It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian-Americans condemn 'Why I Hate Blacks' column

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
P.S. Here is the other article by Eng titled "Why I Hate Asians" It seems that writing "Why I Hate ____" is his favorite passtime.

I am pasting the whole article in case AsianWeek decides to pull this one too.

Article by Kenneth Eng

It seems like an odd title for an article written by an Asian Supremacist, but there are very good reasons why I hate many of my own kind.

The first thing I hate about Asians in America is how so many of them want to suck up to whites. I have had fistfights and verbal altercations with many who discriminated against me and my people. Sadly, however, the Asians who witness or hear about these battles often hate me for being "hypocritical," and tell me that "two wrongs don’t make a right." Do these sycophants think it’s "cool" to mindlessly side with whites and blacks? Is it not enough that we have to fight against discrimination? Now we have to fight amongst ourselves as well?

The second thing I hate about Asians is how little pride most of them have. This may be the result of societal brainwashing, but whatever the cause, it must stop. I am repulsed when I see Asian guys speak with British accents in an attempt to sound sophisticated. British people can’t be all that sophisticated if they don’t yet understand the concept of dental hygiene. I am also sickened when I hear Asian people imitate Negro slang in an endeavor to sound "ghetto." Am I supposed to be impressed that such a person emulates the attitude of a supposed slum resident? More importantly, whatever happened to being yourself?

The third thing I hate about Asians is how apathetic many of them are in terms of honor these days. If I saw an Asian being stereotyped in a movie theater, I would immediately stand up and shout incessantly at the screen so that none of the white audience members could enjoy the film. When I saw a white man yelling at an old Asian woman a few months ago, I walked up to him and hollered slurs right back in his Aryan face. But most other Asians, I am disappointed to say, would rather just chuckle at their own stereotypes on screen and ignore the problems of their brethren. At the risk of sounding corny, whatever happened to the days of the samurai? When honor meant more than life? Whatever happened to the age of Sun Tzu when we used to kick ass?

Don’t get me wrong. I love the Asian race, but every race has its inferiors.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have learned something... Humans (regardless of color), CANNOT forgive and forget... it is either one of them, but never both. Which eventually, stirs up hatred.

Just as all the BS almost settled down... less racist people, less race-related hate crimes (which turned into normal crime,
hmm, which makes it worse), etc. Then someone comes and shakes the hornets nest, and rascist BS starts all over again.

I got to hand it to black people, when it comes to religion... When they believe in a god... they stick to their rules (regardless of which religion), not like +90% of white people which are bigots, liars and hypocrites (here's an example, the great crusades, they killed in the name of christianity, which boldly states, Thou shalt not kill... give me time and I can find more examples). Blacks have at least a sense of fear towards a god... where whites, lack that kind of notion.

This rascism is really getting boring and really irritating. Bitching and moaning about what happened in the past... *We get rascist remarks because I'm black/asian/white/pink/blue/green/whatever*... Wow, soldiers get insulting remarks, bikers get insulting remarks, plumbers, lawyers, the list goes on.

As I said, NO-ONE can forgive and forget.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ahh... I read his article while waiting for my food at a diner and I was appalled at what I was reading. Literally, sitting right next to me was an African-American.

At first, I thought it was some kind of joke or a satire. I was trying to find SOME clue that pointed towards that, but obviously could find none.

It's generally true that in elementary to high school, African-Americans TYPICALLY aren't "friendly" towards Asian-Americans (from personal experience); however, it serves no purpose whatsoever writing his ignorant and racist rant. If we have learned anything from hate-speech, the only outcome is a BACKFIRE. Kenneth Eng is an obvious idiot and definately doesn't represent the Asian-American community...

What is he trying to do with his hate speech? Isolate the Asian-American community or spread hates between blacks and asians? Seriously, what an idiot...

