It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Clone a Jesus!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman
Even if it was a clone of Jesus it wouldn't be Jesus. It wouldn't have his memories or, if you believe in such things, his soul. It would be a modern human and would grow up in a modern world. Of course this clone could be 'educated' to think he was Jesus, but wouldn't be him.

Reminds me of the movie The Boys From Brazil where Josef Mengele was cloning Hitler. He was trying to place the clones in a similar social and religious situation as the real Hitler's upbringing to see if he could create an exact copy.
Great movie by the way.

As far as Jesus is concerned, like I said in another thread yesterday, how can you clone someone who's body was ressurrected and ascended to Heaven? What Cameron is doing could be seen as blasphemous in a way.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Heck, maybe they'll find the bones/DNA of the rest of the Apostles, maybe Pilate, Josephus, and then clone them all....they could open up a sort of "New Testament Jurassic Park", featuring reenactments of major Bible scenes (who wouldn't want to see a "live" version of the Sermon On The Mount, or the Beatitudes...)

*ugh*

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyes2see
Heck, maybe they'll find the bones/DNA of the rest of the Apostles, maybe Pilate, Josephus, and then clone them all....they could open up a sort of "New Testament Jurassic Park", featuring reenactments of major Bible scenes (who wouldn't want to see a "live" version of the Sermon On The Mount, or the Beatitudes...)

*ugh*

Excellent. I'd definitely pay it a visit! Great thread...

As for the whole cloning business, if the Dulce base is as real as some people say (it's just as tangible as Jesus/God) then cloning this guy isn't going to be too much of a problem. There are theories out there that say your memory is encoded into every cell in your body. If that is the case then this Jesus character could in fact be cloned with his actual memories - and then when he tells us all he was just a magician/illusionist/conman there will be a lot of unhappy bunnies. The clone will prove one thing though – the fact that he definitely wasn't white!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Even if it was a clone of Jesus it wouldn't be Jesus. It wouldn't have his memories or, if you believe in such things, his soul. It would be a modern human and would grow up in a modern world. Of course this clone could be 'educated' to think he was Jesus, but wouldn't be him.

That is the most sensible thing to remember when talking of cloning famous people.

If I cloned Mozart, he wouldn't be sitting around writing symphonies he never finished in life. He'd probably sit around playing video games, or watching movies. And if you asked him to play the piano he'd probably look at you as though you were insane.

Just because you clone Jesus it doesn't mean he's going to save us. He could grow up to be a lawyer, or a librarian, or even a drug dealer. It would be most ironic though, if the clone of Jesus grew into a Satanist.

Heck, maybe they'll find the bones/DNA of the rest of the Apostles, maybe Pilate, Josephus, and then clone them all....they could open up a sort of "New Testament Jurassic Park", featuring reenactments of major Bible scenes

That's too cool! I can see it now. Tourists watching as Jesus turns water to wine, when suddenly a storm forms and shuts down the fences. People run around screaming "JESUS IS LOOSE!" and then the Saviour tips of a car and roars!

[edit on 27/2/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

That is the most sensible thing to remember when talking of cloning famous people.

If I cloned Mozart, he wouldn't be sitting around writing symphonies he never finished in life. He'd probably sit around playing video games, or watching movies. And if you asked him to play the piano he'd probably look at you as though you were insane.

Just because you clone Jesus it doesn't mean he's going to save us. He could grow up to be a lawyer, or a librarian, or even a drug dealer. It would be most ironic though, if the clone of Jesus grew into a Satanist.

Heck, maybe they'll find the bones/DNA of the rest of the Apostles, maybe Pilate, Josephus, and then clone them all....they could open up a sort of "New Testament Jurassic Park", featuring reenactments of major Bible scenes

That's too cool! I can see it now. Tourists watching as Jesus turns water to wine, when suddenly a storm forms and shuts down the fences. People run around screaming "JESUS IS LOOSE!" and then the Saviour tips of a car and roars!

[edit on 27/2/07 by JackofBlades]

HAHAHA, You all watch to many movies!

It's hard to say if a clone would have the same thoughts, beliefs and activities as its predecesor. I mean, we have cloned animals, geneticaly the DNA is the same, they look the same, but will they act the same?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

IMO this is a very scary situation it threatens the very foundation this country (USA) is built on If this is proven to be true it could be said that all Christianity is a story book tale and that is a possible fact.

AlBeMeT

Jesus was not Christ and never wanted to start a religion in the first place this was done long after the "body" of Jesus was dead. Jesus was not a "body" far from it. Like Buddha Jesus was a man that was awake and one with the singularity. Many have done this on their last incarnation but were not famous for it.

Most of what Jesus said was misquoted and twisted to fit into a controlling religion. Jesus was "Truth Love Forgiveness" this is the secret to the trinity. The universe is an illusion that we create, Jesus was beyond that illusion and like all of us was not a body but a portion of the singularity most call God.

DCP

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i saw this one on star trek...the klingons made the fake guy an emperor...The clone Jesus could be the pope?? IMO It wouldn't surprise me if Jesus had a family, the greatest miracle is producing life. Anyway Jesus would know that his kids would be the face and voice of the church, and a high percentage of people would follow his decedents blindly. Not all of his offspring would be Pius and infighting would destroy God's message. Not to mention, if someone killed his descendants that would lead to one mean war. An example if a Muslim would kill Jesus great(50th power) grand kid as a terrorist act, the middle east would be glass. I don't believe Jesus likes genocide, so.... IMO If jesus had kids he would have kept it one the DL for the greate good of the world.

side note
if you clone Jesus, it that a one way ticket to HELL, do not pass go do not collect your $200???

