It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global strike X-43B wind tunnel mach 5 test video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
the following link is a video of the Global strike X-43B wind tunnel test at mach 5.
I was just trying to find more links and webpages to book mark with interesting up to date news etc on aviation(If you know any let me know). Thats when I came across this link on the PM website. Its a pretty neat vid but leaves me wondering why and how to di-sect the info in the test.

The link:
link.brightcove.com...

What do you guys and gals think? Just wondering if anyone has seen the video or has a more indepth understanding of anything that they see happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Nice find Canada!

From my understanding it's not an x-43B it's a test scramjet engine firing designed for use in the X-51 Prompt Global Strike waveriding missile.

popular mechanics article

The first stages of Prompt global strike plan to use Trident missiles fitted with conventional warheads. These warheads would probably use the tungsten 'rods from god' technology currently in development. As far as I am concerned this is insane, a trident is a trident and enemy radar will not be able to identify it's payload. They launch a return nuclear strike before the conventional weapon lands and it's all over! Typical example of idiotic, closed minded thinking on Rumsfelds part! OT rant over.

The test in the OP is a wind tunnel firing of the scramjet engine they may use in a B-52 launched missile. I would imagine the missile would use an SRB to boost to hypersonic speeds before firing the scramjet.

Cheers

Rob

new topics

join