It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would life be like without the creation of religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Religion has played a huge part in wars, government, and many other things in the past and present. What would the world be like if religion was never created?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If religion wasn't created, neither would have happened what caused the religions, the coming of the Gods. Saying the Gods were real, menkind wouldn't have been created, nor would we have hundreds of thousands of pages written. War is just a small aspect of the whole picture.

Everything which caused the religions to start will not have happened. Look for yourself how much that would imply.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
That was not really an answer to my question. I know without the creation of religion so many things would change. Millions of millions of things would change. That is why I am asking the question.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
Religion has played a huge part in wars, government, and many other things in the past and present. What would the world be like if religion was never created?

People would eventually create one, it's just how people think. It's almost as though it's built in to our genetics. Could it be that God really does exist?
Ok i for one believe in God and I have always desired the Truth of who we are as a human race. We're far too complex to have just evolved all by ourselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think it was what you asked
everything what was the reason for religions being there would not have been there, so neither mankind, like I said before.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why would there be no mankind if there was no religion?

I am saying if religion was never created. I know if one person did not come up with it another would have thought of it, but then religion would be created.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

People would eventually create one, it's just how people think. It's almost as though it's built in to our genetics. Could it be that God really does exist?
Ok i for one believe in God and I have always desired the Truth of who we are as a human race. We're far too complex to have just evolved all by ourselves.

it's almost as if we were formatted to lie about some creature that made us? or did that creature find it more or less "correct" to give us a hint, so to speak

i doubt a "god" exists, but i do believe that in fact? prokaryotes didn't find it a good idea to join up and make...living things.
something doesnt click, *sigh* someday we'll find the truth, it is out there somewhere...and if we really are *stares at the floor* an experiment in some lab, and this earth is a cynical cage, then undoubtedly the "owner" will get too bored one day

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That's an interesting question. I think there would be a whole lot more chaos. Religions keep thousands of people settled down and busy. Today I will spend 7 hours before the sun goes down, all in the name of religion. And so will thousands around the world. Perhaps its a detour away from the real goods. I'm sure somewhere someones laughing at all the people who believe the different things they do. Maybe religion is like a filter or a maze with various rewards for those who finally see through it.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Why would there be no mankind if there was no religion?

I am saying if religion was never created. I know if one person did not come up with it another would have thought of it, but then religion would be created.

so if religion is a must....doesnt that prove that, us...humans could be creating another planet's hell???
why even bother with religion?? it's a waste of time/resources in general...
so much life is wasted in churches..speaking to statues here(catholic sorry), in protestant? they speak to a whitewashed wall(feels the angry stares already)
i am a man of science, and do not believe religion should play a big role in MY life, but at any rate..i do believe that a god-like being exists

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
we would have been much more advanced with technology because of there wouldn;t have been a dark age / middle ages. Were scientist ect where made for which or demon.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
That's an interesting question. I think there would be a whole lot more chaos. Religions keep thousands of people settled down and busy.

The crusades were fought because of religion. What about the holy wars that are being fought today? That seems like chaos to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Originally posted by Sapphire

it's almost as if we were formatted to lie about some creature that made us? or did that creature find it more or less "correct" to give us a hint, so to speak

i doubt a "god" exists, but i do believe that in fact? prokaryotes didn't find it a good idea to join up and make...living things.

Ahh dear Cyrus ... heh ... It can only be conceived as a lie if one does not believe in a God to begin with. However, for those of us who do believe in a God it is then no longer seen as a concocted lie but our spirits awakening to the reality of who we really are. Human beings are Spiritually evolving more and more both in spirit as well as intelligence.

something doesnt click, *sigh* someday we'll find the truth, it is out there somewhere...and if we really are *stares at the floor* an experiment in some lab, and this earth is a cynical cage, then undoubtedly the "owner" will get too bored one day

Yes i know, it would completely fascinating to believe we were laboratory manufactured like dolly, but i don't believe that we were. Not completely anyways. If we are able to Astral etc. It should tell us something about ourselves which is, yes, we aren't just stupid 3 dimensional idiots, we are merely attached to a 3rd dimensional shell which allows our spirit to experience what its like to be human

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
errrm, ok.

sapphire??
i think your theory is sound, i also think both our theories go neck to neck...not being competitive, just trying to resolve common sense into all of this

so we...as a species, are stuck to the laws of gravity, cannot defy them without help from our wit, and eventually prove ourselves ultimately BOUND even now, 2000years later(questionable), after we were officially instated on earth and visited and were given a benchmark we are still bound to these three dimensions.

there is so much we dont know on this earth...i the Cyrus, have so little to offer when compared to the rest of the world's info put together.
knowledge is power, power is force...so shouldn't knowledge be our 4th dimension??

