It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The back door in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I was wandering around the ol' interwebbed net here and with the abundance of available information on members, signs, places, rituals and the like Im surprised a person cant fake their way in. I mean, the membership must be large enough that a person should be able to sneak on through and claim they are from somewhere else and whip out a funny handshake or something.

Or even begin these practices and rituals themselves and gradually pull people in until your scene is large enough to be noticed. If you star pulling in certain people wjile in high school and college youre bound to get a banker here and a politician there. Eventually youd be hard to ignore.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A person can fake his way in but it all depends on how far up the ladder they are permitted to go. The other area of influence is occult and so an adept of certain caliber could find out if you had intentions of subversion or of merely subterfuge - but not always easy to find out.

But other than sneaking in, there are 2 main doorways in. The sliding door and the revolving door.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by sweftl337]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I imagine some have joined for unmasonic reasons but they have never returned to speak of anything. Maybe they couldn't see that bright light after the blindfold was removed.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I was wandering around the ol' interwebbed net here and with the abundance of available information on members, signs, places, rituals and the like Im surprised a person cant fake their way in. I mean, the membership must be large enough that a person should be able to sneak on through and claim they are from somewhere else and whip out a funny handshake or something.

If you're talking about Masonry, Lodges require visitors unknown to them to exhibit a current membership membership showing they are in good standing, as well as a photo I.D. confirming the card belongs to them. Gaining entrance by handshake and password was done in the middle ages, but not anymore.

Or even begin these practices and rituals themselves and gradually pull people in until your scene is large enough to be noticed. If you star pulling in certain people wjile in high school and college youre bound to get a banker here and a politician there. Eventually youd be hard to ignore.

This has happened many times, and many such groups are nefarious in nature. This is precisely the reason that legitimate Masons get so frustrated when anti-Masons try to identify them with criminal fakes.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Passing oneself off as a Mason might work in the short-term in a social setting, but you'd eventually be discovered.

MasonicLight is right -- you'd need a current membership card; I didn't know about the other forms of ID, though - that's more strict than the KCs.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just posting this , it looked interesting in context to this thread...

Posted by anon_99276 on 28-02-07 @ 09:44 PM

This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: The back door in

Whilst there is a plethora of information out there, one would ultimately find it very difficult to maintain the deception for very long, if at all.

1. A simple google or yahoo search will provide you with many different variations on the signs, symbols & grips of freemasonry. Given that only a small percentage of these are correct and the rest are complete rubbish, which one do you choose?

2. The usage of these secrets is NOT well documented (for obvious reasons!) and knowing which to use and in what context would be a lot harder to fake.

2. The practice of Freemasonry is exacting and even a slight deviance from the prescribed forms would be noticed by most members instantly.

3. Testing of ALL members right to be in a lodge is CONSTANTLY tested, several times and by VARIOUS methods, during EVERY visit. Thus knowing just a few would not be enough to continue the bluff for long.

4. All members (worldwide) are listed on a master register at the Grand Lodge in London, a simple phone call would be all that was required to "call your bluff".

Just my 2 cents or 10p worth

Retsam Nosam

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to find these cards on ebay or being able to get them out of a catalog with a false approach. One time I remember finding a wallet of a prince hall member and had everything I needed. I think a member card,dues card,prince hall card and even a token. I tried finding him forever but no luck.
It would of been funny if I went to get in as a joke since I am white. hmmm I wonder if any white people have joined or could join.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ok, so lets try this virtually.

You walk up to a masonic lodge on a night when they are having a closed door meeting and want entrance.

You walk up to who, and do what?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeht
I wouldn't be surprised to find these cards on ebay or being able to get them out of a catalog with a false approach.

I doubt it. They're only good for one year, and if one is lost, it is reported to the Grand Lodge, who instructs the various Lodges by letter to confiscate it should an imposter try to use it.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Besides figuring out the tricks masons use to identify each other you would also need to act honorably and uprightly, treat your fellows as you would have them treat you, help your fellow humans in justifiable need. And if you can do all that there is no need to learn the secrets off the net, just fill out a petition and your local lodge will teach you everything

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Besides... you'd be faking your way into a *business meeting*.

I know brothers that would *happily* trade places with you, so they don't have to sit through them.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sadly even with a membership card it is possible for someone to "fake" their way into association with a Lodge. Just this past fall we threw out a member (I won't go into details) who we eventually learned had been banned in BOTH France (don't get me started on French Masons) and England. This guy was an ordained minister, that we found out is actually true, so it just goes to show you never really know about someone until you are around them for awhile. But sooner or later the truth comes out.

To be honest anyone could fake their way into joining Masonry, I'll admit I first joined partially just to find out what the fuss was about, I now love being a Mason. But as I previously said sooner or later your Brothers are going to suspect you if you joined for mercenary interests. As Hobbes said, their are a lot of meetings that are the biggest pain in the world but are unfortunately necessary, your irregular Masons are not going to be attending those.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

If you're talking about Masonry, Lodges require visitors unknown to them to exhibit a current membership membership showing they are in good standing, as well as a photo I.D. confirming the card belongs to them. Gaining entrance by handshake and password was done in the middle ages, but not anymore.

This has happened many times, and many such groups are nefarious in nature. This is precisely the reason that legitimate Masons get so frustrated when anti-Masons try to identify them with criminal fakes.

Indeed, dues card.. though some old timers at my lodge still demand the right to quiz anyone who wants in by making them recite their lectures lol.. I am told that if I where to go to Europe and visit a lodge they would of course get my information, the lodge secretary I believe handles that, but that I would be quized as well.

new topics

top topics

join