[edit on 28-2-2007 by k4rupt]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_unraveller
I got to hand it to black people, when it comes to religion... When they believe in a god... they stick to their rules (regardless of which religion), not like +90% of white people which are bigots, liars and hypocrites (here's an example, the great crusades, they killed in the name of christianity, which boldly states, Thou shalt not kill...

Wow... first off, you condemn this man's racist remarks and then you set off on your own by generalizing 90% of white people by saying they are murderers, liars, and hypocrites? is their no end to your ignorance?

get the point?

Secondly, you quoting a law from the 10 commandments which serves as the backbone not only for chritianity, but the other abrahamic faiths as well. Seem like christians arent the only ones who have difficulty adhering to this right? oh, unless your a quaker.

Racism condemned yet supported by another type of racism. :shk:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think I have it partially figured out why racism presists, but I'm open to criticism. This theory might be completely obvious, or completely unlikely to some of you.

What is the main concern of man? To survive, to pass on his genes. Ideally we should each be attracted to the best possible choice of the opposite sex, and as they say.... birds of a feather stick together. We are naturally predisposed to fear the unknown, the ones who look "different". We are friendlier to those who look more like us, because they seem to pose less of a threat to us. Whether we are black, white, asian, hispanic,...We recognize our own and feel more comfortable around those who share not only our looks, but also our "culture". We are naturally trying to make more people that look and act just like us. Since we are preoccupied with survival and passing on our own genes, we fear other races (and sometimes even the same race but with different beliefs) who may seem to be encroaching on our territory. The more of them there are, the more threatened we feel. The more threatened we feel, the more we dislike this group, the more violent and hateful our reaction might be.

What race is currently the most feared in the U.S.? I could be wrong, but I think it might be the Hispanic race. The thing about the Hispanic race is that in some cases, many Hispanics are light-skinned enough to pass for white. This is just something I heard, but I was told that it was encouraged by many hispanic families to marry a white spouse. What's the next feared race? Probably Asians. China's population keeps growing, and so does their economic power. Of course they're still across the world, but I'd say people think they might pose a threat in the future. Although India has a large population, they don't seem to be posing a threat to the U.S. anytime soon. Black Americans were most hated when it seemed to the whites that they would quickly multiply and take over the U.S. if they weren't "kept in their place". That threat has gone down since, and so has much (but not all) of the blatant racism. I mean... next time you encounter someone completely racist, ask them why they feel that way. They'll probably tell you that "all the hispanics are taking our jobs", "they're having too many kids", etc. etc. It's the fear of being taken over by another race unlike them. What was the fear in the early 20th century? "The black men will rape and take our white women." The reaction? To torture, to subdue, to eliminate. Some people are still uneasy when they see a black man with a white woman walking down the street.

Seems to me that racism and racist crime is a result of trying to pass on one's own genes while feeling threat from other races taking over one's territory. It seems to be a natural reaction that needs to be suppressed if we want to eliminate racism completely, or at least make people aware of it so that they can keep it in check within themselves. It's sort of like the Lions and the Hyenas fighting for territory (or imagine any other animals competing for territory). They can't stand each other because they're both trying to claim the same territory and compete for the same food. They kill each other on a regular basis when possible. It's almost survival of the fittest...... race.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude
Also people think that blacks are physically superior because we basically dominate sports. The reason for this is because alot of black athletes come from the ghetto, and the main thing that people in the ghetto do to pass time is play sports. So over time your body gets conditioned to that of an athlete. So this is a case of nurture, not nature

In America this trend has more to do with the biggest, strongest, muscular black slaves were bred to produce healthy, strong, working offspring. The slave owners of US history bred the future athletes of American sports.....LOL! Seriously. Check out your typical real African tribesman......not very muscular at all, even if he eats well.

I remember when I was a kid in the 1960's the majority of the pro-basketball teams were white and could barely reach the baskets......that all changed. These guys nowadays can just reach up and touch it.......takes all the sport out of it, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
A lot of Asians don't like black people. I hear people saying that he doesn't represent the Asian community, but I don't agree. He may not represent the full Asian communtiy but he sure as hell represents a lot of them.

