It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Falcon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This article talks about the massive sweeps of citizen arrests that have
been going on. The last one apparently was last October. This article is pretty scary and I am wondering what others think of it. I'm especially interested in what law enforcement types have to say.
Apparently there were thousands of U.S. citizens rounded up, including thousands who haven't been charged with any crime, i.e. we don't know what their "crimes" were.

informationclearinghouse.info/article17190.htm

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
www.usmarshals.gov...

You do realize that the Marshals go after fugitives, and those with warrants, while other law enforcement agencies deal with the remainder of the investigations/apprehensions. After looking at your info and at their site, I didn't see anything nefarious having happened. We can start worrying when they stop apprehending criminals, and start rounding up regular folks for the "Halliburton Detention Facilities."

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Are you really going to believe a govt propaganda site? It does't give you any info about the rest of the people who were arrested. Further, they don't need a warrant to arrest you, in this operation. WHAT are the crimes of the people who aren't sex offenders, etc. that are on their little list? Who else was arrested and what was their crime? The govt website does't tell us - does it.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That was the US Marshals site, but I guess folks that aren't directly involved are more in the know about the program? Do you think that if 10,000 or 30,000 folks were rounded up, that weren't criminals, that you'd be able to keep that story out of the news? How many family members, journalists, coworkers, friends, acquaintances, etc...would have to be kept quiet?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh I love how people get so worked up about blogger articles. Did you notice how there just weren't that many facts that show that there is a police state? Also notice the use of words such as "probably, maybe, could be, etc". This is nothing but an op ed and he's "probably" a raving lunatic.

Last time I checked it was a good thing that criminals were rounded up and put away. As far as local authorities getting in sync with federal authorities - isn't this what people have been asking for? When 911 happened, everbody said it was because the authorities were uncoordinated and local governments don't work well with federal agents. Now they're working on that process and all of a sudden we're in full police state. Pretty broad jump if you ask me.

A lot of cities have these sweeps of criminals. They do it for 2 reasons, 1) it's usually around voting time and they want to look good for catching all the criminals, and 2) it's easier to put all your resources towards one big sweep on one or 2 days rather than dealing with petty things like speeding and jay walking.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is a duplicate thread.
Please post your thoughts in this earlier thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join