It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans as fanatical as islamists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Whilst many want to paint those of the Muslim faith as fanatics and class them as evil and from the dark side what about American religeous fanatics.

America and its people are a very religeous lot but do they have a fanatism like some of the Muslim faith. Dont US troops say they are doing Gods work in the ME, dont they say they are fighting an evil entity.

Is it that or is it one evil ideology fighting the same thing one set of beliefs that feels itself superior to all others. When I see the type of religeous hysteria at some American church meeting it seems to be the opposit of the quite Muslim way of preaching and saying prayers.

Is their no difference and its just a case of all mainstream religions having their own fanatical core, that once hyped up they are ready to do anything in the name of their religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
answer: yes, americans of any faith can be just as (if not more) fanatical as the most fanatical islamists.

just watch the documentary "jesus camp"

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

Are Americans as fanatical as islamists

In my opinion, NO.

I do not recall people of islam meddling in America's business (overall gov. policies) in such a degree as America has been in the Middle East's business and overall government policies.

How many American Military Installations were there throughout how many Islamic countries in the past 50 years?

How many Islamic countries have military bases inside the United States?

Som times i think our (American & Islamic) fanaticisms are in relatively equal amounts.

However the means to implement the fanaticism more effectively belongs to the U.S., perhaps.

America has conquered/overthrown 2 countries in the last 5 years, althought we make it sound like something else when we label it as "Liberated".

How many countries has fundamental Islam conquered/overthrown in the last 10 years?

To be honest with you, I'm not sure we are always totally informed about all the details of what is truly transpiring in the world.

just some of my thoughts,
E.T.

Is their no difference and its just a case of all mainstream religions having their own fanatical core, that once hyped up they are ready to do anything in the name of their religion.

Yep. Seems like somebody is not doing something right.

join