It is just like if a white person wrote this, and said they hate how blacks play the race card all the time, etc. Many white people dislike that to the n^degree.
Or Affirmative Action. Most white people don't like affirmative action (some agree with it though). I mean the guy may not represent the whole white community, but many feel strongly about the subsequent granted perks 'minorities' get for just being a minority.

And the problem is, black people are either portrayed as low lives, crack dealers, gang members, or annoying NAACP people like Jesse Jackson. Unfortunately many black people make other upstanding respectful black people look crappy to other races. That's one of the reasons why Obama won't be voted for president.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
arialText Black

Hi All,

I was doing some research online and happened to stumble across the posts on this topic. I began reading them around 12 noon EST and here I am finding myself here again checking back after a long day of classes and taking care of a friend of mine who is under the weather... Even though I am exhausted, I couldn't wait to rush home and review the latest posts. This is what makes America so grand -- The ability and right to state opinions with freedom of speech. But, also, what makes America, "The Land of the Free", so hard for some is the lack of understanding of different cultures.

I've read some really interesting posts here. Some impressed me and others have disturbed me. I am a black man. I'm actually African-American, Native-American, and Dominican. My skin is brown, therefore by American standards I'm automatically considered black. Okay, so be it. I'll be black. I love my skin even though at a very young age growing up in the suburbs of NJ I was confused why my skin color made me so different. Being one of 3-5 black students in an elementary class of 20-22, you quickly learn that whether you like it or not, you are not like the rest of the people in the room. And... They will have no problem reminding you of this everyday. All the time I would hear, "your dirty!" and I would reply, "no I'm not I just washed my hands..." as I put my hands out to show them my clean palms, and one would reply,"turn them over and look again!", to point out my black skin...Hearing jokes like this 2-3 times a day through out elementary school, will get to a kid. We all know life isn't easy, especially for kids these days, but look at what age the hate starts.

My best friend and next door neighbor was White-Italian. I loved them sooooo much. They were my second family, even though the father was a racist and hated the fact his son and I were best friends. My mom knew this but never brought it to my attention because she has experience with racism coming from the south and not being able to eat indoors and having to walk through back entrances. These are some thing no other group of people in this country will ever have to experience. While the father hated me, his mother loved me and my mom just as much as we did them. She would watch me when my mother (a single black woman who never touched welfare a day in her life. I know this is surprising to some of you reading this) would commute back and forth to work and keep an eye on me. When my best friend, Artie, and I would play we would sometimes fight as most young boys do, and one day it went beyond words. It got physical. It was bad enough that both his parents and my mom came running out of the houses and into the front yard to break it up... the only thing that stopped me dead in my tracks from swinging the next punch was when I heard his father call me the "N-word". I immediately looked at my mother to fight this battle for me but... she just told me to come in the house and watch tv for a while. THAT WAS IT!? This showed me that there was never any respect from his side and to him I will never be good enough. This hurt me because although Artie and I got into one of our usual weekly altercations, I still loved him and his family dearly. Top me, i didn't see skin color... but to them, or his father at least, I will always be a worthless "N-word". However, karma is alive and well. Unfortunately, Artie's father became ill and couldn't work anymore and later the family couldn't afford to pay rent, so they had to move... Unfortunately, they had no money for this transition and who do you think paid their rent for the next couple of months... That's right, the single black parent whose son is better known for being a "N-word". My mother has class.

Getting older, I understood that I will never be considered the same. There really isn't any equality. So what if I graduated with honors in my high school.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by OK2HateMe]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
CONTINUED...

I will never fully fit in. I would hear from people in the Honor Society... "i didn't think he was that smart". "He wasn't that smart to me". Even though I worked hard to achieve the same accomplishments they did. Why was mine discounted?? Why was the majority of everything we learned revolved around the white aspect of how this country was structured? Or the White countries of this world? Very little discussions on the contributions of Africa (except slavery) and Latin America. I've traveled to a few other countries and their education far exceeds ours. Especially when it comes to understanding the cultures of other nations in the world. America is solely involved with itself and with that, you lose out on educating the young on the other cultures you share this country with.

