It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you belive theres only one kind of alien or many?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
do you belive theres only one kind of alien?

i hope its not like there r just 2 inteligent spices like we and 1 other or r there allot of diffrent spices so 500years from now(if our spices still exist then) we could be watching another spices?

sorry 4 all the miss spelings

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well according to some sources there are 200 that have visited the earth...... chances are there are probably around 7000 in our galaxy alone and maybe even 27,000 in the universe so far

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
nobody knows for sure how many species are out there. Some of the adept say there are 57 different species/races (Clifford Stone)

If there were 7000 in our galaxy, there would probably exist more than 27000 in the whole universe, as there are billions of galaxies out there

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Personally I am very sceptical of the people who claim they know for sure of all these different races, but I do believe in them and why assume if they do exist that there would be only one?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have also heard the 57 number. "57 species have visited this earth" (not my qoute) but in the infinite universe, there could possibly be millions of species. Just dont think about it too much because you will be driven to insanity with the realization of how little us humans know.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jemblem62
well according to some sources there are 200 that have visited the earth

Which sources? Can you please supply a link?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
At this point in time, I believe there are exactly zero intelligent ET species, since there has yet to be even one proven to exist. So I guess they're all the same at this point. Hypothetical.

If you believe there are some out there, then your range of estimates goes from 1 to approximately half of infinity.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
dahl

What I know for sure is that there are exactly 218 races visiting Earth, all different, all much further advanced than we are, all from close by in our galaxy. And that there are over 5200 advanced races participating in our union of five galaxies.

There are a relative few races in our union area that are still primitive and not counted as members yet. That includes us.

There are countless intelligent races of people in countless unions of galaxies in countless universes.

I know for sure strictly from my own experiences with the organization of visiting races themselves, and please note that I never expect belief from others just because I share what I learn.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Could be many. But whether or not they are what we refer to as "intelligent life" is another topic altogether.

I'm thinking microbes, single celled organisms, etc. In the vast cosmos, I am almost certain there are many instances of "life" such as that.

But to think there are little grey or green men, coming here to experiment on cows, or human subjects, and to make crop circles no, I don't believe in that aspect.

@EarthSister -

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Believing that there is only one type of alien is almost the same as believing that humans are the only form of life in the universe.

In a universe with billions and billions of stars and galaxies, ask yourself:Could it all have been made for the human race on Earth? Such a vast universe has infinite chances of life springing up on other planets besides the tiny blue dot we call home.

To think we could be so arrogant to deny the assumption life exists elsewhere in the universe.

Theories say that the universe is around 78 billion light years accross (not saying thats accurate, just the truthiness of wiki) Doesn't it seem plausible that others may not have technology to travel such vast distances to other places. (we certainly don't)

So back to your question, are you asking how many have visited earth? or how many exist in the universe? Not that I have the right answer to either but I can be sure of one thing: There are way more alien species that exist beyond the small amount that have touched down on earth. Its just a matter of waiting until they develop enough tech wise and have the urge to join the party down here with us.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Chronic_Blaze]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze
Believing that there is only one type of alien is almost the same as believing that humans are the only form of life in the universe.

I'm only aware of the one. If you know of any others, I'm sure we'd all love to hear the details.

In a universe with billions and billions of stars and galaxies, ask yourself:Could it all have been made for the human race on Earth?

Who said it was "made" for anybody? Jesus? The universe was here a long time before human beings, and it'll be around a long, long time after we're all dead and gone.

Such a vast universe has infinite chances of life springing up on other planets besides the tiny blue dot we call home.

Well, what if the universe used up all of those "infinite" chances and only managed to come up with life on this one planet? The odds are exactly the same. You don't have a very good understanding or probability and statistics.

To think we could be so arrogant to deny the assumption life exists elsewhere in the universe.

I read that a lot. I don't understand how it's "arrogant" to look at the available proof, which offers no clue that there is life anywhere but here. It's not as if I gain anything from having that attitude. What am I going to do "brag" about us being the only intelligence in the universe? To whom? Makes no sense at all.

It would be cool to find out there are other intelligent beings out in the universe. It might help us think a little more kindly toward the 6 billion human intelligences and multiple billion animal intelligences on this planet that we generally tend to either ignore or try to eat.

You can talk about "probabilities" all you want, but that doesn't magically make aliens exist. We haven't found as much as a single little living microbe outside the Earth's atmosphere. Maybe we will someday.

