It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 68: The Uprising

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Tim Sylvia vs Randy Couture

------------------------------------

I think Tim Sylvias stand up sucks and he only gets victories because of his reach advantage, I think Couture will take him to the ground and win by ground & pound in probably the 2nd round.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Two fighters that I don't get really excited about.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Two fighters that I don't get really excited about.

Same, but I hate that fat ass sylvia. No matter who wins this fight theyre going to get destroyed now that Filipovic is in the UFC.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

[edit on 26-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Couture is a good guy, but I think Sylvia will destroy him with his height, weight, and reach advantage.

Yes, Sylvia does appear to be a "fat ass", but his fat ass could kick mine in a heartbeat. Come to think of it, there are quite a few UFC fighters that don't appear to be overly athletic -- Chris Leben and Luke Cummo are two body types that come to mind.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
Come to think of it, there are quite a few UFC fighters that don't appear to be overly athletic

You definitely can't go by that, though. "Looks like Tarzan, fights like Jane" comes to mind.

Remember Larry Holmes? One of the best heavyweights ever and he looked like somebody a high school science teacher could whip.

(Not to disparage any high school science teachers out there).

I'd like to see Couture beat Sylvia. And I think he can. Whoever wants this one the most is going to win it. IMO.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just can't take any heavyweight in the UFC serious right now. There has been some movement over the to UFC, but still all the best heavyweights are fighting in Pride.

Fedor Emelyanenko would destory anything that UFC would throw at him.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I dont think any heavyweight in the UFC can hold a candle to Filipovic. Id like to see how Fujita would do in the UFC. I think he needs to lose a little bit of weight so it isnt so difficult for him to strike. He could be a lot better if he really worked on his striking skills. He did almost knockout Fedor, and hes knocked out James Thompson.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'd put Liddel up against anyone. Although I think the Sylvia is gonna win this one. Nothing against Couture, I think he's a great fighter! Just a little past his prime and small for Sylvia. Couture 6 years ago would have beat him for sure, but now I think the fight will be close and he could win but I doubt it. jm2cents

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I'd put Liddel up against anyone. Although I think the Sylvia is gonna win this one. Nothing against Couture, I think he's a great fighter! Just a little past his prime and small for Sylvia. Couture 6 years ago would have beat him for sure, but now I think the fight will be close and he could win but I doubt it. jm2cents

As long as Liddel stays in the UFC. When he went over to Pride he got his butt kicked. Rampage Jackson who beat Liddel head in at Pride is now in the UFC. Look for a Rampage vs Liddel fight pretty soon.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yes, there's a bit of a size difference.

Check out this pic of RC and TS:

Definite a davey and goliath matchup.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Yes, there's a bit of a size difference.

Check out this pic of RC and TS:

Definite a davey and goliath matchup.

Yeah but I dont think Sylvias experience in ground work can compare to Coutures, yeah Sylvia did beat Jeff Monson by an armbar but I think its Coutures bout. Notice the remark Couture made about Sylvia just holding on to the title, meaning hes not showing much passion for fighting. Its interesting too cause Sylvia only started MMA cause Militech wanted him to because of his size. And I dont know how good his conditioning is.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomanianDacianHun
Yeah but I dont think Sylvias experience in ground work can compare to Coutures, yeah Sylvia did beat Jeff Monson by an armbar but I think its Coutures bout. Notice the remark Couture made about Sylvia just holding on to the title, meaning hes not showing much passion for fighting. Its interesting too cause Sylvia only started MMA cause Militech wanted him to because of his size. And I dont know how good his conditioning is.

If you watch his last fight carefully, you might notice that though Silvia is not a ground expert compared to RC, he is good at stopping submission attempts. Remember Jeff Monson was a multiple Abu Dhabi winner and highly regarded. Having said that, I think the size mis-match was just too great in that match. RC, though smaller is a better match than Jeff.

I really want RC to win, but I also think people are under rating Tim's abilities in standup - he's relentless, and patient. He'd have to make some big mistakes and/or start to gas out for RC to get a chance to sub him.

Should be a great UFC, though.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well Tonight is going to be interesting. I notice you all aren't to excited about Sylvia and Couture. Wel neither am I. Couture is a ground and puond type of guy. He has some boxing background with the army but very little. And Sylvia is big and goofy. This fight has the makings to be very very boring.

Testrat you hit the nail right on the head about Fedor over in pride. He is nasty and in my opinnion the best heavy weight in all MMA.

The exciting part about tonight are going to be the Frankilin vs. MacDonald and the Hughes vs. Lytle. Hughes and Franklin are trying to be #1 contenders again, and when ever these two guys fight they always put on a great show. I really havn't seen a fight card this stacked with three real big fights in a while

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

Well Tonight is going to be interesting.

