling was generated in the local population due to the activity that was taking place in the forest and also because the site was classified, this resulted in a pressure group being formed and also the local M.P becoming involved. The first time that the site was commisioned in the late 80s would probably be of more interest for your request regarding further information on the site. The enviromental enclosure would have been in use at this time, the second time the site was commisioned only the skeletal remains of the structure can be seen. I had to wait about 6 weeks before I was allowed access to this part of the site as I had to wait for clearance from the M.O.D. Once I had clearance I did help on more than one occasion some of the scientists who were working on the site in a very basic way. This involved running wires from a clear tubular central column which was filled with what looked like oil and equipment, the wires formed something like a spiders web within the enviromental enclosure and all of them originated from this central column. A special concrete pad was constructed by B.A.E engineers which was located next to the enviromental enclosure, nothing metallic could be placed on this pad when the site was active. I remember that a mettalic tower was placed on this pad and it was coated in plastic, high energy was involved as it gave off a coronal discharge. I believe that this may have generated some sort of beam as one of our responsiblities was to form a triangulation point spread out around the site and to keep watch for low flying jets, our call signs were Kiminin 1,2 and 3 even though this was designated restricted airspace thepilots would see the enviromental enclosure in the middle of this forest and try to get closer for a better view, when this happened we would alert the site to shut the test down.
The electromagnetic compatibility testing involved recreating the electomagnetic pulse which is generated during a nuclear bomb detonation and the problems this causes to electric circuits which tend to get fried. Various tests were done on various types of equipment from satelittes to army and airforce equipment, on one occassion a low loader got stuck carrying a harrier jump jet (minus the wings) as the roads were not really suitable for heavy traffic. It was after this that further equipment was flown in by helicopter this was one of the problems that the local population objected to and why there is a lot of mention about it in the local papers (I will include photos of the cuttings from the papers). It was probably sometime in October or November 1989 when scientists were bought over to this country from Los Alamos in New Mexico, the reason I know this was the location was stamped on the boxes of equipment that arrived on site, I believe they were flown in to the american airbase at lakenheath. I thought it was quite comical actually as they had come in the backdoor so to speak and yet they were driving around a small welsh market town wearing baseball caps in dark vans with blacked out windows, really blending in well with the local population. It was in conjunction with their arrival that I believe testing took place over a period of about a week of what was described as an NTSV this acronym I later found out stands for Non Terrestrial Space Vehicle. I was not on shift when this was delivered by helicopter and a B.A.E security force accompanied it, I was relegated to the access road which approaches the site while this cupola was on site. It was

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have worked at this facility two times, once in the late 80s and again in the early 90s. The first time electromagnetic compatability testing was taking place and also SDI research. One of the items used for testing was an NTSV this acronym stands for Non Terrestial Space Vehicle, I was only able to get a brief view of it, I would say that it was the cupola section of a larger vehicle, gun metal grey and about 6ft in height by about 20ft in diameter. Other equipment tested included satellites, army and airforce equipment including a harrier jump jet (minus wings). In the early 90s the site was used for trials on the Rapier missile system (radar section). I have supporting photos and newspaper clippings from the time including information regarding the pressure group that was formed at the time of the testing objecting to what was taking place here, they even got the local MP involved. The photos that I have were taken on 35mm so the detail is not very good when I use my digital camera to copy them, also this online editor does not seem to let me transfer these photos from my files. Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws
Hi Snoopyuk,

I think the area you are referring to was once used as a BAE range involved in high explosives testing although I'm not 100% on that one. I'm fairly sure that BAE no longer own the land, however they are still operating in the area.
BAE are involved in a joint project looking into the problems that wind turbines cause radar systems due to interference caused by the large rotating blades. BAE have developed the ADT radar to specifically address this problem. It makes sense that BAE may currently have a presence there.

Wind turbine interference article

If you look on windows live local rather than google (much better for UK images) you will find nothing more sinister than the Llandinam wind turbine facility. I've personally visited this site and nothing spooky is going on here :-)
Windows Live Local Link

OP, where did you get your co-ordinates? The reason I ask is that BAE did have a facility in the locality based in a disused quarry. I've searched and searched the magic website
magic OS map data to no avail!

According to the OS data there are no restricted areas in the vicinity so there is no reason why you couldn't take a hike up there and look for yourself! Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Rob

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: snoopyuk

Hi there, I live in the area of the hafren research facility and have seen the pics online from people that have stumbled onto its whereabouts. Could you give me some info as to its location? Any info will be gratefully received. Many thanks...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

Hi there, I live in the area of the hafren research facility and have seen the pics online from people that have stumbled onto its whereabouts. Could you give me some info as to its location? Any info will be gratefully received. Many thanks...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Anonymous ATS

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: antuk

new topics

top topics

join