Something most white people in this country will never have to deal with is walking home at night or even in the day for that matter and have to be subjected to racial profiling by the people that are supposed to protect you. I've witnessed this more than enough times. I have never been locked up. I have never robbed anyone or a liquor store. i don't do drugs nor do i sell them. But for some reason, my color puts some people off. I'm hated for being born. This is what America has taught me ever since I was able to get an education. America is teaching our kids to hate and not understand that we are all different and we have different cultures to respect. It's not teaching us to respect that we are different and to embrace that. That's what made this country. And for those that don't understand or appreciate affirmative action, try being a minority and being told that you are not qualified for a job when you most certainly do have the credentials and experiences to perform better than the other candidates because of your skin color or sexual preference. People wake up it happens. It happens to Latinos, women, Blacks, Asians, and more. If this was a perfect world we wouldn't be responding to this post. It happens. It happened to me while I was in school in the state of NC and it will happen to someone else somewhere else.

I'm not here to talk bad against any one race or culture because I am educated and experienced culturally enough to know that it's not smart to generalize a group of people. We have all had our bad experiences with a person of a different race/culture. It's funny, the white cops in the south that racially profiled me were nice than the black ones. I have some wonderful white friends that treat me better than my black friends. My Asian friends have never done me wrong but I know some of their parents don't like the fact that they hang out with black people. GET OVER IT PEOPLE! NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE IF YOU DON'T OPEN YOUR EYES! If we all take the time to talk to someone different each day, this country would be one step further in the right direction.

Simply, I can go on forever on this topic but I won't. I'm tried as hell and don't think I can form anymore complete sentences. I am done.

Each one Teach one

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

your own by generalizing 90% of white people by saying they are murderers, liars, and hypocrites? is their no end to your ignorance?

I never said anything about murdering... My point to why I mentioned the crusades was, White, English people... decide to go and recapture Jerusalem from Muslims (middle-eastern people)... But in the christian faith... You shall not kill, for no reason what-so-ever. But brought hell to the arabian people.

en.wikipedia.org...

The immediate cause of the First Crusade was Alexius I's appeal to Pope Urban II for mercenaries to help him resist Muslim advances into territory of the Byzantine Empire. In 1071, at the Battle of Manzikert, the Byzantine Empire had been defeated, and this defeat led to the loss of all but the coastlands of Asia Minor (modern Turkey). Although the East-West Schism was already beginning to brew between the Catholic Western church and the Eastern Orthodox church, Alexius I hoped for a positive response. However, the response was much larger, and less helpful, than Alexius I desired. The Pope called for a large invasion force to not merely defend the Byzantine Empire, but also to retake Jerusalem.

Ignorance - lack of knowledge. Don't go shooting your mouth off to people and calling them ignorant, when they can find the knowledge right infront of them (the internet).

Religion aside.

Prove me wrong (to name a few)... Hitler was white. Napolean was white. Bush is white. Look at Kent Hovind (also white) for example, he is a strong believer in christianity... then commited fraud. You can commit crime... as long as it is in the name of some god, right?

When (one's) a bunch are the same... they're all the same, right?

get the point?

I get the point.

Secondly, you quoting a law from the 10 commandments which serves as the backbone not only for chritianity, but the other abrahamic faiths as well.

Christianity was an example. Islam is also as bad as christianity, as well as judaism. My point being, if you really believe in a religion and say that you follow every word this god says... THEN you are a strong believer (whatever color you are). Saying it, and doing the opposite, and say God/Allah/etc will forgive me... Then you're a (religious) hypocrit.

Racism condemned yet supported by another type of racism. :shk:

another type of rascism?

Religion aside again, this is about racial bigotry. I stated my point, I'm not going to repeat myself.

