It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy = Pile of Poo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The minute I saw the Epic Movie trailer, I knew comedy and humor were going down the drain.

Epic Movie is not funny. IT'S JUST NOT. When I hear people at school talking about it, I feel like I'm going to vomit. I get more entertainment watching DISNEY CHANNEL (intended for audiences 6-12 years old) than this movie.

Critic Reviews posted on Yahoo! Movies (average rating D+)...

E! Online, Luke Y. Thompson
"Everything you loved about the past couple of years' blockbusters, only much less entertaining and with a lot more urination."

D-

Boston Globe, Wesley Morris
"...very little on YouTube is this unentertaining."

D-

San Francisco Chronicle
Mick LaSalle "Only a complete idiot could think this is remotely funny."

F

ReelViews
James Berardinelli "If you thought it was impossible for a film to contain less effective comedy than Date Movie, here's evidence to the contrary."
D

And here are USER reviews aka people with an IQ of < 50.

The new "movie" is better than Date Movie, and all the Scary Movies. This movie was the most hilarious movie ever! They had the perfect rip offs and I basically had visualized them while watching the movies they made fun of. GO SEE THIS MOVIE! - nemesis_of_rome

Epic movie manages, in an hour and a half, to remake all the funniest parts of epic movies, always keeping you guessing what is going to happen next. This movie was amazing, i do not think that I stopped laughing the entire time that I watched it. I found exspecially good because i had seen a majority of the movies that they were doing take offs on, this really adds to how funny you find the movie. I am so going to see this movie again, it is worth seeing at least once, if you are a fan of epic movies like I am. - trekkie392

And etc etc. I'm sure you don't want to read that. Try looking through the comments on Youtube, you'll see more people like "LMFAO THAT MOVIE WAS HILARIOUS!"

Someone please tell me. Why would this filth be considered remotely funny?
A 4th GRADER CAN WRITE A MOVIE FUNNIER THAN THIS.
All this movie does is take movies that have been a great success (greater than they'll ever be) and rot your mind using the same material. May this movie and its makers burn for lowering the IQ of our country further!!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Movies like these are made for the lowest common denominator of people in society, which is pretty low these days! All the producers are concerned about is making money, they don't care about anything else. 'Sure Jack, the movie stinks, but the plebs will pay money to see it.'

Most of the movies nowadays are either gross-out 'comedy', chick-flicks or no-story effects driven action pictures. The majority of these are sequels too.

It ain't gonna get any better soon!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Comedy, like one's taste in movies, in general, is extremely subjective.

The parody flicks, like Epic Movie or Date Movie, I find can be good for a cheap laugh. Every now and again, I want just that. But there is no way they can stack up to the 'real movies' of the spoof genre - Airplane, Animal House, Holy Grail, just about anything by Mel Brooks.

But keep in mind, I'm comparing absolute masterpieces to 'just some movie'. That doesn't mean the whole genre is slipping away...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Movies like Epic Movie are made for people like this:

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Comedy Overall isn't not that bad, but I agree its getting worse.

All we have today is really chris rock for standup, and I get a kick out of Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brien, other members of the sarcastic wiseass club.

The stand up comedy was a lot better with guys like Steven Wright, Bill Hicks, Steve Martin, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Rodney and Cosby, real artists who had an act.

Now we get Jim Bruer and Norm McDonald

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Agreed! I think we need to form a coalition of the willing to strike down on terrible comedy. Maybe we can just start kidnapping everyone who was involved in making one of these idiotic movies/TV shows, and hold them for ransom - that ransom being that they never make a movie again. Paresthesia, you can go after movies, I'll take TV shows (Sarah Silverman, argh.) People who make these incredibly unfunny and insulting films cannot be allowed to continue in their persuit to ruin comedy.

The worst part is that I'm sure I know of at least one friend who probably saw epic movie and loved it...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Movies like Epic Movie are made for people like this:

For Bill Murray? What's wrong with him?

Great comedic actor. Been too long since I've seen him in something really good, though. Alas.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Agreed! I think we need to form a coalition of the willing to strike down on terrible comedy.

Get five guys together to form such a club, and you'll have five divergant opinions on what is 'terrible comedy'.

People who make these incredibly unfunny and insulting films cannot be allowed to continue in their pursuit to ruin comedy.

Totally reasonable argument... OR, you could just not watch it, and let the system take care of itself.

If NO ONE liked a certain sort of movie, no one would watch it, and the economics would sort it out on their own. Nifty, eh?

The worst part is that I'm sure I know of at least one friend who probably saw epic movie and loved it...

Oh, man. That's awful! To have friends with tastes that vary from your own! Unthinkable!

Here's a thought... decide on exactly what you believe to be good, and recruit folks that think the same way. Then force your will upon all others.

Worked well for the Inquisition, the Nazis, and various religious extremists throughout history. What's a little genocide between friends? :bash:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I feel the same about this film, its people who ripped of Scary Movie (which got very old after the first film). I was surprised that it even made it into the theaters.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hobbes, you're taking this way too seriously.

Furthermore - I will continue my assault against tasteless comedy. Anyone joiners?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What is wrong with you people? Sure Epic movie was horrible, it made me want to go bulemic for a few days.. As did Date Movie.. Scary movie 4 and 3 sucked, totally.. But for any of you who will point your fingers at the Wayens Brothers, I curse you.. Scary Movie 1,and 2 were hilarious.. They had more Adult content, it was the craziest thing at the time.. Then they sold it to some white directors.. And they seemed to find anything funny. Atleast, thinking they did..
.. I think you all should reconsider on the scary movie one and two..

All I have to leave on is, Rup bum bum bum.. Yess.. take that..
Johnny Cash is the man in black

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
For Bill Murray? What's wrong with him?

No......for Carl Spackler.

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My only response to this thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

My only response to this thread.

The way you talk reminds me so much of someone from the YTMND forums.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
...who? Please tell me because I actually do go on the YTMND forums. =)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Okay honestly, I saw the movie. Some parts were stupid, but some parts were kinda funny. I did laugh. It wasn't so terrible. I think your making a big deal over something stupid honestly

Let it go.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

...who? Please tell me because I actually do go on the YTMND forums. =)

Well, obviously you're not from the YTMNSFW forums because then you would've recognized me. I'm Paresthesia on both sites.

I don't know anyone from the main YTMND forums, so I couldn't guess.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I do go on the YTMNSFW forums I'm Kacen. =P I see thats you...

I joined August 2nd, 2006 but on New Years Eve I think as a prank they set my join date to January 1st, 2007.

=(

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hmmm, comedy is a farce on T.V. Movies not much different.

We used to get the best of the best, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers from the UK, Three's a crowd, one of the few US copy's from the UK that was good, the old SNL ( john belushi
), The 9 o'clock news. I think we even had the odd good one here in Oz, The Big Ticket and the D generation.

Its all just crass now, nothing clever at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I do go on the YTMNSFW forums I'm Kacen. =P I see thats you...

I joined August 2nd, 2006 but on New Years Eve I think as a prank they set my join date to January 1st, 2007.

=(

LOL. Oh wow. What a small world. I joined YTMNSFW in December of '06. I'm a newb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join