It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: 2 Jets chase UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Just recently uploaded onto Youtube

www.youtube.com...

I am no video expert, so thats why i posted it. I want the local gurus to check it out and assess its validity, or lack of it.

To me, it looks fairly consistent and smooth, meaning i can't see anything edited in, but once again, i'm not an expert.

What do you think?

Real or fake, it is a pretty amazing short clip!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Cool video.

The member UFOhunter is a new member, Hmm seems a bit suspicious to me, and the camera being a weather-webcam video....

But nice video...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
any more information about this ? Time and place of this footage ? At first sight it looks quite genuine. Let the experts examine !

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
WOW!

Even if this is fake, it was pretty cool to watch. I love the Blue Ambience too!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
does it look like a couple of fa-18's are chasing that object? (what ever it may be).
Now, i'm far from a graphic expert, so i could be completey wrong here, but should there not be some kind of wake from those two jets causing the plants to move somewhat?

Oh and hello, first post and all that jazz.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by fudoki]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fudoki
does it look like a couple of fa-18's are chasing that object? (what ever it may be).
now i'm far from a graphic expert, so i could be compltetey wrong here, but should there not be some kind of wake from those two jets causing the plants to move somewhat?

oh and hello, first post and all that jazz.

Welcome to ATS!

You do raise a good point.

From what i can tell, the footage is at about double speed, probably the speed it records at on the camera or whatever. Maybe there is a disturbance, but only slight enough that we may miss it.

I'll get a copy of the video and try slowing it to see if it seems more natural and see if i pick anything up

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If this is a fake it's very very well done. There's no obvious manipulation of the frame either with obvious out of place pixels or poor overlay. I think the camera is taking one frame for every three to ten frames a normal video camera would take... that's my guess so like maybe anywhere from 15 to 20 frames per second. Also it looks like the planes giving chase are F-22 Raptors. The size of the UFO itself seems kind of small to me. Anyway there's my initial impression. I'm going to watch it a few more times and see if I can catch anything else.

Edit: Does the place where the planes start seem out of place, I don't know if it's because of the time elapse on the the camera but that looks a little dodgy to me.

The size of the ufo bothers me.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
IMHO - this is likley a fake , created by adding a UFO to a mundane clip of passing aircraft

the " ufo " is not in synch with its background

this IMHO is because the two clips - the origional webcam and the added ufo footage were recorded @ different frame rates

this can cause a " ghost " to appear - when 2 frames of one layer appear over a single frame of the origional

this causes the " ghost " you can see in the top graphic -

here are the screen caps :

of course i fully expect UFO belivers to dismiss the " ghost " by claiming that it is a side effect of " ufo warp drive technology " or some such

thats my take on it - YMMV

[edit on 1-3-2007 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Edit: Does the place where the planes start seem out of place, I don't know if it's because of the time elapse on the the camera but that looks a little dodgy to me.

Yes it does seem like they appear in the center of the sky. It's also strange that they would be on the exact same path as the UFO.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
That video was outstanding, really different from the usual fuzzy stuff you see here. As for it's authenticity I think we need to drill into this and try and get the original film and try to slow it down to normal frame rate. The only thing I am thinking is that the jets are real but someone has added in the UFO to the beginning just to see if they can carry it off as authentic. Gonna keep digging....

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Awesome work IA. Do you ever sleep?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
They look like F18's, Mig-29's or F-22's to me.

, but should there not be some kind of wake from those two jets causing the plants to move somewhat?

There would be, if the planes were REALLY low.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
I
of course i fully expect UFO belivers to dismiss the " ghost " by claiming that it is a side effect of " ufo warp drive technology " or some such

LMAO !

right.

here's the thing id like to know:

Why was it sped up? ...i would love to see this video in real time =]

*EDIT* anyone got any software to rip the video and slow it down to normal speed ?

[edit on 3/1/2007 by Mayan2012]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It is a good thing that camera just happened to be aimed up at nothing in the sky. The camera was in just the right spot too. One ince this way or one inch that way and we would have never seen this chase. The objects even travel right down the center of the screen. What great luck. Super Amazing!

[edit on 1-3-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan2012

here's the thing id like to know:

Why was it sped up? ...i would love to see this video in real time =]

*EDIT* anyone got any software to rip the video and slow it down to normal speed ?

it was most likely 'sped up' to account for the gaps in the film caused by the webcam only capturing a frame every second or something to that affect.

i'm torn between them being f-18's and migs. i'm leaning toward migs due to the eurpeanesque architecture.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
2 things that bother me.
1. The UFO seems to be shooting up from the ground when it first appears at 0:07, i.e. it doesn't originate from where you expect it to come from compared to the rest of the "flight path".
2. There's about an 18 second gap between the "UFO" and the "Jets"... Basic maths tells us that that's one huge gap in terms of distance between the crafts at those speeds... Basically meaning that there is little chance of the jets ever catching up with the UFO (let's give the jets the benefit of the doubt and say they're flying about the same speed...). Why do they even bother?

And how do they keep track of it? It can't be in their line of sight? Some radar controller back at base telling them where to fly? Hmmm...

As usual the lack of additional information...

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm inclined to believe it's a forgery. Just seems convenient how a camera is perfectly placed to catch a speeding UFO and two pursuing fighter jets. The jets to me look like the outline of a F/A-22 fighter.

Otherwise cool heh

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have one major problem with this, they are too LOW, the angle of attack is all wrong, if they were "chasing" that Object they wouldn't be so low to the ground.
( air density Does effect speed) if they wanted to go "full out"" the would be somewhat higher up. Those that have little or no knowledge of flight Dynamics would make this rookie mistake. I think it is a fake

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
looks authentic to me, ghost or not

if this is a hoax ,dood who made this have my props

It's true that the background is more or less unified i mean blue despite the clouds presence so i guess it's not SO difficult to add a few things via the chroma key method, but i repeat it look athentic to me

[edit on 1-3-2007 by themaster1]

[edit on 1-3-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
IMHO - this is likley a fake , created by adding a UFO to a mundane clip of passing aircraft
the " ufo " is not in synch with its background
this IMHO is because the two clips - the origional webcam and the added ufo footage were recorded @ different frame rates
this can cause a " ghost " to appear - when 2 frames of one layer appear over a single frame of the origional
this causes the " ghost "

Sorry Ape, thats not proof of a hoax, if you download the video and step thru the frames you'll see that they do match. What you see at the end I believe, is the interlacing frames or, he's blended the frames in a sequence, Which is more probable I think. If he had shown the jets slowed down the same way I think they would have appeared the same.

If you pause the video as you did for the ufo comparison, you'll always catch a non ghosted image. you get this on both the ufo and the jet when you simply pause it at playback speed.

I'm not saying this is real, could be?, or could be cgi.
I do agree with one of the above posters in that it is a conveniently arranged shot. Which was my first thought.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by squiz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join