It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quality of Romanian Ak-47/WASR 10

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
with the friggin dems trying to pass another friggin assault rifle ban, I have decided to go ahead an buy an AK-47.

Has anyone used/owned the Romanian AK-47? Were you impressed with it?

Most of the reviews I have read said they are medium to high quality Aks.

Opinions?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
thats what I have read as well, just a few things to watch out for

Synthetic handguards - They melt off the barrel.

Bent sight - about 10% have a bent sight that must be replaced

IMPORTANT!! Bent gas tube - Make sure you check it before you get one.

Now that I have given my knowladge, I must rant.

MAN I FRIGGIN HATE LIVING IN ILLINOIS, WERE A SPECK OF BLUE IN A SEA OF RED AND ALL LONG GUNS HAVE TO BE BOLT ACTION!!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey thanks! I will and I appreciate your comments. and to answer your question as to why your a blue state in a sea of red, chicago,

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
you lunatics and your guns.
it never amazes me the things you sometimes do.

''' hey love, lets get an AK47... i think it'll really improve our life ''''

MANIACS!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ask this question at the AKForum, you'll get a more detailed and informative response pertaining to Purchasing a good quality AKM.

www.akforum.net...

[edit on 27-2-2007 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thanks cole. Really appreciate the link

Call us what you want agit8d, but Im not going to be disarmed during war time. Whatever genius thought this up needs to go home. No one thought we would be attacked on 9/11. What if we are ever invaded? You wouldnt be calling us maniacs then.

By the way, its not the legal gun owners you should be worried about. Its the ones who obtain them illegally that should scare you.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What good did your guns do on 911 xphiles?A lot of americans seem to use that kind of logic in their defence of guns but all you seem to do is shoot each other with them.You"ll wipe yourselves out before anyone invades you.How many people invading usa have been shot by americans compared to how much americans have been shot by americans

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
XphilesPhan, No point in arguing with an anti, They base there reasoning off pure emotion alone, They could care less about statistics, or the fact that law abiding gun owners aren't the problem, which is the only people said laws will effect, The fact is the Government is trying to disarm the populace and for what reason? It sure wont stop crime i promise you that. Just as the 94 ban didn't stop crime nor will this, But they kinda ignor that fact don't they, So for what reason would they be trying to disarm us? Could it be just maybe, For the very reason our founding fathers, Put the second amendment there in the first place?

A armed man is a Fee man my friend, No free man needs permission to protect himself.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Does anyone know when Congress will meet again to vote on this assault weapon ban bill?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The WASRs are the low end of the AKs. I would suggest saving your money a bit and getting a nicer gun. I myself have an ARSENAL AK made in Nevada, so I don't have to worry about parts counting or anything like that. Mine is also chambered in 5.56x45NATO so ammo is more readily available.

Why don't you head out to Wal-Mart and pick up a copy of SHOTGUN-NEWS. They have dozens of advertisers selling AKs and several sources for AK parts. Have fun, be safe, and welcome to the community!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
The WASRs are the low end of the AKs. I would suggest saving your money a bit and getting a nicer gun. I myself have an ARSENAL AK made in Nevada, so I don't have to worry about parts counting or anything like that. Mine is also chambered in 5.56x45NATO so ammo is more readily available.

Why don't you head out to Wal-Mart and pick up a copy of SHOTGUN-NEWS. They have dozens of advertisers selling AKs and several sources for AK parts. Have fun, be safe, and welcome to the community!

Thanks, I know that the WASR is the low end of the AK market, but you cant really beat that price and as a college kid, Im not exactly rich.

Yeah, I intend to order one form shotgun news if I cant find one in the stores. thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
What good did your guns do on 911 xphiles?A lot of americans seem to use that kind of logic in their defence of guns but all you seem to do is shoot each other with them.You"ll wipe yourselves out before anyone invades you.How many people invading usa have been shot by americans compared to how much americans have been shot by americans

Well, Im not going to argue with you and being against the second admendment is about as un-american as you can get. The secobnd admendment is in the constitution for a very good reason. I mean for gawds sake, people complain endlessly now about bush. Imagine a real tyrannical government.

