It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is too much at times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Alright, like anyone else, Ive got my own beliefs which some respect and others (mostly others) ridicule and mock. I really wish I could just round up these people and impale them. I hate athiests that think people with a spiritual side are infested with fairy tales (I hate most athiests for that matter), or traditional followers of God that think Im wrong. I guess it is just that absurd to have your own version of a widespread religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
" I hate athiests" With that mentality you just as well get used to being ridiculed and mocked. There are other people that hate and get ridiculed like the KKK for example. Hate is a strong word and used to describe alot of bad things. I would like to know what it is exactly that you subscribe to religion wise. I feel sorry for you man, going through life hating anything is not a good game plan for a fruitful life. Although I guess it's better than not having a religion in a lot of peoples eyes that tell me I can't have a fruitful life without a god.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150
" I hate athiests" With that mentality you just as well get used to being ridiculed and mocked. There are other people that hate and get ridiculed like the KKK for example. Hate is a strong word and used to describe alot of bad things. I would like to know what it is exactly that you subscribe to religion wise. I feel sorry for you man, going through life hating anything is not a good game plan for a fruitful life. Although I guess it's better than not having a religion in a lot of peoples eyes that tell me I can't have a fruitful life without a god.

I hate MOST athiests, most of my friends are ahtiests though cause most people with a religion either dont have anything interesting to say or they just have some unknown thing against me. I hate because Im human, its in my nature to hate, its just that emotion is stronger than all the other ones. Im quicker to feel it, and its always there, even if just faintly. And religion doesnt really need to have a god, it just needs to contain your beliefs.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
He did say "I hate athiests that think people with a spiritual side are infested with fairy tales", not just "I hate athiests". Moderate difference, there.

Personally, I hate the folks that say "I believe XYZ, and if you don't, then you are going to BURN!"

Or better, "I believe XYZ, and I don't see how an activity or organization is compatible with those beliefs, therefore said activity or org is evil, and made up of Satan worshippers (or what have you)."

And the clincher is, I don't know of any organized religion whose leadership espouses such intolerance. It's a minority faction of believers that always take that role.

The arch typical example, of course, is Christianity. Jesus had a nifty message... love each other, try to be a good person, etc. And look at the intolerance that is carried out in his name.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I hate MOST athiests, most of my friends are ahtiests though cause most people with a religion either dont have anything interesting to say or they just have some unknown thing against me.

So you hate most Atheists. And you think most Theists have nothing interesting to say. Sounds like you hate just about everyone.

Good luck with your life.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia

I hate MOST athiests, most of my friends are ahtiests though cause most people with a religion either dont have anything interesting to say or they just have some unknown thing against me.

So you hate most Atheists. And you think most Theists have nothing interesting to say. Sounds like you hate just about everyone.

Good luck with your life.

Cant be friendly all the time, cant help it if I cant stand people who say stupid things.

top topics

join