It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please reply: seeing white owls_ everywhere(where they shouldnt be)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ive been seing white owls everywhere and i try not to get creeped out(which im really not), but i see them in different places (different cities, and diferent parts of california). Everytime im with people they always get all scared and its always thier first time seeing it and ive seen it, at least 20 something times; and the people who have seen it more than once with me, only see it with me. i dont really worry, but i have had a run in with a santara(witch) who was on me for two years for dating her daughter. during those two years i had people randomly come up to me giving me hints or speaking with me of the presents of bad spirits; not to mention that it was a very rough two years that im suprised i made it out of...........
anyway, anyone have any advice or information on white owls? ...... if anything i know that it is not normal to see white owls near an airport with not many trees around (like 6 times there now).... anything would help... thanx

[edit on 28-2-2007 by therealredranger]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
White owls...hmmmmm...

Just what we needed.

End time signs.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
or maybe Harry Potters stalking you?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Forgive me if you are a man,

But owls are a sign of feminine power...

www.thewhitegoddess.co.uk...

The word "cailleach" in the Scottish-Gaelic means old woman!, "coileach-oidhche" is the word for owl, believe it or not it means "night-cockerel"! These birds were most often associated with the Crone aspect of the Goddess. The owl is often a guide to and through the Underworld, a creature of keen sight in darkness, and a silent and swift hunter. It can help unmask those who would deceive you or take advantage of you.

In Ancient Greek mythology the Owl was a creature sacred to Athena, Goddess of the night who represented wisdom. Athena, the Greek Goddess of Wisdom had a companion Owl on her shoulder, which revealed unseen truths to her. Owl had the ability to light up Athena's blind side, enabling her to speak the whole truth, as opposed to only a half truth. The Ainu in Japan trust the Owl because it gives them notice of evil approaching. They revere the Owl, and believe it mediates between the Gods and men. The bird features prominently Celtic folklore where it is considered both to be sacred and to have magical powers, again because of its abilities in the dark. Zulus and other West African nations consider the bird a powerful influence in casting spells, and think that using parts of the owl gives great strength to a person involved with magical incantations.

SOURCE: www.thewhitegoddess.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
if you Google: white owls as omens
there's all sorts of 'good' or 'ill' things attached to sighting them
depends what century &/or what ethnicity or culture your living
as to what white owls may mean.

owl, turtle, bear...are my helpers as it were
i don't wish to dishonor other's traditions, so they are 'helpers' in my worldview...and since i've already survived 2 NDE i cannot be convinced that owl, turtle, or bear are bad

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
busy alot?

Are you always on the run, always on the move?

perhaps, slow down and pay closer attention to the details of the happenings of your life.

slow down and try to tie the things together in your life that you think have no correlation between eachother.

just som thoughts.

thanks,
E.T.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Seeing owls so many times may be just coincidence. You may simply notice them more than other people do. Their increased presence may be the result of climate changes. The behaviour and presence of animals is changing along with the climate. The reason you are seeing so many could have a very simple, natural explanation. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself more with White Owls by visiting a zoo...reading up on them...then perhaps you won't feel so uneasy at seeing them.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Coincidence. Don't creep out.
People rarely see owls because they are nocturnal, usually.
I lived in an apartment for 8 years once, and one cold and wintery afternoon I looked out my patio door, and there was this huge white owl perched in a tree top that was level with my patio. He was magnificent to behold. So big! He was there for awhile and then I turned my head and he was gone.
A week later I saw a bald eagle......I never ever see these kinds of birds in the wild. I was waiting for a flamingo next (and I live in the Northeast).
Don't sweat it. Just be glad you got to observe a beautiful, elusive creature.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

My wife who is interested in the American Indian shamanic tradition said she was driving to the store and this =hyoouge= buzzard came flying down gently towards her car. She said it was like it was trying to tell her something, or greet her. (her spirit guide is a bird).

Suddenly the buzzard was hit by a large SUV going the opposite direction.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen a bird get hit by a car. This one hit, not on the windshield, but on the grill.

She said she tried to go back around and check on it but by the time she got there it was gone. Was hoping it had survived and able to fly away.

This happened just last week. Maybe the birds are trying to tell us something?