As for your question, 9/11 wasnt a ground based assault, but just because it wasnt doesnt mean it cant happen. The government is not going to be able to come to your aid immediately if the US is invaded, didnt you learn anything from katrina? Your going to have to be able to fend for yourself. Thats the problem with this new mentality in america, they dont take initiative or responsibility for themselves because "the government will do it for me." That isnt always the case. Part of the identity of americans is that we tend to like very little government interference. Well, it used to be.

to simplify it for you, gun control used to be verypopular in nazi germany, soviet union and other tolitarian governments, I wonder why?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
you lunatics and your guns.
it never amazes me the things you sometimes do.

''' hey love, lets get an AK47... i think it'll really improve our life ''''

MANIACS!

Uhoh, someone left the door open and let the Brits in again.......

Our "rampant killing" doesn't seem to stop countless plane loads of them arriving every day, unfortunately. One of life's many annoyances.

As for your AK choice, they all work, but if you have the $ I would strongly recommend an Arsenal, they really are worth the extra.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Retseh]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Azador Article from Washington Arms Collectors Mag.
An aging former Admiral of the Japanese Imperial Navy was interviewed and asked why they did not invade the west coast of the U.S. after Pearl Harbor, since it was very vunerable and unprotected after the Pacific fleet was devastated. His answer: "We knew that the population of citizens of the U.S. were armed and ready." This is the most important statement I have ever heard in defense of armed citizens and the second amendment. No one can win a war or revolution with a shotgun. Either you are going to be prepared to protect your property and family from all enemies, foreign or domestic, or you are not. Your choice.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Heres a site that lists American companies that make and assemble AK's. Your probably beter off looking at these than imports. i bought an Ak that was made from three differant countries parts and it was not a fun weapon to shoot.

www.ak-47.us...

Hope this helps.

Zindo

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Romanian AK's are pretty good in my opinion. I have one that has never jammed through 5,000+ shots, and I don't take real good care of it.

The Arsenal Ak's are by far the best you can get, extreme quality, and they are much improved in the accuracy dept. I have seen an Arsenal SA-M7 shoot a 1 1/2" group at 100 yards with wolf military classic ammo. That is really good.

I would stick to either a ak-74 chambered in 5.45x39, or an ak-47 chambered in 7.62x39. If you do get one chambered in 5.56 nato make sure it is an arsenal. I have seen a romanian one chambered in .223, and it was a total POS.

I think you would be happy with the romanian, I am. Mine shoots 2-2 1/2 inch groups with crappy ammo. It works no matter what type of foul weather, it is dead reliable.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
get the wasr 10/63 , its made to mil spec and around $500

'' GP WASR-10/63 (Pistol Mitralieră 63)
These are Romanian military spec AKM clones. They are currently used by Romanian Special Forces. They are currently being made, and because they are mil-spec, they are of higher quality compared to normal WASR rifles.

The 2007 GP WASR-10/63 also has an updated front trunnion with added contact support for the bolt carrier.

A WASR-10/63 with an underfolding stock was introduced into the product line in 2007''

[edit on 8-9-2008 by bravo40]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I hope I'm not too late to jump in on this topic.
I too have been looking at Romanian or WASR AK's .
I heard alot that they are "bottom of the barrel" type AK's but I have looked at several WASR's and higher end AKS's as well. The most noticeable quality issue I have seen on Romanian AK's is the finish, Usually they have no muzzle brake (although they may be threaded for one), The wood is cheap and the final metal finsh isn't the greatest, all showing machining marks and not very well polished metal parts overall, This seems to be the biggest quality issue is final finishing. I know three guys who bought them and they seem very happy with the function of these guns, They are just ugly but ugly is a relative term regarding AK's anyway as even well finished ones are not what you would call pretty or graceful. The Romanians do seem to be as reliable as the higher end guns but they aren't much to look at. Two of my friends have replaced stocks and forearms and added muzzle brakes and greatly improved the appearance of their Romanians. If you just want an inexpensive battle rifle you can toss in the trunk and not worry about it I'd probably go with the Romanian, You can't make it look much worse but it will probably shoot no matter how bad you treat it.
For a guy on a budget they aren't too bad.
I would recommend the 7.62 version though. I'm not too crazy about the 223 in any gun.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a WASR will go BANG and hit 6-7 moa every time you pull the trigger, spend twice the money pluss some on a high end AK and you'll be able to go BANG and hit 2-4 moa ... choice is yours but if it were me id get a WASR and up grade the trigger then slap on a tapco saw grip and call it a day $500 tops !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join