It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power: Gore Mansion Uses 20X Average Household Consumption

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by Regenmacher
So when is Schwarzenegger going to convert his hummer to run on hydrogen?

Sri Oracle's hot water comes from a copper/granite tile, rooftop, home-built passive thermosiphon device.

Sri Oracle's food is most often cooked on a paint can hobo stove, with wood scraps left over from carpentry projects.

Sri Oracle runs B20 biodiesel in his rigs.

Who cares what Schwarzenegger is doing... or what Gore is doing.

What are you doing?

I am,

Sri Oracle.

I like your way of life Sri.
I will be getting closer to living like you over the next couple of years.
Please U2 me if you have any advice.

As far as this thread.....

You rabid right wingers jump at any chance to bring a man down, no matter how infantile the tactics.
No, Im not a leftie, but I damn sure will never align myself with a party that stoops to incredible depths so that they can feel/look good.
Dont you fools read the news, global warming is not caused by Al Gore and his mansion/office.
Keep pointing fingers, all the while a 'conservative' in the oval office has passed the largest budget on record.
Keep pointing fingers while a 'christian' bombs women and children on the off chance that he might kill a terrorist amid the civilians.
Keep pointing fingers while Americans are dying daily in two foreign lands, with plans to expand to a third.

Yeah, this is newsworthy.
Oh yeah, have you seen Britneys haircut?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes, another thread just started up saying that Bush's private house in Texas was way more green than Gore's plantation.

thread

Guess that effectively counters the oft-repeated argument by logansrun that Gore could be expected to have a huge energy-wasting house since he was the ex-vice president. Well, turns out the current president and vice president have much more modest (and green) private homes than Gore does.

Gore = hypocrite on this issue. Any way you care to look at it.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

No "theory" about it. You dont understand the grid very much do you? I suggest you educate yourself on the power grid and how it works. Power is sold accross state lines all the time. Do some research before you make such an ill informed statement.

Yes they sell the energy across state lines, I'm well aware of that, but they don't direct it to one specific residence. Meaning if I purchase X amount of wind power from Nevada, even if it does get sold across state lines it's not being moved all the way to my residence specifically. It's being added to the total amount available on the grid.

Unless he's within a fairly decent distance of the alternative energy source all he is doing is helping a different locale offset their energy from the local powerplant ... his is still having to crank out energy from traditional sources.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things if he's reducing the same amount of power in another jurisdiction than globally there's a reduced impact ... but probably not locally.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas

I suppose in the grand scheme of things if he's reducing the same amount of power in another jurisdiction than globally there's a reduced impact ... but probably not locally.

I wouldn't say globally, more like regionally - and no, not locally. That is how it works though. Power that is produced from renewable resources costs more money right now as there isn't an extensive infastructure to support it fully. People pay extra (as Gore does) to pay the cost of the "green power". This extra money is then reinvested to expand current renewable sources such as hydro, geo thermal & wind farms, etc...
Regardless of where you are on the grid, you pull juice just like everyone else - no one is debating that. In fact the majority of the juice that Gore uses comes from coal burning plants - as that is what they have in that region. HOWEVER, most power companies offer "green" programs that offset the use in other areas. That isn't being taken into account in this thread, nor is the logical use of the property they are attacking.

I noticed centurian posted a link about one of Bush's private homes - very cool indeed but I already knew about it. The cost must have been extreme but cool none the less. Very efficient, earth friendly and uses renewable resources - if only Bush's public policy on the environment was as green as one of his smaller houses. It is funny as centurion compares one of Bush's many small private residences to Al Gore's largest, but hey what does the truth have to do with this thread, right?

Unfortunately, that is only one of Bush's properties, no mention of his Craford, TX ranch - not that is even the point of this thread. This whole thread is biased and intentionally misleading. We have more than proven that. I am now going to focus my efforts on other areas - perhaps I will start a thread with the sole purpose of countering this thread, or perhaps about the conservative smear/ propaganda machine....yeah that sounds good....

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
He should have already put into place the energy saving measures that he tells the world too. I don't care if he lived in a 500 sq. ft. home or a 10,000 sq. ft. mansion, he should have already made his homes up to the effeciency levels, he claims we all should.

This really is not about democrat or republican, the enviroment is an issue we all should be concerned about and Gore has done more to make us aware of the issue than most and he should be credited with that, but he should have realized it was just as important for him to clean up his own backyard so to speak as the rest of us.

