It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be your role as ATS president?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'm asking this to all the candidates, because I think that the 'office' is still a little undefined (and probably purposely so).

I mean, an ATS president doesn't have any actual 'powers' or 'reponsibilities', so what do any of you see the role of ATS President being?

Will it be something like a 'shadow government', that is, a parallel to the actual American government, that makes statements on what it would've been doing, thus serving to critique the administration in power? Similar to how there is a tradition amoung the British to have whatever opposition party isn't in power to have a 'Shadow Health Minister" or "Shadow Prime Minister", etc?

Or do you see the role of ATS President to be something related to board activity, similar to the Council or DISC?

Will it be a mixture of both, and if so, which do you see as the dominant aspect?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, to me, on here, it will just be a title. I mean,...
I suppose that one could try to keep up with events and announce what they would do as opposed to what actually was done. Honestly,I am just doing it for fun.Although,I do believe that many of my ideas would be much better for the country than what is being propagated by many politicians nowadays.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well I think that Skeptic Overlord put the job description down already

Our newly elected President and Vice President team will be awarded their own dedicated forum on AbovePolitics.com (and "Politics" menu item on the ATS content archive) where they will become the site's official political commentators on the events leading up to the actual election in 2008 and more. The team will be the only two able to start new threads in the forum (though anyone can reply), publish articles to the main site archive, and share advertising revenue from their own Google adsense ads.

So that is what I will do...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
True that Whatukno, however I will also put new cheaper vending machines near all forums!!

Commentating and the like is all I thought the job entitled, he said "and more though" so maybe theres something else??

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
True that Whatukno, however I will also put new cheaper vending machines near all forums!!

Commentating and the like is all I thought the job entitled, he said "and more though" so maybe theres something else??

Could be and if so I will be able to rise to the challenge.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I would suggest that the role of the ATS president is that of commentary on the actual election, comparison of our policies that got us elected with those of with the main runners in the real thing and the ability to add a little bit of our own "colour commentary" into the proceedings because - lets face it - these elections can be a bit dour at times

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Candidate Whatukno

How? What will you do?

Candidate Neformore
comparison of our policies that got us elected with those of with the main runners in the real thing

Do you feel that once the US election is over that the ATS Presidency is defunct?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Do you feel that once the US election is over that the ATS Presidency is defunct?

Not at all. I think its an excellent platform to allow the elected member and his/her VP to comment from an "expert" (hey they got elected!) standpoint on the policies of the new President and the actions undertaken by his/her administration and put their own theories and ideas to the test in the mix as well.

[edit on 27/0207/07 by neformore]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well, apart from what Skeptic has stated the ATS presidency wil be.

I think stating what one would do when a major event comes about.
Pretty mcuhnthe same thing the president does, just without the real
power to take action or do anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
representing and defending the political community and all members of ATS. in my eyes, the president on ATS will start and help grow the political debate on ATS.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Candidate Whatukno
How? What will you do?

That question is quite vague could you be more specific?

I could organize a write in campaign for a candidate that would be more effective thain those that are running for office IRL.

I could start a letter writing campaign agains bills as the one that was stated elsewhere in this group of threads.

I could organize and coalate petitions to submit to congress for ATS members.

It would certanly help to know what else would be expected as I am capable of a lot of things.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
In addition to the main forum responsibilities, I plan to foster debate by holding my patented votes on real topics, for the ATS community to vote on. I, in my spirit of a direct democracy, will even open the voting up to anonymous members, provided that we can keep the same IP from voting more than once(admins will have to help me here,
).

There's a few other surprises that I'm working on, but to find out what they are, you'll just have to elect me to see!!

See ya at the voting booths,

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I mean, an ATS president doesn't have any actual 'powers' or 'reponsibilities', so what do any of you see the role of ATS President being?

The role of the ATS President and Vice President is to foster debate in the 2008 election forum by starting new topics related to the 2008 election.

The high standards of ATS will also be upheld.

Will it be something like a 'shadow government', that is, a parallel to the actual American government, that makes statements on what it would've been doing, thus serving to critique the administration in power?

That would be pointless since members do that every day on AP minus the labels.

Will it be a mixture of both, and if so, which do you see as the dominant aspect?

I could see an AP version of conspiracy masters.
Other wise the ATS President and Vice President would encourage members to post on AP and make use of the existing resources such as the debate forum. It will be up to members to decide if they are better off with the two positions evolving.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by xpert11]

df1

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Under my administration the role of the ATS President will be to define the vision for America on ATS despite the constraints imposed by the invisible hand of the "Three World Order", TWO aka the three amigos. As everyone is quite aware, this all powerful cabal can silence any President with no regard for the will of the ATS voters. Regardless of the "powers that be" I will fight to represent the interests of the American people in the face of whatever dark & sinister perils that it may be necessary for me to confront.

It has been rumored that a number of my fellow candidates have long ago sold out to the TWO and have participated in secret meetings of the infamous TriAmigos Commission. Though nameless, ye shall know them by the "Mark Of The MOD".

My sources tell me that Alex Jones is putting together a video expose showing them dancing naked around the demon statue of Kermit, the "horny toad" at their annual "Muppet Grove" meeting. Legend has it that this amphibious beast derives his power from having carnal relations with farm mammals that wear dresses and lipstick for Kermit's pleasure. In his video Alex will interview one of these tragic victims, known only as Miss Piggy, so that she can squeal her story to the world.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by df1]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Would be to further my agenda towards world domination.

Start off small President of ATS, the US, then indoctrinate the World with my Alexander like Philosophy.

Sorry MOD I just could resist.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Aside from what has already been pointed out I think that the process here is the key. An election the way it SHOULD be. One of issues not one of party politics and mudslinging.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
ATS should not be mingled by meaningless such things. I believe in a direct democracy for ATS where all of www.abovetopsecret.com's members could directly participate with the President and the Vice President, when I am, if I am ever to be President of ATS I shall make my theories clear and concise. I shall make a topic for suggestions of what topics that I should make from my supporters and even people who don't support me so that they can get their opinion heard and I will comment on what other people have to say. People who don't like being criticized, are another story.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Will it be something like a 'shadow government', that is, a parallel to the actual American government, that makes statements on what it would've been doing, thus serving to critique the administration in power?

Yes. Exactly. Something like a scrimmage match or a role playing exercise - serious and yet fun but not to be taken lightly or in jest. The chance to wear the President's shoes, so to speak!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
In terms of dealing with the 2008 election forum a cabinet that consists of one to four assistants appointed by the President and Vice President. The cabinet members could come from the ATS general population or candidates who took part in the election.

The ability to start new threads in the 2008 election forum would be the privilege that cabinet members enjoy.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by xpert11]

[edit on 18-3-2007 by xpert11]

top topics

join