It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hi all, I consider myself quite logical with plenty of common sense but can't figure this out:

I went out on a hunting trip with my step dad, sister and a few other family members about 10 years ago. After dark my sister and I climbed in the back of the pickup and did some star gazing, warm, very clear night, milky way was visible. We started tracking what we thought to be a satellite, although moving slightly faster and slightly brighter. We followed it with our eyes for a couple of minutes, typical straight line movement (from our viewpoint), until it began moving slower and then almost to an abrupt stop before it shot off at an angle (30-45 degree), so fast that within a fraction of a second it was gone. We looked at each other and made sure we both saw what we thought we saw... most definitely yes. To this day I am still astonished and hope someday will be able to witness something like that again. Anyone else seen similar or have an explanation? No drugs, no alcohol, not tired or worn out...

[edit on 27-2-2007 by jclstepp]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
well a few years ago there was a lunar eclips we were watching through my telescope. We saw this fast moving spinning object moving towards the moon, came to the moon, shot straight up, over, down and straight again. It looked like a big white dot in the telescope(wasnt a powerful telescope, cant remember the zoom level), and was moving real fast. My dad and me both saw it.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Bright lights don't do much for me, but a abrupt stop, and rapid aceleration in another direction would qualify as a ufo with me.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
can't explain away the story with the moon but I might be able to offer a non-ufo explanation to the opening post.

It could have been debris hitting the earth atmophere, drag making it slow down a tad but being at the wrong angle it bounced off the atmosphere instead of punching through.

But it's hard to say from just stories. how much did it slow? what amount of acceleration as it went off? a small acceleration could be energy picked up bouncing off the atmosphere, but not a large acceleration.

interesting story though.

Seeing as we're talking memories/stories here.
here's the only ufo-ish experience I've had:

It's short.. long time ago...

I was driving home from luxembourg to holland with my dad when I was maybe 10 - 12 years old.. maybe 9.
While driving through the ardennes I saw big blue light on the passenger (right) side of the car. it had an orange/red light rim around the blue light.
To me at the time it looked like it was the underside of something. Couldn't see anything of a shape the lights belonged to but then again it was pitch black past the few highway lights in that area.. it's pretty underlit, at least back then.

I remember telling my dad that I saw something strange to the right. He quickly took a peep out the window and wen't mmmm while redirecting his eyes to the road again. "think that's a watertower or something like it" was what he said more or less.

All good and well, I didn't pay attention anymore. when a couple of seconds after it was on the left side above the scenery.

So I asked my dad why it was on the other side now, just a kid I still knew towers don't move.

He glanced to left side looking at it when it was suddenly gone.
I don't remember anything suggesting movement at all..

At first it was stationary on the right. then stationary on the left and then gone. no noises, no suggestion of movement like streaking away at high speed or some such at all.

Personally I don't think much of it now. I was a kid which opens up possibilites of other explanations. My dad was a kidder so he might have played along with my suspense.

As he's no longer with us I can't talk to him about it anymore and ask him what he seriously thought he saw.

The thing that bugs me about it is the right to left side of the highway and being sure that we did not make any turns or such.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by David2012]

[edit on 2-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jclstepp
Hi all, I consider myself quite logical with plenty of common sense but can't figure this out:

I went out on a hunting trip with my step dad, sister and a few other family members about 10 years ago. After dark my sister and I climbed in the back of the pickup and did some star gazing, warm, very clear night, milky way was visible. We started tracking what we thought to be a satellite, although moving slightly faster and slightly brighter. We followed it with our eyes for a couple of minutes, typical straight line movement (from our viewpoint), until it began moving slower and then almost to an abrupt stop before it shot off at an angle (30-45 degree), so fast that within a fraction of a second it was gone. We looked at each other and made sure we both saw what we thought we saw... most definitely yes. To this day I am still astonished and hope someday will be able to witness something like that again. Anyone else seen similar or have an explanation? No drugs, no alcohol, not tired or worn out...

[edit on 27-2-2007 by jclstepp]

Taken at face value, that's pretty anomalous, but with the right timing and geometry, it could have been reentering space debris. However, the really fast and abrupt turn is hard to explain unless it's very close to you. We it overhead when it made the turn, or closer to the horizon?

[edit on 2-4-2007 by disownedsky]

new topics

top topics

join