But here's another statistics quiz: If we find another intelligent lifeform on another planet, does that: a) increase, b) decrease, or c) have no effect on the odds that there are even more ET intelligences out there? Take your time.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I read that a lot. I don't understand how it's "arrogant" to look at the available proof, which offers no clue that there is life anywhere but here. It's not as if I gain anything from having that attitude. What am I going to do "brag" about us being the only intelligence in the universe? To whom? Makes no sense at all.

The only proof you can get is from NASA and thats only from probes which have only explored a fraction of our own solar system, let alone our whole galaxy.

. We haven't found as much as a single little living microbe outside the Earth's atmosphere. Maybe we will someday.

This is a tiny viewpoint when looking at the whole picture. Our telescopes cant make out the signs of life on other planets, and cant see them close enough to even see detail. Our probes have only explored bits of our solar system. We don't have the technology to travel vast distances in space. That said why is it implausible that other species aren't in the same position. Just cause we haven't found them doesn't mean they don't exist. Like I said before it will take time (maybe alot of it) before we get there or they stumble upon us here. Yeah the universe was here before us, so its highly likely that there were others here before us to. Youre saying thats its more likely that life developed on 1 out of say 20 billion (real # way higher) planets, than life also popping up on another planet on the other side of the universe.

But here's another statistics quiz: If we find another intelligent lifeform on another planet, does that: a) increase, b) decrease, or c) have no effect on the odds that there are even more ET intelligences out there? Take your time.

Are you talking about our solar system? If so I would say C. We haven't studied nearly enough planets outside the system to make such an assumption. The best we have is looking for a planetary wobble through hubble, and all that shows is there is a possiblity of a Jupiter sized planet by a particular sun. Seeing as weve already seen hundreds of these, the possiblity keeps getting higher as more are found. With the new telescopes we should find out if they have planets around them that can support life.

Just cause we don't have a next door neighbor, doesn't mean theres nobody living further down the street.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In my opinion there has to be more than one type of Alien out there. We have many races here on earth, so why wouldn't there be more races of aliens. There are most likely hundreds of species. This universe is HUGE! SO why not?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Did anyone ever think of the possibility that the "Big Bang" didn't create all the universe, but just our local galaxies? What if infinite "Big Bangs" occur all over an infinite universe, sprouting infinite galaxies? I suppose there would be infinite habitable worlds.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahl
do you belive theres only one kind of alien?

I believe there is only one kind of alien...imaginary.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Of course not, considering how big the universe is, theres probably millions of other races out there.

There can't be just one or two, theres atleast a thousand...I'm sure of it.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
At this point in time, I believe there are exactly zero intelligent ET species, since there has yet to be even one proven to exist. So I guess they're all the same at this point. Hypothetical.

If you believe there are some out there, then your range of estimates goes from 1 to approximately half of infinity.

Obviously you have not figured out how to make money by channeling Visitors from the Pleiades!

I had to laugh at that chick on the show talking about that. She had no idea that the constellation was a closely spaced group of stars only when viewed from Earth. In reality, they are millions of light years apart when viewed from the side; so they're not a 'group' at all.

I'd have to agree that it is likely there are no intelligent beings from other planets visiting earth. The first visitations, if there are any, would be in the form of unmanned vehicles, or of micro-miniatures. It's much more cost-effective than sending a full-sized manned craft.

However, I would have to agree that if it were somehow proven that we were being visited in real time (not in hyper-dimensional space) by life-size aliens then the probability that there are many of them goes way up.

In fact, if you think about it, it's a corollary of the Fermi Paradox (why aren't they everywhere)

en.wikipedia.org...

If one visitor had made it here, there should be many of them - it should be like grand central station inside MiB Headquarters!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What if we are a smaller micro oraganism on a bigger micro organism.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

What if we are a smaller micro oraganism on a bigger micro organism.

That's basically a logical paradox. You can't describe certain inherent properties of a system while operating -inside- that system.

Another way of putting it is you can't think 'alien' thoughts, because you're a human. Speculating involves a human centric prejudice.

So for there to be a concept of a 'elementary' particle, being a whole universe, or having a universe for which ours would be equivalent to a microorganism would basically invalidate the laws of physics as we know them.

To describe this new 'physics' (why a super large body wouldn't collapse under its own weight) we'd have to be outside our system to understand it.

Since we can't then the question has no answer. Not pro or con, simply unable to be answered.

I think this paradox is usually illustrated by the question 'is there free will'.

You can't know that, prove it, or discuss it because it involves something outside of your current paradigm. It would be like trying to explain 'up' to a 2-dimensional being.

HTH.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Because love is holding it up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join