Thank you ... I agree completely. People seem to be getting into a mindset that this is a Republican or right wing smear of Gore. As a Democrat I also voted for Gore.

But I expect people to be honest, if they run around supporting some issue and trying to enlighten people to see the world through their eyes ... well I also expect them to live by the same standard that they are espousing. It's a silly standard, I know.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
But I expect people to be honest, if they run around supporting some issue and trying to enlighten people to see the world through their eyes ... well I also expect them to live by the same standard that they are espousing. It's a silly standard, I know.

Thank you. Nice to see from someone on "the other side of the aisle".

No, it's not a silly standard. It's the right standard to have, and it's called honesty. After all, that was the general purpose of this thread in the first place. To point out that Gore wasn't walking what he was talking - when he's had more opportunities than most citizens to lead by example. Too bad so many posts on this thread represented nothing more than a couple dems "circling the wagons" in a blind attempt at defending Gore when this time he frankly doesn't deserve it.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There are hypocrites in every walk of life, but politics draws them like flies.

Gore gave a speech at the University of Oklahoma yesterday tying hurricane activity to global warming with no evidence whatsoever. In fact, Mr. Gore has no scientific credentials whatsoever but still tries to tell the rest of us how to live. Not only does his house waste energy, so do the private jets that fly him around to make his unfounded environmental alarmist claims. He has refused to debate Global Warming publically despite many offers to do so. Gore is a pathetic example of a person selling Global warming as a religion. He is a hypocrite extraordinaire.

I really resent that my tax dollars paid for him to come here to try to spread his particular variety of manure in Oklahoma.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You know what gets me about this godforsaken thread is the fact that I would say 90% of those on here bashing him over his electrical bill (because of his work on global warming) do far less themselves to save energy than he does. THAT is the hypocricy.

Can any of you tell me what you do to save energy and to help the planet? i have mentioned what I do several times. What do you do? If it is nothing at all then you should just shut up about Gore.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Suggestion:

Start a new thread that asks that question. Personal conservation methods is not the topic of this thread.

To remind everyone, the topic boils
down to whether Al Gore is being hypocritical on the subject of global warming by not doing for himself (for whatever reason) what he is preaching that everyone else should do.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No the topic boils down to how long some of you can keep this thread going so that you can continue to trash the man.

Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wait! You might be onto something there. Maybe if we turn down the heat
on Gore, he'll think that global warming has eased and leave us all alone.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think that response proves the vacuousness of this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Wait! You might be onto something there. Maybe if we turn down the heat
on Gore, he'll think that global warming has eased and leave us all alone.

Not a chancve in our life time. Gore will milk this for all it is worth he is making fools of people wwhile he laughs all the way to the bank he is making big money with his nonsence.

Media Ignoring Gores Finacial ties to global Warming

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks. That article is the perfect expose of what I've been saying all along that this global warming scam is nothing but a business to Gore.

Here's an excerpt:

Former Vice President Al Gore has built a Green money-making machine capable of eventually generating billions of dollars for investors, including himself, but he set it up so that the average Joe can't afford to play on Gore's terms. And the US portion is headed up by a former Gore staffer and fund raiser who previously ran afoul of both the FEC and the DOJ, before Janet Reno jumped in and shut down an investigation during the Clinton years.

Stinks to high heaven, without a doubt.

[edit on 3/2/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This whole thing is an opportunity for Al Gore. an excellent opportunity.

If he really really cared, and wanted to walk the talk. He would say:

"you know what, you're right. I am going to change the way I use energy.
I am going to green-up my properties, I will make a movie of the whole thing, and present it as a REAL documentary. So others can learn"

It won't happen. Be he could view this as an opportunity to show people HOW TO CHANGE"

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have a plan for saving energy, whenever I see Al Gore on TV, I turn it off.” Ann Coulter.

I believe she has it right.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
To all the valiant Gore defenders that have posted about Gore's use of so-called "carbon credits" as a way to try and explain his hypocritical actions, along comes some very interesting news posted in this thread:

Gore carbon credits?

Boiling it down for those unwilling to check it out; it turns out that Gore purchases his so-called carbon credits from a company ***trumpet fanfare*** (you had to know this was coming!) owned by Gore!

Headline news flash: Gore has his picture added to the dictionary next to the word hypocrisy.

[edit on 3/4/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: centurion1211

1.23.2023 Update fyi

How AL GORE's net worth ballooned to $330 million dollars, by scared the daylights out of people.

He is shrewdly evil: truthsocial.com...

<< 4  5  6   >>

join