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
errrm, ok.

sapphire??
i think your theory is sound, i also think both our theories go neck to neck...not being competitive, just trying to resolve common sense into all of this

so we...as a species, are stuck to the laws of gravity, cannot defy them without help from our wit, and eventually prove ourselves ultimately BOUND even now, 2000years later(questionable), after we were officially instated on earth and visited and were given a benchmark we are still bound to these three dimensions.

there is so much we dont know on this earth...i the Cyrus, have so little to offer when compared to the rest of the world's info put together.
knowledge is power, power is force...so shouldn't knowledge be our 4th dimension??

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Cyrus]

Cyrus, that's an interesting theory ... yes, however, i believe that our spirits are multi-dimentional. As humans we can be stupid, lets face it, as a race of fairly intelligent beings, we really are stupid at times. It could be that when the stars and planets shift during 2012 -2015 that we will become enlightened to who it is we are. I'll repeat this as you probably didn't read the post i did a couple of mths ago on it. We are leaving the Age of Pices - 'The Fish' "christianity"? and entering the Age of Aquarious "the age of Peace" 1000 yr reign? It may be speculation on my part but it's interesting don't you think? I dont believe we're only 6000 yrs old, we're most likely millions of years old, our spirits are evolved but our physical bodies have taken thousands of years to evolve on the intelligence level. It's possible that our spirits have been waiting for this to occur in order to help us evolve into the next level.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What does the creation of religion have to do with our spirits waiting for us to evolve

I think we are going to evolve and go to higher dimensions. Would we still evovle enough to do this without religion???? I am not a religious person my self.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If people had spent less time worrying about religion and more time educating themselves about science and the real world, maybe we'd be traveling to other planets by now.

Did anyone see that Nova special or whatever on PBS about the Archimedes palimpsest? His treatises were covered up with religious crap by some monk and stashed away in a monastery for centuries, and if it had been available to scientists we could have made modern day technological advances years ago. Oh...but I guess those religious texts (which were available elsewhere unlike those specific mathmatical theories of Archimedes) were WAY more important.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well people would have had to find another reason to kill each other since more people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Edit: Oops, wrong thread..

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by �any]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Why would there be no mankind if there was no religion? I am saying if religion was never created. I know if one person did not come up with it another would have thought of it , but then religion would be created.

This is what you are saying Ilovepizza, and ofcourse from that point of view you would have to say that mankind would still be there, if it was thought up.

However hundreds of thousands of pages, with technologies, aircrafts, anti-gravity, pyramids, stone-hedge, Gods wars, Hyarchie of Gods creating Gods and at least the hyarchie is 4 high (don't know if you know what I mean), would be "thought up", while persons back then didn't knew airplanes, didn't knew technologies, didn't knew radiation, didn't build the pyramids, sphinxes and stuff just for fun, and all over the world they aren't saying the same coincidentally.

So what if it is like this:
Something happened --- they described it --- religion texts.
And you ask now what would happen if religion wasn't there, then you would also have to say what caused the religions didn't happen, because it wouldn't have been thought up.

One part of what religions say is mankind was created to the equal. And after that we became technologically advanced (while 2 million years we were not, and then hundreds of thousands of pages were written, and we became advanced).

But ofcourse, then it is essential to say "hey the Egyptians didn't build those pyramids for Gods which didn't exist, and they weren't crazy", so you will have to give the persons which wrote about the aircrafts, technologies and stuff thousands of years ago (and building pyramids and the other buildings) some credit, instead of saying they thought it up.

But the choice is yours to make your own mind.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The world would be at peace if there was no religion.
There would be nothing to fight about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join