It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex as a sin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
im not trying to be crude or anything

i dont understand how sex can be a sin.

god made us the way we are so why would he make us in a way that would be sinnful and why make the experience enjoyable.

and if no one ever had sex because of the sin then we wouldnt be here.

i understand you are meant to be married before you do anything like that but its still classed as a sin.

maybe some one can shed some light on this for me.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Maybe there's a reason why Adam and Eve was thrown out of paradise... God doesnt own us. If he does, he's not a god: He's a slave owner. I do not consider sex as a sin. I dont consider *anything* a sin to "Him". We where created with a free will in His image. Whatever we can or can not do is by His design.

So I'm sorry, I cant shed more light on it, I can only agree

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Sex is NOT a sin.

God wouldn't have made Adam and Eve with the parts He did if sex was going to be a sin.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
this is the problem i have with it as a sin why did he make us the way we did and really that is the only way to make a baby (until ivf) but you still have tosert the embreo into the woman to make the baby.

people say its a sin but no one has answers why it is a sin just it is or they were brought up to believe it a sin

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm no expert but see

www.hti.umich.edu...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
sex is a sin because if they can make you guilty they can control you by dangling the absolution of that sin as a reward for compliance, if humans did not need sex to reproduce then it would be a sin to breath or stand upright. it not about sin it's about control.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm unsure of where the idea that SEX is a sin came from. Sex is not a sin in fact God tells Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

You can not be fruitful and multiply with out sex.

Thats not saying that sex be fore marriage is not considered a sin though.

There are many reasons I believe God made premarrital sex a sin.
One could be the risk even more so now of contracting an STD many of which have no cure.
The second would be the risk of an unwanted pregnancy, look at the number of unplanned pregnancies every year.
A third could be just outright emotional pain. Many start experimenting with sex when they are not mentaly mature enough which causes futher problems mentaly down the road. Alot of relationships tend to quickly reach the sexual stage then start to center around said stage. Reaching the sexual stage quickly could be a reason for many failed relationships.

No contraceptive is 100% so that can not be used as an argument against the two reasons stated above. The only absolute way to not have either result stated above is not to have sex until your married.

Now does this mean the one you marry will be free of either? Only if they had a tainted blood or some other body fluids enter their system with out sexual contact or through sex could they have either.

How great do you think the number of STDs would be today if more ppl waited to have sex until married (and staying faithful to said spouse) do you believe there would be?

How many children out there live with out their fathers being in their lives because the father is some sleeze ball?

In a nonreligious way alot of the wolrds issues today would be far less if ppl had stayed true to the only having sex when married thing.
There would most likely be less STDs a lower number of homless children or children as orphans and alot less controversy over abortion (which I believe to be wrong but I also believe it is wrong of me to force my beliefs on others).

In saying all this did I have sex before I was married? Yes
Could waiting have saved some heart ache and other problems? Yes
Can you go out and have as much sex as you wish with some one other than your husband/wife and it not be a sin? Thats for you and God to disscuss.
Can you have as much sex with your husband/wife as you wish and it not be a sin? Certainly infact I have shown that we are instructed to do so even. In fact I recomend sex as often as possible

Sex is not a sin where that idea came from is beyond me and not mentioned in the bible. Sex outside of marriage is considered adulty as is sex or lust for another while you are married.

I'm not trying to judge any one here thats not my place God knows I have enough of my own issues to stay busy judging myself. I'm simply explaining quite possibly some very good reasons as to the question at hand.

I hope this helps.
Raist

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
There are many reasons I believe God made premarrital sex a sin.
One could be the risk even more so now of contracting an STD many of which have no cure.
The second would be the risk of an unwanted pregnancy, look at the number of unplanned pregnancies every year.
A third could be just outright emotional pain. Many start experimenting with sex when they are not mentaly mature enough which causes futher problems mentaly down the road. Alot of relationships tend to quickly reach the sexual stage then start to center around said stage. Reaching the sexual stage quickly could be a reason for many failed relationships.

I seriously doubt God would have taken STD in mind... Technically, wouldnt it be Him that CREATED STDs by throwing out Man from Eden?