Here's another example... who decided to enslave black people? You know the answer...White (most likely religious) people. Want more? Read my post again. Then hopefully you'll better understand my point.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by The_unraveller]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OK2HateMe
CONTINUED...

I will never fully fit in. I would hear from people in the Honor Society... "i didn't think he was that smart". "He wasn't that smart to me".

I've heard people say this even if the person was white. If someone astounds people, like great SAT scores yet doesn't seem that smart, people will say, "I didn't know he was that smart". Race is not included.

Very little discussions on the contributions of Africa (except slavery) and Latin America.

What have they contributed that was so great? Those countries for the most part are poor and are in turmoil and many of their people are trying to get into the richer/white countries illegally. It isn't racist. There just isn't much that Africa and Latin America are contributing to the world. Same with the Middle East.

America is solely involved with itself and with that, you lose out on educating the young on the other cultures you share this country with.

America is a melting pot. We have many cultures become Americanized/modified to become American culture. You are no more African than I am European, yet you are the only one saying you are African yet you aren't really. Your ancestors were.

Something most white people in this country will never have to deal with is walking home at night or even in the day for that matter and have to be subjected to racial profiling by the people that are supposed to protect you.

Why do they do racial profiling? Is it because they are racist or because they are basing their feelings on statistics? White/black/hispanic cops all racial profile. They aren't racist against themselves, it is because black and hispanic people have enormous crime rates compared to white people.

It's not teaching us to respect that we are different and to embrace that.

No we should teach that we aren't that different. The only thing that is different is some physical characteristics. So we aren't that different as people.

And for those that don't understand or appreciate affirmative action, try being a minority and being told that you are not qualified for a job when you most certainly do have the credentials and experiences to perform better than the other candidates because of your skin color or sexual preference.

When have you ever been told that you aren't qualified for a job because you're black?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

CONTINUED...

I will never fully fit in. I would hear from people in the Honor Society... "i didn't think he was that smart". "He wasn't that smart to me".

I've heard people say this even if the person was white. If someone astounds people, like great SAT scores yet doesn't seem that smart, people will say, "I didn't know he was that smart". Race is not included.

It's real easy for someone to be subjective to a situation when they never had to face it themselves. You weren't there when such comments were made. You didn't hear the tone and you didn't see they way they looked at you while they stated their thoughts. Nor are you privvy to any of the other comments relating to my skin color. It's real easy to sit back and have a come back and play devil's advocate. But the truth of the matter is you probably live in an area with little to no interaction with races other than your own. And the only view you get of the world outside of your bubble is through TV.

What have they contributed that was so great? Those countries for the most part are poor and are in turmoil and many of their people are trying to get into the richer/white countries illegally. It isn't racist. There just isn't much that Africa and Latin America are contributing to the world. Same with the Middle East.

This is where your ignorance kicks in. Africa, believe it or not, is the mother of all civilization. Think Egypt... That was the first metropolis. That's where the number system, curreny, reading and writing to communicate was initiated into our lives today. Africa is where they found the oldest body known to man. Majority of all the gold and diamonds that were worn by Kings and Queens were found in Africa. Africa and the Middle East contains the largest quanity of Petroleum. Something White America has been after for years... You are a good example of why America has so much predjeduce. You seem like a smart man but not smart enough to gain insight to world outside of your bubble... Sad. You should travel more.

America is a melting pot. We have many cultures become Americanized/modified to become American culture. You are no more African than I am European, yet you are the only one saying you are African yet you aren't really. Your ancestors were.

You never heard me say I was African nor did you read that. I guess you're "generalizing" again... Sad. You really made no point here.

Why do they do racial profiling? Is it because they are racist or because they are basing their feelings on statistics? White/black/hispanic cops all racial profile. They aren't racist against themselves, it is because black and hispanic people have enormous crime rates compared to white people.