(PS I'm quite serious, this is a true story. I might add that large birds are always flying up and sitting on branches and stuff next to my wife. It's weird.
)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
ive heard of people that have spirit guides that appear in animal form.

try looking that up, ill try and look it up for you

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Do you see many pregnant women? LOL. Seriously, I used to think to myself that the world was lacking in pregnant women up untill I kept bumping into pregnant women on a daily basis for roughly 2 weeks.. It freaked me out

Probably coincidence with the owels, but who knows...

[edit on 1-3-2007 by AnnoMundi]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Actually this reminds me of a thread from a couple of years ago... I'm a bit hesitant to bring it up, because it's an extremely controversial thread - but the original poster (member Weise - Jeff Weise to be precise) also used the words:

I saw something that I thought was severely out of place.

It was an Owl, sitting in plain site in the brush near the road, I saw him/her clearly, and to boot it was White. A White Owl in the middle of the day sitting next to the road.

I'm not saying your grandmother is about to die, or worse... But there were some interesting suggestions as to what a "white owl omen" could mean.

The White Owl

You should read it with a pinch of salt, i.e. don't make illogical postulations.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Animals with large or unusual eyes, such as Owls, Cats can often be assosciated with confused memories alien abduction experiences.

It might be worth your while noting dates and times you see them and seeing if you have any missing time - that and/or visit a hypnotherapist.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
ive heard of people that have spirit guides that appear in animal form.

try looking that up, ill try and look it up for you

Good point, but from what I've read the spirit guides only show up when you're trancing or journeying. They don't tend to show up in the daylight when you're totally straight.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It could be a simple matter of subconscious observations. Please keep in mind that this is only a guess on my part.

Hmm, let me try to explain: You buy a new car (lets say a green sports car) and now you notice alot of green sports cars when you are driving to work. You have never noticed them before but suddenly, after buying one, you see them all the time.

You are noticing the green sports cars because you yourself has just bought one. You subconscious is, for whatever reason, activley seeking and finding something that you associate with (ie: your new car).

So, I say that it might be a case of that. You, for whatever reason, noticed a white owl one day. Something like that is unusual as most people do not see owls...let alone white ones (for some reason all white or all black seem to stand out in peoples minds). Now that you have seen the owl once your subconscious is activley seeking more visual confirmation...you are subconsciously looking for white owls and because of that you notice them more often.

The same goes for those who have seen them with you. I am willing to bet that they notice you looking or you mention the own to them and, because they themselves are not subconsciously seeking these white owls, associate seeing them with you.

Why these owls are out and about in the non-nocturnal hours is something I can not try to explain...although I am sure that it can be explained without paranormals.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Has there been any new construction in your area that might have displaced the owl(s)
from its/their normal place of residence? You know, chunks of woods torn down, old buildings demolished?

That could be why you are suddenly seeing them when you didn't before.

Or maybe something along these lines....

Anyone who wanders down a U.S. country road this winter may be startled at the sight of a great white bird drifting close on five-foot silent wings. The bird's head is as big as a grapefruit, its yellow eyes glitter balefully. But there is no cause for alarm: it is only a displaced snowy owl (Nyctea scandiaca), a refugee from a lemming shortage in Canada.
Time magazine-displaced owls

This seems more likely to me then "spirit guides" or any such metaphysical explanation.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Has there been any new construction in your area that might have displaced the owl(s)
from its/their normal place of residence? You know, chunks of woods torn down, old buildings demolished?

That could be why you are suddenly seeing them when you didn't before.

Or maybe something along these lines....

Anyone who wanders down a U.S. country road this winter may be startled at the sight of a great white bird drifting close on five-foot silent wings. The bird's head is as big as a grapefruit, its yellow eyes glitter balefully. But there is no cause for alarm: it is only a displaced snowy owl (Nyctea scandiaca), a refugee from a lemming shortage in Canada.
Time magazine-displaced owls

This seems more likely to me then "spirit guides" or any such metaphysical explanation.

Cheers

Ah, and there could be the logical exlination for why there are so many for your subconscious to pick out.

Thanks for the post subject X

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Suddenly the buzzard was hit by a large SUV going the opposite direction.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen a bird get hit by a car. This one hit, not on the windshield, but on the grill.

I live in the country. Stuff, including buzzards, gets hit by cars all the time. I could go out now and probably find a buzzard or two smashed on the highway. The remains just don't last long.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
Thanks for the post subject X

Any time, spines.
15 seconds on "the google" can solve a lot of puzzles.
Just doing my part to deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They aren't Ravens or Crows Those are the messengers of the spirit world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join