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

My Conclusion: DNA is not the only factor in cloning you would have to have there exact conditions you were born in like the biggest factor would be you need your same mother at the same age she conceived you at ETC.

So with that said Jesus’ DNA would not be enough you would need The virgin Mary at the same age as she conceived Jesus at. By now she is well over 2000 years old so its imposable.

Update: They supposedly found his mother Mary in his tomb! What if they cloned her waited until she was at the age she conceived Jesus at then they used her to carry the DNA of Jesus would that work?

I don't think that it would still work. I believe the soul exists, and you can't force the soul to go into a clone body or to recreate the exact same person. That goes against freewill IMHO. Especially with the soul of an extremely powerful person as Jesus (met him once... details in a RATS thread).

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah I can see it now.

"This is a different Jesus... clone another"

"Wrong Jesus"

"Need another Jesus"

"3 down.... still not the right Jesus"

How many people were named Jesus? And I don't care about all this statistical crap they have been spouting on about with the names saying how rare it would be to have all these names in one area.

They would never be able to prove it was actually Jesus. Even if they reconstructed the face.... we don't even really know what Jesus looked like. Don't people debate that already?

I don't know much about the subject.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Yeah I can see it now.

"Wrong Jesus"

"Need another Jesus"

I’m not sure I understand what you’re getting at here with this part of your post.

If you had the dna Made this Jesus fellow and you came to the conclusion it wasn’t right, why go back and try 2 more times?

Also we do not have anything physical to compare it to so most would take the first draft as correct imo of Corse .

AlBeMeT

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If Jesus did have a family, and therefore a bloodline could they not use the DNA found to track down his living ancestors? Heck hey do it with Vikings, why not Jesus?

Edit:// I'm aware this would probably mean a world wide DNA hunt...

[edit on 1-3-2007 by FudgeStix]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yeah I can see it now.

"Wrong Jesus"

"Need another Jesus"

I’m not sure I understand what you’re getting at here with this part of your post.

If you had the dna Made this Jesus fellow and you came to the conclusion it wasn’t right, why go back and try 2 more times?

Also we do not have anything physical to compare it to so most would take the first draft as correct imo of Corse .

AlBeMeT

Im talking about how so many people were named Jesus back then. Who is to say we would have the correct "Jesus"

And yes of course we have nothing to compare it to. The only thing they are going on is with names. That means nothing.

If I found a tomb that had Bart, Lisa, Marge, Maggie and Homer do you think it would be the Simpsons?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
are you saying that they've found the tomb of the Simpsons?! Now, that is really something!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Im talking about how so many people were named Jesus back then. Who is to say we would have the correct "Jesus"

And yes of course we have nothing to compare it to. The only thing they are going on is with names. That means nothing.

If I found a tomb that had Bart, Lisa, Marge, Maggie and Homer do you think it would be the Simpsons?

Actually I am waiting for the Family guy to do a spoof on this subject

AlBeMeT

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Here's a thought....

They do infact clone Jesus, but the egg splits and twins are born

Christ and Anti-christ.

Makin's of a good movie right there.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Just one question. How do they know it's Christ's DNA? If I'm correct then all they can say is that the DNA shows that it was a family group, but again I ask, how can they know what family it was?

See, now that is the trick.

It doesn't matter if its the Christ. (at least the one sold to Christians...)

The second coming...what would the 'true' Christ have to say if he came back...hmmm, nothing - thats why Christian puppet leaders say he will go from gentle lamb to roaring lion to kill those who he loved so much that he 'died' and raised back to life to save.

A bit of double think, and I know passages they use to back up the idea...but still double think.

So, second coming...yep, I can see a dna cloned 'jesus' coming back to set up his earthly kingdom...(which ironically he was against, and his lack of desire to fight romans led to Judas betraying him.)

Interesting stuff...for me, I will stick to the teachings I understand Jesus and paul to be saying, and I will give the vengeful Jesus back to those who want him.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Something to think about with the dinosaur cloning theory, they have discovered soft tissues inside the fossilized bones and these soft tissues could be used to discover the DNA that creature contained... They said they will be looking into other dinosaur remains to see if any other bones contained a good sample of bone marrow or other soft tissues.

A few links on that topic:
news.bbc.co.uk...

www.sciencedaily.com...

pharyngula.org...

So what if they were able to extract similar material out of a body that has been in a tomb? The remains wouldn't have had to stand as long of a test against time as the dinosaur remains would have....

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaTaX
Something to think about with the dinosaur cloning theory, they have discovered soft tissues inside the fossilized bones and these soft tissues could be used to discover the DNA that creature contained... They said they will be looking into other dinosaur remains to see if any other bones contained a good sample of bone marrow or other soft tissues.

A few links on that topic:
news.bbc.co.uk...

www.sciencedaily.com...

pharyngula.org...

So what if they were able to extract similar material out of a body that has been in a tomb? The remains wouldn't have had to stand as long of a test against time as the dinosaur remains would have....

Wow nice find
Thank you for them links lot of good info here!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If it is actually Jesus, I'd like to know what the religious take on cloning would be in this situation because usually there's always a load of christians saying it's unethical etc.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Heh, could you imagine it? They would probably claim it would create the anti-christ...

In all seriousness I have wondered this.. If you clone a human, does it receive a soul?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join