Good question. I don't believe it has anything to do with statistics. It has been proven that the statics have been tampered with. I believe that it has more to do with racist conditioning. This country is only 15-17% black or hispanic. There is more white people in this country committing crimes and getting a lighter or no sentence for their wrong doing because they have the means to back out. And this is a proven fact. Unfortunately, when a group of people are conditioned to having nothing, they won't want more. This causes problems for everyone but mostly for the less inclined. It's brainwashing.

No we should teach that we aren't that different. The only thing that is different is some physical characteristics. So we aren't that different as people.

But we are different. We need to teach that our similarities bind us and our differences make us all special.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

CONTINUED...

When have you ever been told that you aren't qualified for a job because you're black?

Hmmm... 1995. Never told me I wasn't qualified because I was black. "I just don't have the look that would fit in with the company's appearance and their clients". This was at an insurance firm in NC.

When have you ever been told you aren't qualified for a job because you are white?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It's real easy for someone to be subjective to a situation when they never had to face it themselves. You weren't there when such comments were made. You didn't hear the tone and you didn't see they way they looked at you while they stated their thoughts. Nor are you privvy to any of the other comments relating to my skin color. It's real easy to sit back and have a come back and play devil's advocate. But the truth of the matter is you probably live in an area with little to no interaction with races other than your own. And the only view you get of the world outside of your bubble is through TV.

Actually my 2 out of 3 best friends are black, and I live in South Florida, not exactly a bubble
. But anyway, it was an honest suggestion. You mentioned that people said "I didn't know he was that smart", and then said it was because you were black. Now you added people looked at you weirdly too. What would you like me to say? Poor you? I feel so bad that you were a victim of racism (if that's what you would like to call it).

This is where your ignorance kicks in. Africa, believe it or not, is the mother of all civilization. Think Egypt... That was the first metropolis. That's where the number system, curreny, reading and writing to communicate was initiated into our lives today. Africa is where they found the oldest body known to man. Majority of all the gold and diamonds that were worn by Kings and Queens were found in Africa. Africa and the Middle East contains the largest quanity of Petroleum. Something White America has been after for years... You are a good example of why America has so much predjeduce. You seem like a smart man but not smart enough to gain insight to world outside of your bubble... Sad. You should travel more.

Listen...if all you can come up with is that we probably started off in Africa and there is a lot of gold there and a lot of fossil fuels in the Middle East to back your argument that Africa and Latin American countries have contributed so much to the world then...my point has been made.

Try to find a list of things that Latin America and Africa have contributed in modern days minus genocides and drug wars.

You never heard me say I was African nor did you read that. I guess you're "generalizing" again... Sad. You really made no point here.

Sorry you said you were African American. Which you aren't African. So I really did make a point there.

Good question. I don't believe it has anything to do with statistics. It has been proven that the statics have been tampered with. I believe that it has more to do with racist conditioning. This country is only 15-17% black or hispanic. There is more white people in this country committing crimes and getting a lighter or no sentence for their wrong doing because they have the means to back out. And this is a proven fact. Unfortunately, when a group of people are conditioned to having nothing, they won't want more. This causes problems for everyone but mostly for the less inclined. It's brainwashing.

Wait first...are you saying hispanic+black=15-17%? If so your numbers are too low.

And you are right, there are more white people committing crimes, but there are more white people. Black men are around 7 times more likely to commit a crime than white and almost 5 times as likely to commit a crime than hispanic men. With those statistics, why shouldn't cops look at black men with more suspicion? Isn't that just logical?

And who are you blaming for black people having such high crime rates? You said they are being brainwashed and conditioned to have nothing. But whose fault is that to you?

But we are different. We need to teach that our similarities bind us and our differences make us all special.

We need to focus more on similarities.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think this column is stupid and ignorant. I find it interesting that his previous columns didn't "make the news", though. I think this paper knew perfectly well what Eng was doing and knew the flap it would cause. Because it was about blacks. And they let him write it.

