It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we assume that.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls

exactly, innfinity! btw isn't hillary mentioned in the bible?

ummm................what?

did i miss something here...or have i just taken too many of my pain meds? lol only mention ive seen of hillary in the bible they misspelled it...im sure due to translation issues over the years, ive always seen it spelled S A T A N.

jk thats the end of my political commentary today.

but seriously....what?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All we can do is keep doing what we are doing and the answers will come. Keep dreaming and thinking of not what is possible but what is impossible.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles

Originally posted by souls

exactly, innfinity! btw isn't hillary mentioned in the bible?

ummm................what?

did i miss something here...or have i just taken too many of my pain meds? lol only mention ive seen of hillary in the bible they misspelled it...im sure due to translation issues over the years, ive always seen it spelled S A T A N.

jk thats the end of my political commentary today.

but seriously....what?

LMAO. Nevermind just a typo I saw I guess, but it was somewhere in the area where they mentioned a someone riding a dragon or somefin...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
ROTFLMAO ! LOL ! Can't think of anything . LOL

`````````````````````````
ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

[edit on 28/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alvarez313
Other lifeforms out there are vastly more intelligent than we are? Could it be that yes they've mastered interstellar travel yet they are ignorant in regards to some of our present technology? It's like Einstein was a genius in mathematics but if you put him in an auto shop with a master mechanic who would be the most intelligent then? I just don't buy into the theory that they are so many years more advanced than we are.

The topic is going astray. Please redirect back to what the OP is asking/suggesting above and let's leave the American politics/religion out of this.

Please?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My theory is this, lets say you are out populating the omni-verse happily colonizing planets and then you meet "others" doing the same thing, and discord ensues..... and your people win the conflict... would that not cause you to be a little more cautious in your future endeavors? maybe "they" Are out there but are "gun-shy"

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sorry Masqua. Alvarez313
I believe if they are flying saucers and other ships in space then they are intelligent. But you do have a point on are they smarter in all aspects or just in space travel. Can they sing or play music? Is their chemistry & science the same as ours etc. Very good question. What if they got their technology from aliens who just gave them flying disk technology and a few other things.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
and maybe its not a matter of intelligence so much as it is experience...

they could be no smarter than we are per se, but if their culture is older than ours it may be a matter of they have had more time for trial and error of the technologies that make deep space travel possible. also, whats their lifespan compared to ours? if they live to what we'd call 500 years old, then they REALLY have had the time to try it all.

but we're dealing with a lot of known unknowns and unknown unknowns. cuz we really dont have any known knowns.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Why do we assume that they are more technologically advanced than human beings?

Because human beings are the alien. Looking around Earth, nothing comes close to human beings. Compare human beings to any earth creatures and you will find our evolution and advancements to be impossibly fast. (In terms of technological advances, I think pigs are more intelligent.)

We got messed with, either by God, some alien's droppings and experinments or the Tooth fairy, we can only guess. At this stage, we still need more information. However science is discovering more everyday.

I hope Evis is still alive.....

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
i think the assumption comes from the fact the universe is 12 billion years old.[edit on 28-2-2007 by yeti101]

Not a fact, a theory. There really isn't much point building a theory on top of a theory.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The creator of this topic has a point.
Aliens who can travel to our planet by any means would have technology that we would consider more advance than ours. Technology comes out of needs, maybe some alien race had a great need to create interstellar spacecrafts or something, while they might find predicting the weather, entertainment technologies (like the wii lol) or even just our social thought could be more advance than anything they could of comprehended.

Again though even this theory applies a human tone to aliens, we have to remember aliens will be carbon based but their physiology could be totaly different to ours, creating different thought patterns etc. Which would lead them to invent different technologies than our own.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I think different technologies is probably the main reason we haven't found them. Maybe we are looking for th wrong signs.

What if, instead of radar, they found something which does the same or a better job? maybe even something simple that we have missed/overlooked. Maybe, due to their world being completely different to ours, they understood different sciences at different stages to us.

Another possibility is that the sign/signals we are looking for have been long since rendered "Hopelessly Obsolete", so we are waiting to see/hear something that another civilization stopped using (or the last signal from that tech passed our planet) when the dinosaurs ruled this planet, or even before?

Just because many think that only conditions like ours can harbour life, what is to say that the majority of life in the universe can survive much more readily on a planet like Venus or Neptune. Maybe our type of life/science is the exception rather than the rule

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I could be wrong but here's an idea in regards to Fermi's Paradox.

Telecommunications signals would have to travel numerous lightyears in order to reach the earth for us to detect. One lightyear is the distance unobstructed light would travel in one year. Now lets imagine that some civilization out there masters radio, especially mirowave like our satellite communications.

What is the speed that microwaves travel at?

How many lightyears to the nearest possible civilization?

How much would the signal dissipate?

My personal feeling is if they are using radio and microwaves it may not have reached earth yet. I can only imagine the panic if one day a massive influx of extraterrestrial telecommunications signals began bombarding the earth as their signals finally crossed the gulf of space and arrived at earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I had a thought whilst reading this thread I sorta skipped through page 3 before I lost my train of thought (something that happens all to often).
But basically my theory is this , perhaps its impossible to visit this planet or surrounding system because of (and this is a big guess based on absolutely no knowledge of the subject) say gravitation anomalies that surround us or something of the sorts .
To clarify this further say your an alien wishing to explore this system with all your advanced tech based on whatever (gravity based device , electricity based device you name it , whatever you use for propulsion ) . So you get to the edge of the "Sol system" or whatever this system may be known to aliens and all the big red lights start flashing on your dashboard because the engine has gone due to some anomalies that we haven't found out about yet or haven't the tech level to discover.
The way I thought of it was basically a gravitational tank trap or something like that .

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
On a hunch, I think the human species here on this ball has really only began evolving at least in scientific advancement, during the last say, two hundred years.
Other than the invention of the wheel, and reaching the point of learning how to verbally communicate. Then written communications through various methods.

Nothing prior to say the eighteen hundreds has happened to advance mankind, except death and destruction and wars using clubs, arrows, spears then the more advanced weapon gadgetry of say, the Roman era. The on to mukats then guns.

Suddenly we advanced seriously as if our genetic intellect makeup was adjusted. Wonder who could have done that, looking up.
So I feel our race of beings are behind, seriously behind any species able to genetically advance the human race and get here from there (wherever there is).

Einstein.. I recently read they found some very strange things after dissecting his brain. Some lobes respecting thought processes were much larger than the regular brain while other lobes of Einsteins brain were smaller than normal -- Birth abnormality or deliberate assistance from above to enhance human development?

Dallas

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The fact that the only ones we think we have met crashed in a space ship.

Little better than our technology.

I don't think the rest of the galaxy is like that just the one's we have seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join