The second doesnt make sense either, since a pregnancy is a pregnancy. Its one more to "replenish" the Earth.

The third is all cultural and depends on the country and has changed alot throughout the years. You say some may not be "mentally mature" when having sex? Yeah, tell that to the 14 year olds that had to marry 30+ year old men only a few centuries ago...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
I seriously doubt God would have taken STD in mind... Technically, wouldnt it be Him that CREATED STDs by throwing out Man from Eden?

Nor were there any others besides man (Adam) and the woman (Eve) God created as his partner so your right, before they were kicked from the garden STDs were not around nor was there a law against sex before marriage. One other thing is that death/disease/ect. can not effect man/woman with out God allowing it to happen. We see this in reading Job were Satan had to ask for Gods permision to do any thing that might effect Jobs faith. God allowed Satan to do many terrible things to Job as a test of faith but in the end Job recived what he lost plus more.

Yes I suppose you could say that God created the STDs but thats sort of a price to pay and a risk one takes when engaging in sexual activity with some one you do not know well enough (by that I mean how long do most ppl "date" before sleeping together? Not very long from what I have seen.). After all is not the price of sin none other than death? I know my wife well enough to know I'm not going to catch an STD from her

The second doesnt make sense either, since a pregnancy is a pregnancy. Its one more to "replenish" the Earth.

You must have misunderstood what I was getting at. I was simply pointing out the fact that every day many ppl find out they are with child when they did not plan for one nor do they want one. A good many of those finding out they are pregnant tend to be young and unwed with very little to no means of caring properly for a child when they are still a child themselves. Also as mentioned before how many childrens fathers leave a nowed relationship when they find out their sex partner is pregnant because they are not ready to become fathers. In other words I was pointing out that normally only ppl ready both mentaly and emotionaly to stick together are willing to have children together such couples generaly get married.

The third is all cultural and depends on the country and has changed alot throughout the years. You say some may not be "mentally mature" when having sex? Yeah, tell that to the 14 year olds that had to marry 30+ year old men only a few centuries ago...

Centuries ago at the age of 14 they were already doing adult jobs and living adult stlye lives. They had to mature quickly not only mentaly but emotionaly and physicly as well. Most of the time those 14 yr olds who married the 30+ guys were going to be taken care of (not saying it is right or should continue BTW). Staying at home would have led to even harder times for their families as they were not doing the "mans" work at that time. Times were far different then there was seen to be definite boundries as to mans place and womans place in life. For most of humans life on earth it was seen as man doing the labor and woman being the one to care for the home and the young. Also you mentioned this youself as they were married
But I would say they were probably not ready emotionaly nor mentaly for what they had to go through.

But I might have misworded what I was trying to say in that last post by saying mentaly though most are not ready mentaly but more so I meant emotionaly. Ask any 13 - 16 yr old girl who comes home crying because they trusted some sweet talking young boy into going all the way. Now that the guy got what he wanted he wants nothing to do with her, or worse yet she finds out that she now has an STD or is pregnant and her life is drasticly changed from what it would have been if she had not slept with him.

Raist

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I like sex it is sinfully delicious. Look at my new avatar skippy. He likes sex too yet he has no sin.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't believe sex to be a sin, but I do think it's irresponsible when people have sex without being ready to accept the responsibility of a child, should that happen. Contraceptives aren't 100% safe either, and I don't agree with abortion.

Though as far as I'm concerned, the whole "sacrament of marriage" is just BS. What's the difference whether you're living with someone, or living with someone and married? It's just a technicality.

Go forth and have sex, just be responsible. Personally I save myself for 'that special someone', but I don't see anything wrong with those who don't.

Logic > Faith.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You guys are kidding right? I mean seriously...

Nowhere in the bible does it say SEX is a sin. You can't find a single verse that says that. You guys are confusing SEX with ADULTERY, and they're two very different things.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sex is not a sin. It's a natural part of life.

I wish people wouldn't let the burden of guilt weigh on their shoulders so much. I used to be this way. I was raised in a religious household and was told premarital sex was a sin and that you would go to hell if you ever had sex before marriage.