The exciting part about tonight are going to be the Frankilin vs. MacDonald and the Hughes vs. Lytle. Hughes and Franklin are trying to be #1 contenders again, and when ever these two guys fight they always put on a great show. I really havn't seen a fight card this stacked with three real big fights in a while

I think the Franklin fight could be an upset. Rich does -not- look recovered mentally having just watched the prelim show. I think breaking his hand and foot in the fight previous to GSP sort of caused him to lose some of his nerve. Hate to say it. MacDonald is going to be a handful.

Hughes, OTOH, -is- looking ready and will probably run right over Lytle.

I keep worrying that Randy is -not- going to fight the right kind of fight. He's too eager to get in and mix it up. He needs to use his conditioning and push the fight and stay away nearly the whole first round, imo. THEN, he should start upping the tempo and keep pushing and use the second round to make Tim start to gas. Certainly if there's an opening, RC should go, but I see him as being hurt at the end of R-1, then not making it through R-2. Hope not, though.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!!!!

That was an unreal night tonight.

I was bored with Matt Hughes' fight it was a classic ground and Pound display. But he did come out with the win. Not very exciting I wanted a classic hughes slam

jason Lambert had a huge night knocking Out Renato who is one hell of a fighter. That was an impressive display of punching

Rich Franklin just and absolute beast and dominated MacDonald in all parts of the fight. It was the Franklin of old and I hope a rematch gets under way soon for the title

One of the more exciting fights of the night was Kampmann vs. McFedries. McFedries was killing Kampmann with the stand up and I thought for sure a knockout was going to happen before the end of the first round. Then out of no where Kampmann takes down McFedries and puts a sweet triangle choke on him. McFedries was out cold.

And for the main event HOLY CRAP!!! A lot of people don't like Tim Sylvia including myself. His punches are slow and mythodical and he is big and goofy but he is big and strong and has a ton of power behind all those punches. I was absolutley blown away when Randy Couture nearly knocked sylvia out in the first seonds of the fight. Couture dominated Sylvia in every aspect of the fight. It was shocking how badly he beat up on Sylvia in the stand up. Tim looked like a mess at the end of the fight. And Randy Couture looked like a great boxer. With RC's new standup fighting style I wouldn't mind seeing him against Liddel once again.

War Randy Couture

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
HOLY CRAP!!!!!

That was an unreal night tonight.

I was bored with Matt Hughes' fight it was a classic ground and Pound display. But he did come out with the win. Not very exciting I wanted a classic hughes slam

jason Lambert had a huge night knocking Out Renato who is one hell of a fighter. That was an impressive display of punching

Rich Franklin just and absolute beast and dominated MacDonald in all parts of the fight. It was the Franklin of old and I hope a rematch gets under way soon for the title

One of the more exciting fights of the night was Kampmann vs. McFedries. McFedries was killing Kampmann with the stand up and I thought for sure a knockout was going to happen before the end of the first round. Then out of no where Kampmann takes down McFedries and puts a sweet triangle choke on him. McFedries was out cold.

And for the main event HOLY CRAP!!! A lot of people don't like Tim Sylvia including myself. His punches are slow and mythodical and he is big and goofy but he is big and strong and has a ton of power behind all those punches. I was absolutley blown away when Randy Couture nearly knocked sylvia out in the first seonds of the fight. Couture dominated Sylvia in every aspect of the fight. It was shocking how badly he beat up on Sylvia in the stand up. Tim looked like a mess at the end of the fight. And Randy Couture looked like a great boxer. With RC's new standup fighting style I wouldn't mind seeing him against Liddel once again.

War Randy Couture

[edit on 4-3-2007 by Timcouchfanclub]

I was kind of worried that Couture would get caught with Sylvia putting all his weight in but damn Im so happy that he won. Sylvia must be in a world of shame.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow! I missed the fight! It sounds like I was way off though! Couture Vs. Liddel rematch!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Couture vs Liddell again? Thats just stupid, theyre in different weight classes, Id rather see Rampage Jackson crush Liddell again.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Couture vs Liddell again? Thats just stupid, theyre in different weight classes, Id rather see Rampage Jackson crush Liddell again.

How many years ago was that? Liddel will eat his lunch and he knows it. Liddel is not the same fighter he was then.
Rampage Jackson

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

How many years ago was that? Liddel will eat his lunch and he knows it. Liddel is not the same fighter he was then.
Rampage Jackson

That was in 2003 when they fought. The only fighters that Liddel fought since then that actually had a heartbeat is Randy Couture and Tito. Rampage was got beat twice by Wanderlei Sliva in that same time.

Last year the President of UFC Dana White tried to get Liddel/Wanderlei Silva to fight in a UFC event. I speculate that talks broke down after Liddel realized he would have to fight someone with skill and better technique than himself.

Liddel is good, don't get me wrong. But there is A LOT better fighters out there. Now it looks like some of them are coming over to the UFC. Liddel can't run from them for ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join