Why I hate race-baiting columns

No AsianWeek manager can claim surprise at the column. Eng is a self-described "Asian supremacist," who wrote a "Why I hate Asians" column in January. In November he wrote, "White people hate us and will always hate us." Unlike the anti-black column, those columns sparked no Chronicle story and no City Hall resolution against AsianWeek.

"It's kind of shocking that those two other articles did not bring the level of attention" to AsianWeek as the anti-black article, San Francisco Supervisor Ed Jew, who is an Asian American, told me. Jew believes the anti-Asian and anti-white columns should have received the same scrutiny as the anti-black screed.

Except the Special City has a way of making excuses for bigotry and intolerance -- when they percolate from the left or ethnic groups. Imagine if a white columnist or conservative politician had made the same remarks about African Americans. You wouldn't see NAACP dons flocking to a post-slur town meeting.
Be it noted, Eng has the First Amendment right to express his low opinion of black people. As San Francisco State journalism professor Yumi Wilson explained over the phone, bloggers post this sort of racist rhetoric every day.

And I agree with those who say that this race stuff is being put in our faces to distract us from the important stuff going on in the world. It's all bright lights and (pardon the pun) pretty colors.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Hmmm... 1995. Never told me I wasn't qualified because I was black. "I just don't have the look that would fit in with the company's appearance and their clients". This was at an insurance firm in NC.

When have you ever been told you aren't qualified for a job because you are white?

The typical African-American blaming his skin color for not being qualified for a job... does anyone else find it annoying?

If it's true what you say, then take it up with the gov't agencies that deal with this.. if you didn't, then why do you come here moaning?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Wait first...are you saying hispanic+black=15-17%? If so your numbers are too low.

No, I clearly stated that each group was 15-17%, but i will break it down more for you... the Black population is 12.7% while the Hispanic population is 17.1%.

And you are right, there are more white people committing crimes, but there are more white people. Black men are around 7 times more likely to commit a crime than white and almost 5 times as likely to commit a crime than hispanic men. With those statistics, why shouldn't cops look at black men with more suspicion? Isn't that just logical?

Even if your stats are true, it's not logical. Should I look at every white guy in America as a racist and continue to expect Affirmative Action? It's a two-way street.

Mod Note: I have never seen such a big quote before.. Calm down on the quotes a little bit, will ya???
Quote shrunk a bit

[edit on 1-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
OK2HateMe, These will help you with quoting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

Originally posted by k4rupt

The typical African-American blaming his skin color for not being qualified for a job... does anyone else find it annoying?

If it's true what you say, then take it up with the gov't agencies that deal with this.. if you didn't, then why do you come here moaning?

...I didn't come here moaning at all. Fortunately, you never will have to face certain acts. I'm just speaking about my experiences. Something you lack. You have a great way of telling me the way I feel about my personal experiences are wrong. But none of you can have any legitimate feedback except statistic points that have been proven to be doctored. The reason why you can't understand my experiences is because you have been lucky enough to never have to face them. And, I'm not sad about it nor am I "moaning". I'm just expressing something that has happened to me and I'm sure you'll never understand.

And to answer your question, no I did not report my 1995 incident to a gov't agency because I didn't want to be a "moaner" or a "bitcher". I moved on and got a job somewhere else. But i will tell you this, a few years later that company was reported to a gov't agency for their negative acts and had to pay a hefty fine. It all caught up to them.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Woah... now YOU ARE the one making assumptions.

How do you know I've never faced discrimination in my life? You don't even know the BEGINNING of MY STORY growing up in a predominately WHITE neighborhood and white CATHOLIC school and you're going to talk to me like I've never faced discrimination and racism?

You see, the difference between ME and YOU is that I DONT use "discrimination" to explain my failures. My father came to this country speaking NO ENGLISH and began working at Jack-in-the box... oh he was ethnic alright, being shat on constantly... I don't even need to begin the countless stories of disgusting racism that was threw at him. Now, my family is better off than 99% of Americans.

I grew up with that in mind, so DON'T YOU DARE use racism and discrimination as an excuse.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by k4rupt]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join