This was only my parents fears. I realize they were trying to guide me in the right direction, but this is not a way to teach people right from wrong. It only stirs up fear and confusion.

Sex isn't a sin. Just be a good person, care for people and lead you life in a loving manner. That's all that really matters...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What about fornication?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
To me the problem is this:

According to organized religions, people are supposed to wait until they fall in love and get married, and then they are supposed to stay faithful and loyal to that one partner till death do them part....

And yet anyone who does a serious, scientific, anthropological study of human sex habits, eg Kinzie, discovers that humans actually have a very wide range of sexual habits - from the traditional strictly monogamous husband/wife arrangement, to homosexuality, bisexuality and all sorts of different multiple sex partner arrangements (affairs, prostitution, flings, one-night-stands, "friends with benefits", swingers/swappers, 3sums/orgies, exhibitionists, BDSMers.... just to name a few).

So if these things are "wrong" or sinful.... why do people crave them so much? Why would God create people to crave these experiences - and then punish them for it?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sex is (percieved) as a sin, when you do it just for pleasure. It won't be a sin if you are planning to have children. If not, then its a sin.

The correct word for sex (planning to have children) is mate.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Man and Women have their relevant sexual organs, for one reason only. Two virile adults will create life by doing so.

God did not create lust, and the desire for sex, in a casual manner, where the participating parties do not intend to create life

He didn't intend for the media to dress popstars up in school uniforms, sucking on lollipops with their shirts half un-done. Attitudes to sex have changed as the years have progressed, we have become increasingly liberal towards it, and this has brought NO END of problems. Honestly the sexing up of every facet of society leaves a huge complex web of a vast array of emotions and social breakdown.

It is designed to be a pleasurable experience. Sex can be truly wonderful with someone you love with all your heart, rather than a women where the only connection is physical. God didn't shy away from the fact that there is pleasure to be gained from sex.

As someone who believes in the importance of Christian values, I get just as easily aroused as other people my age at the sight of a fine specimen of a lady. Being a teenager, this is amplified as one of the pre-eminent concerns in life. It shouldn't be, but I'm afraid it is.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
im not trying to be crude or anything

i dont understand how sex can be a sin.

god made us the way we are so why would he make us in a way that would be sinnful and why make the experience enjoyable.

and if no one ever had sex because of the sin then we wouldnt be here.

i understand you are meant to be married before you do anything like that but its still classed as a sin.

maybe some one can shed some light on this for me.

The attitude depends on what religion you belong to and what time period you live in. For the Abrahamic religions (Christian, Judaism, Muslim), yes it's a sin and is part of the patriarchial system. If you are a rich man, you want to be sure that all the children in your household are yours. So you are interested in marrying virgins with no children and making the laws against the wife/wives having sex with someone else to be VERY harsh.

In other religions, children were seen as belonging to a family and there was less of an emphasis on virginity.

In today's society, the issue of sex before marriage is not as much of an issue as it was when I was young.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
God said: prosper and grow

don't you wonder how?
Of course with sex
sex is not a sin

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by millerman And yet anyone who does a serious, scientific, anthropological study of human sex habits, eg Kinzie, discovers that humans actually have a very wide range of sexual habits - from the traditional strictly monogamous husband/wife arrangement, to homosexuality, bisexuality and all sorts of different multiple sex partner arrangements (affairs, prostitution, flings, one-night-stands, "friends with benefits", swingers/swappers, 3sums/orgies, exhibitionists, BDSMers.... just to name a few).

So if these things are "wrong" or sinful.... why do people crave them so much? Why would God create people to crave these experiences - and then punish them for it?

That's your excuse? Basically, you're saying "God created me to enjoy bdsm, therefore I am cursed to go to hell because I can't help myself." Sorry, but I think that's bull$h!t.
How do you explain people who choose to wait until after marriage to have sex? How do you explain people who are pedophiles or rapists? Did God create these people to "crave these experiences"? I don't think so. Instead, God created Free Will so that people could choose what they wanted and didn't want to do.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join